• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heroes, Part 2 (718)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON SEVEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 718

SG-1 is called into action while a film crew is documenting the Stargate program, but the S.G.C. comes under investigation after the mission goes terribly wrong.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 10:38 PM.

As SG-1's resident linguist/archeologist, Daniel wasn't needed on the rescue mission. As a seasoned veteran of offworld combat situations, he was needed. But he didn't act in that capacity. While he should have had his eyes up and scanning the area for threats, he was busy playing medic and filming.

So...was he responsible for Dr Frasier's death?

Comment

Originally posted by dorien
      As SG-1's resident linguist/archeologist, Daniel wasn't needed on the rescue mission. As a seasoned veteran of offworld combat situations, he was needed. But he didn't act in that capacity. While he should have had his eyes up and scanning the area for threats, he was busy playing medic and filming.

no the only person responsible for frasiers death is the jaffa that shot her. daniel was helping fraiser and trying to keep the soldier calm and film his message to his wife like he asked, there was several other soldiers around gaurding them and they are trained in combat, yes dainel has become an experienced combat person but when there are personel around better trained in it then him its only natural that he deffer to them and do what he can to help elsewhere

Comment

SPOILER SPACE (just in case)
        I saw it, and it brought tears to my eyes. I don't know which was sadder. That tape footage of Janet getting shot, and the sound of Daniel crying was just devestating. That's what started it for me. After that, there was just almost no end to my weeping. When Sam was crying in her lab preparing the eulogy for Janet, I was crying too. I thought it was touching when Teal'c came into the Sam's lab to help her with the eulogy. That was such nice moment. Then, I felt so bad for Daniel when he was in the ICU, and it looked like he was crying. Then, he started talking about how he died/ascended in that room, and Janet wouldn't leave his side. That made me tear up too.

Oh.....and then the memorial service.....that's when flood gates opened, and I was just teary mess. The memorial service was just so beautifully done. Sam gave a very nice eulogy which I'm sure was partly from Teal'c. Then, that documentary that Bregman put together was done very well, and was really impressed.

I'll miss Janet. I know she's just a fictional character, but she one those characters you can get really attached to. It's like I really got to know her like a friend.

Also, I can't help but think that this episode is sort of like a tribute to all those real people who serve in the armed forces (of any nation) whom have made great sacrifices to fight for what is right.
        sigpic
        Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

A pretty interesting episode. . Although with all the misdirection in it I'm not quite sure what actually happened.
          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

That guy who was crying like a little baby that Daniel was video tapping killed Dr.Frasier. If it wasn't for his winning like a little B**** she wouldn't be dead because Daniel would have been on the lookout

Comment

This wasn't one of the best episodes...but it was OK.
              It feels good to be alive.
              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I really loved this episode, but unfortunately, since I'd seen so little of Dr. Frasier in season 7, her death really wasn't all that impactful. The battle sequence towards the start of this episode is my favorite in SG-1 to date though. I thought it was much more realistic than most in SG-1, and finally we had a crapload troops backing SG-1 up. I loved the shot of the bombers flying over the collapsed Jack.

Phil
                Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
                Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

It was a good episode, very interesting how they made it look like it could have been Jack that died. One thing that I didn't like about it was that Dr. Frasier wasn't really in the episode much. I think since this was her last one, they should have used her bit more, not only this episode but the whole season. There are actually a lot of characters that I missed this season - Major Davis, Thor, Maybourne-how is he doing with the Tok'ra these days?
                  "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Of course not, the Jaffa who shot her is responsible.
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by TheScorpionsSting
                      That guy who was crying like a little baby that Daniel was video tapping killed Dr.Frasier. If it wasn't for his winning like a little B**** she wouldn't be dead because Daniel would have been on the lookout

theres no quarennte Daniel "keeping a look-out" would have changed anything at all. I think if you've been shot in the back and are dying slowly and painfully I think you've got a right to be a bit upset.
                      sigpic
                      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                        theres no quarennte Daniel "keeping a look-out" would have changed anything at all. I think if you've been shot in the back and are dying slowly and painfully I think you've got a right to be a bit upset.
                        Same here, i felt the same anger when that crying dude was 'crying'... I was pretty mad at him!
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                          yes dainel has become an experienced combat person but when there are personel around better trained in it then him its only natural that he deffer to them and do what he can to help elsewhere
                          So if Daniel was deferring to soldiers with better combat training, why wasn't he deferring to the trained medics as well? For that matter, why then was he even on this mission?

Comment

I can't understand how they could let this wonderful actress go just to prove a point...
                            Gaterelle

Comment

Why would Daniel be responsible for her death? He's not the one who shot her!
                              Gaterelle

Comment

Working...
                              X