This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth needs more ships...seriously

I was mad when the prometheous was destroyed (that is probably why Ethon got low ratings). I also hated the fact that the korolev was destroyed...on the same episode. I understand that the creator is starting to start over, but this is rediculous; SG1 isn't even fun anymore.

THUS MAKE MORE SHIPS TO COVER THE MESS THAT WAS IN SEASON 9...SERIOUSLY.

1. Welcome to the forum.

2. You're gonna wanna put some kind of spoiler warning on that.

3. The Prometheus and the Korelev were not destroyed in the same episode.

4. I agree, we need more ships.

5. SG-1 is still fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
      1. Welcome to the forum.

2. You're gonna wanna put some kind of spoiler warning on that.

3. The Prometheus and the Korelev were not destroyed in the same episode.

4. I agree, we need more ships.

5. SG-1 is still fun.

Very well said.

Yes, we need more ships. We should have a fleet of ships, similar to a navy(different classes of ships).

Comment

SG-1 is fun i do think they need more ships though, the Asgard should stump upon some materials and make a fleet for Earth for saving their tiny gray bums so many times

Comment

Originally posted by segaxgames
          I was mad when the prometheous was destroyed (that is probably why Ethon got low ratings). I also hated the fact that the korolev was destroyed...on the same episode. I understand that the creator is starting to start over, but this is rediculous; SG1 isn't even fun anymore.

THUS MAKE MORE SHIPS TO COVER THE MESS THAT WAS IN SEASON 9...SERIOUSLY.
          Don't forget it takes time to build ships.
          Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
          Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Don't forget it takes time to build ships
            I agree it really isn't realistic to have a fleet of ships considering the limited capabilities of earth. I'm guessing we probably won't see any new USAF ships until maybe mid to late season 10. Hopefully the other nations pump out some ships to cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis8886
              SG-1 is fun i do think they need more ships though, the Asgard should stump upon some materials and make a fleet for Earth for saving their tiny gray bums so many times
              ARGH the Asgard are NOT our butt monkeys! They got better things to do than help some backwoulds little planet who can barely stop themselves from blowing up - WITHOUT alien help!

Secondly...I agree, takes time to build ships and as much as I LIKE the ships, I hope we dont get them to soon
              Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar
                I agree it really isn't realistic to have a fleet of ships considering the limited capabilities of earth. I'm guessing we probably won't see any new USAF ships until maybe mid to late season 10. Hopefully the other nations pump out some ships to cover.

That's exactly it. Earth doesn't have the means to produce ships very quickly yet. Also, it wouldn't be easy to keep a large ship building production under wraps.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Sooner or later, if we can survive this Ori threat, Earth will have it's fleet. It's inevitable, really. But I agree, we need some more now too.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
                    That's exactly it. Earth doesn't have the means to produce ships very quickly yet. Also, it wouldn't be easy to keep a large ship building production under wraps.
                    Exactly! Sooner or later, the US is going to have to announce something to the world at large.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hmm, that's true. You know, I'm wondering if they could get away with NOT mentioning the Stargate program and try and claim that it came from reverse engineering the crashed Roswell vessel from the 1950's. That would work, and the governments could just keep the existence of the Stargate under wraps.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Personally, I'd prefer that the show not become Star Trek: SG-1. A couple ships is fine, but if we start pumping out ships by the dozens I doubt I'd be able to suspend disbelief anymore. I used most of my belief suspension by accepting that everyone speaks English.
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Same here Major. I really don't know if we need more ships. It's just too Star Treky story-wise. I agree that Earth needs more protection but I think turning to our allies like the Asgard, Jaffa etc. for help would make the show more enjoyable in terms of storytelling. If Earth starts having an armada of ships it would just seem too convenient and possibly make the show boring.
                          "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Maybe since the asgard have seen how badly we got our asses handed to us, they'll give us some of their old pulse weapons. However, I doubt even this would suffice. The asgard ship made no difference on the Ori shields.

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
                              New to the forum.

Don't forget Earth has off-world Trinium and Naquada mines. With the aid of Russia,UK, and China, they could build the ships on another planet. that would be easier and less costly then trying to build them on Earth and maintain secrecy. I read somewhere nearly 50% of all military covert(black) projects costs are associated with maintaining the secrecy.

Comment

Working...
                              X