Heroes, Part 1 (717)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maneth View Post
    Indeed, poor Walter. Great ep though, loved O'Neill chewing out Kinsey.
    I have to say that the two characters i have always loved that are usually in the background but are in almost every episode are Walter (i think sometimes they call him Chief as well) and Sylar (spelling?)
    You ended that sentence with a preposition.....you B$$$$$$$!

Comment

Originally posted by rorybird View Post
      I have to say that the two characters i have always loved that are usually in the background but are in almost every episode are Walter (i think sometimes they call him Chief as well) and Sylar (spelling?)
      I totally agree with you! (And it's Siler.) Walter is so awesome and he's hilarious in episodes where he talks a lot.
      sigpic
      [call me loser.]

Comment

Holy smoke! I had actually never seen Heroes 1 & 2 before yesterday. These episodes are amazingly good. Few shows manages to carry of the "an ordinary day" episode, but this one does. All the small funny and silly little moments is a great set up for the very serious turn in episode 2.
        I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
        -Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City part 1.

Comment

Originally posted by losernerdfriend View Post
          I totally agree with you! (And it's Siler.) Walter is so awesome and he's hilarious in episodes where he talks a lot.
          I found out recently that the actor who plays Siler is also the stunt coordinator for the show. If you notice in later seasons, every episode Siler is in, he gets hurt. I wondered why they were doing that for a while everytime I saw his charcter get injured, but then later found out about him being the stunt coordinator and then it became kind of funny.
          sigpic

Comment

A good ep. Pretty funny as well.

At first the reporter gets on your nerves a bit. But by the end of part 2 he turns out to be alright.

Gotta love Walter.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate_Builder View Post
              I found out recently that the actor who plays Siler is also the stunt coordinator for the show.
              He was also RDA's stunt double, which you can actually see sometimes if you frame by frame certain episodes (e.g., carrying Daniel through the gate in The Light).

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Tuesday night and another ep of SG1...

1. Let's face it, this two parter was very highly anticipated and 99% of us at least know why. However the big event was yet to happen in this ep.

2. What we got was our guys looking very out of the element and I don't blame Hammond for acting as he did. The fact is as he said "Cameras don't just record things they change what they record". All observers do that to some extent.

3. This made Bergman seem slightly annoying. I mean I sympathised with him a bit, the guy was just trying to do his job but why couldn't he see that no one was comfortable with him there and trying to make them comfortable was just going to be a waste of time?

4. SG13 was interesting purely from a characterisation perspective, for a group of one-off characters they were actually pretty solid.

And then we had the To be continued...
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Interesting episode.

There were a lot of interesting moments:
                  • The interview with Teal'c
                  • Jack being his usual smartass
                  • SG-13 looked like a fun team (not as fun as SG-1 though)
                  • Kinsey still being a jerk, even with those cameras around.

Tomorrow, Episode 150, someone's gonna die.
                  sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Wasn't looking forward to this, especially the second part..
                    Saul Rubinek is good though.
                    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Bregman was the narrator of this piece, wonderfully played by Saul Rubinek, his performance was so heartfelt. Made the episode a joy to watch for the first time and every re-watch since!

Through his attempt to give a face to the people of the SGC we learned a lot about the SGC. We knew they were heroes, but here we had a chance to get to the essence of what made the people of the SGC who they were. We saw what they were up against in their daily lives and Bregman only wanted to catalogue the lives and actions of some exceptional, yet ordinary people that even we as the viewer take for granted. The fantastic scene with SG-13 discussing ordinary things that people at any job would with their colleagues was a great piece of drama and superbly acted. What a great way to remind us who these people, whose adventures we follow really are!

The writing was superb in my opinion and makes this and part two one of the highlights of the whole franchise.

Comment

This episode reminds me of the Star Trek: TNG episode, "Lower Decks" We got to see the SGC from a prespective that is not SG1. First you get an outsider perspective of the film crew. We are use to seeing the free reign SG1 gets its weird to see all the restriction that the film crew has. Also we get to see an average mission from the backup SG team. SG1 doesn't do the average missions. Since they are the front line team they get the really important missions. So I really like seeing these different perspectives even if Bregman is kind of a jerk in this episode.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes this was excellent.
                          Teal'c was interviewed and it went great

Comment

Surprised to see Artie in Warehouse 13 show up in this ep. It is really weird and funny to hear the word artefact from him in SG1

Comment

If I had to decide, I probably would vote "Heroes" my favorite 2 eps. of the whole franchise. The writing is so brillant, as is the directing and photography - let alone the various performances by the cast, especially Saul Rubinek.
                              The whole setup for the 2. Part is perfectly done.

There is just one tiny little flaw, that bugs me every time I watch it. The interview with Carter is out of character. The writers wanted to have the Jack/Sam-stuff discussed, not realizing that it is completely unrealistic and also inappropriate for Carter to actually dwell on that subject when being interviewed for a documentary. She would not have said half of what she actually did - especially, since she did that mostly on her own. She was not driven in any corner here.

But other than that, that two-parter is really a highlight of the 10 years Sg-1 era.

Comment

The audience gets well prepared for the second part (= conclusion)
                                - tension is built up
                                - Bergmann tries a job on 'hostile' ground
                                - Teal'c is the funny element giving the best interview of his life
                                - violence
                                - to be continued (ha,ha)

good one, second part even better

CARPE DIEM
                                ANJA

Comment

Working...
                                X