Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Heroes, Part 1 (717)

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballman
    Is it just me or did that flying drone thingy remind anyone of the flying drone thingy from star wars?
    I see what you're saying,but I wasn't really reminded of the Star Wars Probe. Great connection though!

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Heroes, Part 1 (717)

What flying drone thingy from Star Wars? Which episode?
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel's_twin
    What flying drone thingy from Star Wars? Which episode?
    The proble the Empire sent to Hoth in "Empire Strikes Back."

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Heroes, Part 1 (717)

Ah. Thanks.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

I loved this episode. The scenes with Bregman and each team member were great. I loved the conversation between Bregman and Daniel about his ascension. ROTFL!

Siler explaining his job was priceless.

While Bregman was annoying, I do see this point of view on the Stargate program and why it should go public.

It's nice to see Adam Baldwin working again. Dammit, I miss Firefly. Anywho, I loved SG-13's banter and Col. Dixon's thoughts on having his children. LOL! Also the comment he made to his team member (the red-haired doctor) about Daniel.

Yes, I thought of Star Wars when I saw the flying drone.
    Last edited by LMichelle; December 3rd, 2004 at 02:15 PM. Reason: adding more to it

this is a good episode, really funny seeing jack/tealc and danny in front of the camera, especially dannys, i wanted to see if youd follow me.

the colonel of sg13 reminded my of the boss from band of brother, cant wait for part 2 next week!

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Definatly worth watching just for the Documentory aspect, and seeing Bregman grill everybody. Chevron Guy's best moment ever!

I dunno, I wasnt that impressed. I thought Walter's explanation of his job was shocking, he does so much more! I did like Sg-13's banter. But I just felt the eipsode could have benefitted from a faster, bouncier pace, kinda like the behind the scenes look of Wormhole Xtreme.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

yeah, sg13 seemed more comfortable with there private lifes and the way they interacted seemed more comfortable in general than sg1!

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

I think the attitude that the SGC has toward the press is pretty sad; it's somebody doing his job, and TRYING to do it well. Especially if no one was going to see the video for years, there would be no harm in letting Bregman shoot the gate dialing, or people running, as long as he wasn't in the way. Nothing would be compromised by allowing him to tape things occuring; the guy who followed him around would've been there for the editing process anyway and could've removed any potentially compromising material. He was trying to make an interesting piece of journalistic expression, and all Hammond could do was obstruct him in every possible way.

Second Lieutenant

"Heroes" shouldn't have been a two-parter. Part I was almost entirely uninteresting filler, focusing on drawn out interview jokes and an offworld mission by a totally unknown team (who nonetheless act suspiciously like SG-1). If Part II had snipped the lame NID plot and just stuck to the emotional stuff, this could have been an awesome 44 minutes. Instead, it turned into an hour and a half melange of plotlines that never really comes together in the end.

i just hope part II lives up to the quality of this episode

i just hope part II lives up to the quality of this episode

I loved Adam Baldwin's part in this episode... his interaction with his team was priceless... Very unJaynelike... All that stuff about parenting was classic...

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

This was good, a lot of funny moments in the various interviews.

I too thought of Empire, when I saw that drone.

I think theres quite a funny Back to the future reference in this episode:

Jack and others mention the name Mary Steenburgen ( whom he'd like to have dinner with ) and she was Doc EMMETT Brown's wife in the, uberly cool, movie......
    the name of the interviewer is EMMETT BREGMAN; lol
    It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Chief Master Sergeant artemis_chosen's Avatar

I thought this episode was a good one, but having been spoiled about who was going to die, I went in disliking it for that reason. Still do, it's a great tribute piece to service men and women around the globe. We don't know what they go through day in day out while on tour and hopefuly never will.

Aside from that I loved the scene in the mess with Bregman flirting with Janet, especially Janet's comeback about Cassie, 'No ... no ... she's adopted ... *waits till he drinks his coffee* she's from another planet. *Eats*'

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Lugal View Post
    I liked the part with Daniel

Bregman: Why were you running?

Daniel: I just wanted to see if you would chase me.
    Agreed, that was one of the funny parts..

And i loved how he tried to get sam and daniel to say whether they thought the gate should go public..

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel's_twin View Post
    He was a bit charming with Doc Frasier, though. That I liked about him (at least he had good taste in some areas).
    I was actually surprised that Frasier agreed to his 'lunch' date...

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballman View Post
    Is it just me or did that flying drone thingy remind anyone of the flying drone thingy from star wars?

That would be an "Arakyd Viper Probe droid.. and yes i did think it was a 'honorific' to starwars... Also, i am surprised it took the Gou'ald this long to start using them, since they have had 6+ years of us using them.

Quote Originally Posted by yasureubetcha View Post
    I think the attitude that the SGC has toward the press is pretty sad; it's somebody doing his job, and TRYING to do it well.. He was trying to make an interesting piece of journalistic expression, and all Hammond could do was obstruct him in every possible way.
    Agreed. It did seem they were all (well most) a little to 'snarky' about it/.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Pasternak View Post
    The proble the Empire sent to Hoth in "Empire Strikes Back."
    Yes on the audio commentary i belive that make a refrance to the Star Wars imprial Prode Droid from Empire as the inspiration for its design.

I love the first part of Heros as you get to see more of the SGC without SG-1 which is nice as well as another SG team making the discoverys.

Things i Like
    -SG-13: they where all cool charcters especailly the laeder. Who played Jayne in Fire Fly. I also love the convo he was having about his kids.
    -Goa'uld robot prode. Finally an actually Droid in stargate. Shame we never got to see it again.
    -SG-13 talking about battleing some ugly alien monster on another planet showing that cool stuff dose happen offscreen and the Stargate universe is not all Humans living next to pine forests.
    -Dr lee's new armour test which went wrong.
    -Teal'cs interview
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Quote Originally Posted by LMichelle View Post
    I loved this episode. The scenes with Bregman and each team member were great. I loved the conversation between Bregman and Daniel about his ascension. ROTFL!

Siler explaining his job was priceless.

While Bregman was annoying, I do see this point of view on the Stargate program and why it should go public.

It's nice to see Adam Baldwin working again. Dammit, I miss Firefly. Anywho, I loved SG-13's banter and Col. Dixon's thoughts on having his children. LOL! Also the comment he made to his team member (the red-haired doctor) about Daniel.

Yes, I thought of Star Wars when I saw the flying drone.

Haha. Yeah. Them placing bets on what they'd encounter on the planet. I thought that was really amusing. "I'm going to go with trees, sir." "Bosworth's disqualified for being a smartass."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast