This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F305 Possibility?

Well, since Season 6, we saw the design of two Earth ships (the Prometheus - BC303 and Fighter Interceptor - F302). Now its season 10, and we see that there is a new battle cruiser, the BC304 but we haven't seen any real upgrades to the F302.

Will there be a new fighter for both stargate and atlantis shows? Probably the possiblity with a ship that fits through the gate and costs are lower?

Here is my idea of a F305:

- 3/4 the size of the F302
    - 2 main railguns (mini sized)
    - Naquada powered
    - 2 missiles
    - Only for 1 pilot

I would also want a new fighter so that the Daedalus class ships would be able to scramble fighters, similar to the Vipers on BSG!
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Good ideas but maybe with the impending Ori domination of the galaxy SGC hasnt had time or the money to put in research on making upgrades at the moment maybe when we find the holy grail (san graal) maybe we can focus on upgrades but probably nothing before the first half of season 10.
    sigpic

Comment

personally i think the F-302's are good enough but with the addition of the rail guns but we probably need to be focusing on a more powerful mothership or just make the BSC304 bigger so everything works better
      sigpic

Comment

I doubt those little fighters will be of much use against the Ori ships... but we do know that in Season 10 there's
        Spoiler:
        a new Earth ship called the "Athena". As the Greek Goddess of War, I think the Athena will be quite strong for an Earth vessel. It can be an upgraded version of the DSC/BC 304s or it can be an entirely new class of ships.
        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
          I doubt those little fighters will be of much use against the Ori ships... but we do know that in Season 10 there's
          Spoiler:
          a new Earth ship called the "Athena". As the Greek Goddess of War, I think the Athena will be quite strong for an Earth vessel. It can be an upgraded version of the DSC/BC 304s or it can be an entirely new class of ships.
          info from where???

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
          pps = power per second
          The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
          xfire = zpm
          [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
          http://m2kclan.com
          vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
          port: 3785
          P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
          halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
          Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
            Spoiler:
            There is no earth ship athena coming off the line in s10. Athena was in the spoilers as an
            Spoiler:
            alien, possibly a goa'uld who captures someone. I think its vala or someone else.
            But it's no ship.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift
              Well, since Season 6, we saw the design of two Earth ships (the Prometheus - BC303 and Fighter Interceptor - F302). Now its season 10, and we see that there is a new battle cruiser, the BC304 but we haven't seen any real upgrades to the F302.
              First, the Prometheus is the X-303, but aren't the Daedalus-class ships BC-303s?

The only upgrade the 302 needs is some kind of rapid-fire weapon, either laser cannons like death gliders, or something like railguns, as opposed to just having missiles. I can't see any need to have a ship that can travel through Stargates, as there aren't any space-gates in the Milky Way.

I think they need a mid-size, mid-range battleship, the equivalent of the Al'kesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
                First, the Prometheus is the X-303, but aren't the Daedalus-class ships BC-303s?

The only upgrade the 302 needs is some kind of rapid-fire weapon, either laser cannons like death gliders, or something like railguns, as opposed to just having missiles. I can't see any need to have a ship that can travel through Stargates, as there aren't any space-gates in the Milky Way.

I think they need a mid-size, mid-range battleship, the equivalent of the Al'kesh.
                It has been stated in the show that the Daedalus class vessels are 304s.

But I do agree with you on the near uslessness of a ship capable of going through the gate. The only use of one would be to transport a large number of troops through the gate, while our starships are fighting in space, and lay down cover fire.

Comment

Not necessarily. Space ships have to travel using hyperspace generators... and it would be nicer if our ships could use the storage space for more ammo during the firefight in space.

If we could launch a squadron of 302's using gates, we could send in an assault force without hogging space on a carrier. Then these ships, once they're done with the ground-based forces, can jet off to assist in the space battle.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                    Not necessarily. Space ships have to travel using hyperspace generators... and it would be nicer if our ships could use the storage space for more ammo during the firefight in space.

If we could launch a squadron of 302's using gates, we could send in an assault force without hogging space on a carrier. Then these ships, once they're done with the ground-based forces, can jet off to assist in the space battle.
                    302's can't fit through the gate in one piece. They have to be taken apart then carried through the gate where they need a runway to launch.
                    Spoiler:
                    This was shown in our first assault on Anubis's superweapon.

Comment

Right. but if we can scale down the fighter a bit.. or something. :| :| :|

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                        Right. but if we can scale down the fighter a bit.. or something. :| :| :|
                        Well then we'll have to take something off. Which would you want to take off their aero-spike engines or their missiles?

Comment

Hyperspace Generator

Comment

Look at it from the point of view of the american government why develop a new fighter if the 302 is extremely effectie against darts and death gliders. They should just load them with some emps and some nukes.

emps= electro magnetic pulse knocks out electronic equipment
                            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper
                              emps= electro magnetic pulse knocks out electronic equipment
                              True an EMP can knock out electronic equipment(like that on an F-302) but most advanced races use either organic or crystal tech which isn't effected in the same way as normal electronics are.

Comment

Working...
                              X