No announcement yet.

Live Together, Die Alone (223)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But it's unlikely he'd know Desmond would follow him, or notice the rip in the pants, etc. Could still be "Island Coincidence".
    "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

I loved this episode. My big regret is Desmond. I had become terribly attached to him in this episode.
      sigpic
      ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

I wouldn't go assuming he's dead... Infact with the addition of Penelope to the storyline, Desmond may remain an integral part of the storyline.

If we continue to learn about Penelope's search, and I'm making some assumptions here but, for Desmond (by way of finding the island), it would be rather sad seeing her search for the next few seasons for a dead man.

Comment

Well, all I have to say is 'Arrrrggghhh!'... another interminable wait for the next season to start!

Seems to be quite an evolution going on with this show... the first season focussed on the fusies and their immediate problems and the issues of surviving amidst all the weird goings on. The second season has focussed on the island and the other things that are happening and the third will expand that further to include the outside world and perhaps the islands place within it...

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
            I wouldn't go assuming he's dead... Infact with the addition of Penelope to the storyline, Desmond may remain an integral part of the storyline.

If we continue to learn about Penelope's search, and I'm making some assumptions here but, for Desmond (by way of finding the island), it would be rather sad seeing her search for the next few seasons for a dead man.
            True. I hope you are right. Before this episode, I found Desmond excess baggage, so to speak. Thats completely changed. I felt for him and would really love to see him able to participate (in 'alive' mode) in developing the story of Pen and Des.
            sigpic
            ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by Nyarlathotep
              the third will expand that further to include the outside world and perhaps the islands place within it...
              Spoiler:
              From what I hear that isnt the focus of S3, the focus this time is The Others. S1 was the fussies and opening the hatch. S2 was the Dharma Initiative. S3 is the others, and with Michael Emmerson added to the regulars next year Im pretty sure thats how things are going to go down.

Am I the only one who thinks that Henry isnt the leader of the others? I think there is a chain of command, and while he is a few levels above Tom/Mr Friendly/Zeke when he spoke of "Him" that seemed like true fear, and Im not convinced that he was reffering to himself and just acting VERY well.

Overall, this really was a fantastic episode, and a brilliant ending to S2, which IMO has been far better than S1 overall. Desmond was great, I just hope he survived 'cus I would like to see more of him on the island next season. I doubt that Locke and Eko are dead, just because of Charlie's reaction when he hears they arent back, perhaps there was something going on off screen that we will see early next season. Sawyer talking to Kate about getting "caught in a net" with Jack was hilarious. Im going to miss Michael
              Spoiler:
              as he wont be on the regulars next year, but will be guest starring in some, and Im hoping Walt will do the same
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                Spoiler:
                From what I hear that isnt the focus of S3, the focus this time is The Others. S1 was the fussies and opening the hatch. S2 was the Dharma Initiative. S3 is the others, and with Michael Emmerson added to the regulars next year Im pretty sure thats how things are going to go down.

Am I the only one who thinks that Henry isnt the leader of the others? I think there is a chain of command, and while he is a few levels above Tom/Mr Friendly/Zeke when he spoke of "Him" that seemed like true fear, and Im not convinced that he was reffering to himself and just acting VERY well.

Overall, this really was a fantastic episode, and a brilliant ending to S2, which IMO has been far better than S1 overall. Desmond was great, I just hope he survived 'cus I would like to see more of him on the island next season. I doubt that Locke and Eko are dead, just because of Charlie's reaction when he hears they arent back, perhaps there was something going on off screen that we will see early next season. Sawyer talking to Kate about getting "caught in a net" with Jack was hilarious. Im going to miss Michael
                Spoiler:
                as he wont be on the regulars next year, but will be guest starring in some, and Im hoping Walt will do the same

Do you know who the regulars are for next season - ie, are say, Terry O'Quinn and Adewele [crumbs i can't spell his name] confirmed as regulars or not?
                I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
                  Do you know who the regulars are for next season - ie, are say, Terry O'Quinn and Adewele [crumbs i can't spell his name] confirmed as regulars or not?
                  No, all I know is that:
                  Spoiler:
                  • Three new people will join, two women (one in her 30's, the other in her 20's) and a man (in his 20's).
                  • Harold Perrineau (Michael) is not a regular
                  • Cynthia Watros is going to be around in flashbacks
                  • Henry is a regular
                  • There are less fussie flashbacks, so we will be getting flashbacks of the new characters, so maybe a look at Henry's past on the island is a possibility.
                  • We will at least find out what happened to Cindy, so were likely to see her at some point.

Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks that Henry isnt the leader of the others?

I never assume anything on this show. It would be silly to assume that just because he showed superiority over a dozen people on the beach, that he's senior to everyone involved with the island.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                      Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                      I agree, I don't think Henry is the leader, either. Maybe the leader of the group that we saw, but not of "it". The leader (or leaders) would not be in a position to be captured so easily, I don't think.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                        I agree, I don't think Henry is the leader, either. Maybe the leader of the group that we saw, but not of "it". The leader (or leaders) would not be in a position to be captured so easily, I don't think.
                        Unless Henry had planned to be intentionally captured.
                        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

just FYI if you listened to the official podcast on the ABC website, damon and carlton said season 3 will focus on the characters, their backgrounds, and their relationships with each other.

Comment

This was a great episode and a great finale.

I think that Henry isn´t the big cheese of Dharma, in fact I doubt that he and the others are working for Dharma at all. They are more likely either people much like the losties who have simply gotten used to the Island or a are a group that is trying to work against Dharma but don´t really have the ways and means to do it.

As for Desmonds chick, I agree that she was almost certainly just searching for him. The reason for the electromagnetic thing would then most likely be because Desmond disappeared in one of them. Why she would assume that a man who was lost at sea three years ago was still alive is any ones guess.

It´s great to know that the button served a purpose, I´m really looking forward to seeing what the fallout from the shut down will be.

Next season should be great

Comment

Just finally watched it (damn OT at work).

Comments:

I hope Charlie didn't leave Locke, Eko and possibly Desmond in the hatch buried alive. At first I figured he was just shell shocked but we will see when S3 starts up.

Michael: I would have shot him (in the head) as soon as Sawyer got hit with the dart. His usefulnesss was over and he was an admitted murderer/traitor. Better not to have a man like that at your back during a fight.

This eps answered a few questions but raised a lot more. Who are the others (AKA the good guys)?
                              Why did they have a fake hatch? Just to fool Michael? Or Michael and others?
                              Desmond knew them as "the hostiles" Hostile to what/whom?

Theories:
                              The Others have access to the cameras in the now defunct electromagnetic hatch. They used this camera access to lure Michael in via the computer. Why? to get a blood sample to test for Walt's "psychic" abilities.

Fenry Gale pushed the button while Locke was trapped under the door (obviously). But more importantly he KNEW about the electromagnet. I'm theorizing that this is why the Others WOULD NOT go to rescue Fenry on their own. They did not want to risk damaging the terminal that kept the Electromagnet in check or getting blown up in a firefight in the Hatch.

Michael and Walt WILL NOT be able to get away from the island on heading 325. This may have worked while the naturally occuring electromagnet was in check but now its unleashed.

Final Thoughts: I want to see Michael killed off. I am PLAIN DISGUSTED with him.
                              Last edited by jmallx; 29 May 2006, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmallx
                                Just finally watched it (damn OT at work).

Comments:

I hope Charlie didn't leave Locke, Eko and possibly Desmond in the hatch buried alive. At first I figured he was just shell shocked but we will see when S3 starts up.

Michael: I would have shot him (in the head) as soon as Sawyer got hit with the dart. His usefulnesss was over and he was an admitted murderer/traitor. Better not to have a man like that at your back during a fight.

This eps answered a few questions but raised a lot more. Who are the others (AKA the good guys)?
                                Why did they have a fake hatch? Just to fool Michael? Or Michael and others?
                                Desmond knew them as "the hostiles" Hostile to what/whom?

Theories:
                                The Others have access to the cameras in the now defunct electromagnetic hatch. They used this camera access to lure Michael in via the computer. Why? to get a blood sample to test for Walt's "psychic" abilities.

Fenry Gale pushed the button while Locke was trapped under the door (obviously). But more importantly he KNEW about the electromagnet. I'm theorizing that this is why the Others WOULD NOT go to rescue Fenry on their own. They did not want to risk damaging the terminal that kept the Electromagnet in check or getting blown up in a firefight in the Hatch.

Michael and Walt WILL NOT be able to get away from the island on heading 325. This may have worked while the naturally occuring electromagnet was in check but now its unleashed.

Final Thoughts: I want to see Michael killed off. I am PLAIN DISGUSTED with him.
                                I don't think that Charlie is going to leave them in the hatch

God I hope something happens to Michael and that Walt is the only one that's rescued. Fenry's getting on my nerves with all this "good" one crap, I hope something painful comes to the "Good guys" or as Desmond knows them The Others. It didn't help that I didn't see all of the two parter, so I was about clueless at the end as to what happened. I finally rewatched the two parter today.

So the electromagnetic experiment is now terminated? Does that mean that the island is no longer electromagnetic? I think what lured Desmond back was the electromagnetism in the island that fooled the boats compass. Or the weather patterns along the island are funky. Interesting thing, the statue was definitely greek, though I don't know what the symbolism with the four twos would mean....

Anyways, wow....Desmond is connected to Penny and to Libby. I'm wondering if Penny is trying to find Desmond and knows that he was somehow involved with Dharma given her father's connections to Hanso. Oh, and the guy with the fake beard's name is Tom.
                                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X