Live Together, Die Alone (223)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rarocks24
    That still doesn't explain in the first season the smoke throwing someone into the engine of a jet.

If it was really a projection of a person, who was it a projection of? Ethan Rom (I still think he shouldn't have been killed...it's also possible that Ethan Rom is someone high up in the Dharma folks/Others. I mean he was a doctor, supposedly. )? I think it's an alien that Dharma found.
    Maybe thats the whole idea, i mean i find it hard to put "lost" into a specific category, do i put it into a science fiction or just a drama, but if it does involve some kind of other worldly creature then its a sci fi show, maybe the whole idea of the operation was that on this remote island a alien creature of dare i say it creatures arrived on earth/crashed on earth and some organisation got wind of it, maybe they had been following them for many decades before and decided to try and use this but only on a secluded island away from prying eyes and the experiment went wrong because they didn't understand what they were dealing with, trapped on this island the rest is just coincidence and fate perhaps

Food for thought
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

with regards to the genre... it is really difficult to say what it is.

i also think though that its a bit like sherlock holmes where it sets up storylines that have a scifi/ mythological feel to them, then later on in the season (story), there is a slightly more scientific explanation. For example the polar bear- for ages that was a huge mystery, but then when the first dharma hatch was found it hinted that the experiments they were carrying out somehow involved them- so dharma could have transplated them to the island for tests- that still might not be the case, but it offers you potential sciency reasons for things.

i think its offering the viewers a choice as well... whether they want to be 'men of science' or 'men of faith'

i'm looking forward to finding out more about the 'monster' - should be interesting.

another thing that should be interesting is the mystery of jack's tattoos (which apparently we will find out about in season 3)

does anyone know when season 3 will air?

Comment

Season three will begin airing on October 4, 2006. It will include 23 episodes that will be delivered in two blocks: an initial autumn arc of six episodes and a second run of seventeen consecutive episodes beginning in February 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
          True. I hope you are right. Before this episode, I found Desmond excess baggage, so to speak. Thats completely changed. I felt for him and would really love to see him able to participate (in 'alive' mode) in developing the story of Pen and Des.
          Spoiler:
          from the spoilers I've seen he is very much alive--the third or fourth episode (can't remember which) is supposed to be about him
          sigpic
          Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
          "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOW
            what a finale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            We finally got to see what happened To Desmond !!! and not only that but in 3 out of 4 flashback scenes there was a connection to another character.
            Desmond met Libby in the shop, he then was parking and about to go running with Jack and finaly he was taken into the Hatch by Kelvin. The man who taught Sayid how to be a torturer !!!!!!
            It was also great to see the button issue resolved and im glad it did turn out the way it did in the sense of storytelling (if nothing did happen then this episode would have been pretty sucky no offense but throught this episode I was mostly concernd with the Hatch than Jack and co. being captured.) and now we are faced with an interesting dilemma such as what is happening to Charlie. We now know that
            Spoiler:
            Eko Des and Locke survive and also in new screenshots it appears locke is talking through writing things down and pictures for charlie. This suggests one or two things. either Locke cant speak or Charlie cant hear. id go with the former now after properly watching this episode

It was great to finally see Fenry with the Others too !! he looks like he holds some kind of authority over them. This is interesting too. Perhaps Fenry allowed himself to be captured. Also he must have pushed the button and lied to Locke to mess with his head. I dont see any other option.
            I could go on for more and more but I need sleep

so at the end of this I give this ep 10/10 for sheer Brillaince and Such a clifffhanger I cant wait for Season 3
            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by wessock
              I just watched my season 2 DVDs and noticed that Libby said that her dead husband's name was David while she was talking to Desmond. Since she was in the psych ward with Hurley, I wonder if her David is the same as Hurley's Dave.
              Nice catch! I never thought of that before. Man this show makes my head hurt.
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

wow, nice part

Comment

Working...
                X