Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chief Master Sergeant segaxgames's Avatar

Default Earth needs more ships...seriously

I was mad when the prometheous was destroyed (that is probably why Ethon got low ratings). I also hated the fact that the korolev was destroyed...on the same episode. I understand that the creator is starting to start over, but this is rediculous; SG1 isn't even fun anymore.

THUS MAKE MORE SHIPS TO COVER THE MESS THAT WAS IN SEASON 9...SERIOUSLY.

I'd tell you, but then I'd have to shoot you.

Default Re: Earth needs more ships...seriously

1. Welcome to the forum.

2. You're gonna wanna put some kind of spoiler warning on that.

3. The Prometheus and the Korelev were not destroyed in the same episode.

4. I agree, we need more ships.

5. SG-1 is still fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper One
    1. Welcome to the forum.

2. You're gonna wanna put some kind of spoiler warning on that.

3. The Prometheus and the Korelev were not destroyed in the same episode.

4. I agree, we need more ships.

5. SG-1 is still fun.

Very well said.

Yes, we need more ships. We should have a fleet of ships, similar to a navy(different classes of ships).

DHD Re: Earth needs more ships...seriously

SG-1 is fun i do think they need more ships though, the Asgard should stump upon some materials and make a fleet for Earth for saving their tiny gray bums so many times

Quote Originally Posted by segaxgames
    I was mad when the prometheous was destroyed (that is probably why Ethon got low ratings). I also hated the fact that the korolev was destroyed...on the same episode. I understand that the creator is starting to start over, but this is rediculous; SG1 isn't even fun anymore.

THUS MAKE MORE SHIPS TO COVER THE MESS THAT WAS IN SEASON 9...SERIOUSLY.
    Don't forget it takes time to build ships.

Don't forget it takes time to build ships
    I agree it really isn't realistic to have a fleet of ships considering the limited capabilities of earth. I'm guessing we probably won't see any new USAF ships until maybe mid to late season 10. Hopefully the other nations pump out some ships to cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis8886
    SG-1 is fun i do think they need more ships though, the Asgard should stump upon some materials and make a fleet for Earth for saving their tiny gray bums so many times
    ARGH the Asgard are NOT our butt monkeys! They got better things to do than help some backwoulds little planet who can barely stop themselves from blowing up - WITHOUT alien help!

Secondly...I agree, takes time to build ships and as much as I LIKE the ships, I hope we dont get them to soon
    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar
    I agree it really isn't realistic to have a fleet of ships considering the limited capabilities of earth. I'm guessing we probably won't see any new USAF ships until maybe mid to late season 10. Hopefully the other nations pump out some ships to cover.

That's exactly it. Earth doesn't have the means to produce ships very quickly yet. Also, it wouldn't be easy to keep a large ship building production under wraps.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Sooner or later, if we can survive this Ori threat, Earth will have it's fleet. It's inevitable, really. But I agree, we need some more now too.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger
    That's exactly it. Earth doesn't have the means to produce ships very quickly yet. Also, it wouldn't be easy to keep a large ship building production under wraps.
    Exactly! Sooner or later, the US is going to have to announce something to the world at large.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Hmm, that's true. You know, I'm wondering if they could get away with NOT mentioning the Stargate program and try and claim that it came from reverse engineering the crashed Roswell vessel from the 1950's. That would work, and the governments could just keep the existence of the Stargate under wraps.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Earth Symbol Re: Earth needs more ships...seriously

Personally, I'd prefer that the show not become Star Trek: SG-1. A couple ships is fine, but if we start pumping out ships by the dozens I doubt I'd be able to suspend disbelief anymore. I used most of my belief suspension by accepting that everyone speaks English.

Same here Major. I really don't know if we need more ships. It's just too Star Treky story-wise. I agree that Earth needs more protection but I think turning to our allies like the Asgard, Jaffa etc. for help would make the show more enjoyable in terms of storytelling. If Earth starts having an armada of ships it would just seem too convenient and possibly make the show boring.

Lieutenant Colonel freyr's mother's Avatar

Maybe since the asgard have seen how badly we got our asses handed to us, they'll give us some of their old pulse weapons. However, I doubt even this would suffice. The asgard ship made no difference on the Ori shields.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger
    New to the forum.

Don't forget Earth has off-world Trinium and Naquada mines. With the aid of Russia,UK, and China, they could build the ships on another planet. that would be easier and less costly then trying to build them on Earth and maintain secrecy. I read somewhere nearly 50% of all military covert(black) projects costs are associated with maintaining the secrecy.

The cost to build a ship like that must be huge so i dont see Earth having a huge fleet unless we get some allies to help us.

The only way Earth could produce a viable fleet is to go public with the Stargate. I really don't see them pumping out ships in total secret. They just don't have the industrial capacity. Plus not like current ships will do use any good. The 304s can never hope to match an Ori vessel and even saying they can take on a Ha'tak is a stretch. So ya as much as I would like to see Earth have a large fleet and become a major power in the Galaxy, I just don't see it happening this soon.

I hope if a Third series of Stargate is made then it will be in the not so far flug future with fleets of earth ships of all sorts of sizes and configurations, i think that the way the series is going a galaxy where humans and their allies patrol the stars in ships is the way things look to be
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

In real life it takes about 7 years to design and build an aircraft carrier. But then its TV and somehow Area 51 is faster at building larger space-capable ships than American shipyards.

Chevron Re: Earth needs more ships...seriously

you know think how many stargate fans thier are right, if the us government when public think how many millions of people will want to be in the stargate program or on one of earth ships and how many people will help to build them and such, so going public will open up a hole range of options, but i agree building them offworld is smart, but alot of people will think like senator kensey and want the program shut down but then again i think there are more Sci-fi fans that will wanna be on a ship or in atlantis or join the SG program.

would it be hard to build an army out of nerds to fight the ori ?
    just kidding !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast