• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Minutes (222)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON TWO
    THREE MINUTES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 222

Michael prepares a small group to attack the Others' camp and rescue Walt, as he recalls his time as their captive. The group prepares to bury two of their friends.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 05:44 PM.

Great ep, I can't wait till next week's 2 hour season finale, it absolutely looks good
    sigpic

Comment

Argh!

I was wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. And you(you all know who you are ) were right; Micheal was not being mind-controlled, but sold out his friends for Walt.

Micheal, I know you love Walt, but I'm disappointed in you. Oh, well, at least Sayid saw through him.

Interesting twist that the "Others'" leader is a woman. Didn't Not Henry Gale refer to the leader as a male, or did I just assume that leader = male, as I assumed that Rose's husband would be black?

It's neat that we are going to get some Alex development. She - and not just a few of the other Others - looked pretty unhappy.

I wonder what "the room" is? Walt wasn't too keen to return there.

YES!!! So cool to have Charlie back in Claire's good graces!

So, "caught in a net" means "had wild monkey sex," eh? Got it. That bonding moment between Sawyer and Jack was almost as good as the one last season when Sawyer told Jack he'd met his dad.

Poor Locke. He's lost his sense of purpose, and probably blames himself for AL and Libby's deaths. I think he is gonna go walkabout, now. Does he have a gun? Oh, wait, nevermind; he's got knives galore.
      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
        Micheal, I know you love Walt, but I'm disappointed in you. Oh, well, at least Sayid saw through him.
        Hey, kids make you do stupid things. That's all there is to it.

So why THOSE FOUR particularly? If we go on the supposition that the Others are part of some behavioral experiment run amok, and Mister Friendly is one of the people in on the experiment, it would stand to reason he wants to remove any variables from the experiment. Jack's the leader, and a known troublemakers. Kate knows that their appearance is largely an act. Sawyer's an unpredictable element and much trickier than he appears. All of them either know something or could potentially find out something that points to the illusionary nature of the Others' existence, so eliminating them is a good idea. But why Hurley? And, more to the point, why NOT Locke or Sayid? Surely they're more dangerous to the integrity of the experiment.
        Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
        I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
        What have these years left to me?
        Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Miss Clue isn't their leader i don't think.
          I'm still pretty sure Hanso or one of the people who created the Dharma Initiative are the "him."

But its nice we do know these dirty people are just pretending. And I too am curious whats behind their hatch.

and whats up with that rock formation over them? very weird.

and who's boat was that? I wonder if it was drawn to the island by the giant "magnet" (if thats true) cause we know its "on" because it was pulling at Ecko's necklace.

next week looks off the friggin hook. is it wednedsay yet? please?

Comment

I was kind of disappointed in this episode, though it was very well acted and well done. Besides the specific list of people, nothing was revealed about Micheal/Walt's situation that you couldn't deduce pretty easily from previous episodes. Yes, we knew Micheal was working for the Others. Yes, we knew Walt was "special" and that's probably why they wanted him. Yes, we knew that the rustic appearence of Zeke was a fake. Yes, we knew Alex was resisting her companions. Etc...

Comment

There's no reason to assume that Mrs Clue is the ultimate leader of this whole thing. Just probably higher up than we've seen before.
              "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Not only is Michael selling out his friends, at no point did the Others instruct him to kill Ana Lucia. So that was his choice, not the result of any brainwashing or whatever. He certainly could have figured out a way to release Henry without killing her, so it made me wonder what kind of man he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
                  There's no reason to assume that Mrs Clue is the ultimate leader of this whole thing. Just probably higher up than we've seen before.
                  True. She may be just the local tribesleader or something

I wonder what she meant about seeing Walt where he shouldn't be? She must be referring to Shannon and then Sayid seeing Walt, but I wonder if we might see a flashback where Micheal saw him, before the whole marooned on an island thing.

My hubby is now going with the theory that the Others are divided along philosophical lines, with one group trying to "save" the Losties from the machinations of the other group.
                  Gracie

Comment

It was an interesting episode, we got to see some of the "others" point of view but we know for a fact that they aren't what they seem since Mr. Friendly has a false beard. It seems their hatch goes into the side of a cliff? I wonder how large it is inside and if we will see inside.Seems that the Losties might have an ally in Alex.

I wonder what the others want with Walt. From the questions Ms. Clue was asking it seems like they want him for some pyschic abilities. From what Walt said, if he doesn't do what they want they punish him. I can't help but wonder if the others that are out on the village are just there for show? And then who were the others that Jin saw walking along dragging the bear? Are there two groups of others? Is one group in control of all the others or are the others with the bear part of an experiment too?

I also wonder why the others want, Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Hurely? I tend to agree with Thermonuclearboy that taking those 4 will disrupt the Losties a lot. Jack is the leader and everyone likes Hurley, so their loss would effect the Losties moral the most. Sawyer is the guy who can get things done, people come to him if they need something and Kate is a lose canon that if they just took Jack, would probably stop at nothing to get him back.

As to why they didn't want Locke or Eko, my theory is that both of them have seemingly accepted what the island wants them to do so the others are satisfied with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                      and who's boat was that? I wonder if it was drawn to the island by the giant "magnet" (if thats true) cause we know its "on" because it was pulling at Ecko's necklace.

next week looks off the friggin hook. is it wednedsay yet? please?
                      My money's on the sailboat being Desmond's. He was on a race around the world when he came to the island, and there's just no way that we're done seeing him. Now, whether Desmond is still in posession of the boat is another thing. Maybe the Others sailed it into view to offer Micheal a guarantee that they'd keep their side of the bargain. What a coincidence that the boat showed up only after Hurley agreed to go with Micheal, eh... or was it coincidence?

We didn't get a preview for next week on the CTV network. Anybody got a link?
                      Gracie

Comment

I thought it was a technically sound ep, but, I didn't really like it that much.

It was interesting to see the events while Michael was gone, but I think they could have devoted a whole ep to it, not doing a back and forth.

I wasn't really grabbed by any of the events and I really wonder how Sayid can be the only guy that suspected Michael of being shady. Even without knowing what we know, he's so obvious, it's painful.

High hopes for next week.
                        Thanks!
                        Jordan

my page
                        My LJ
                        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
                          As to why they didn't want Locke or Eko, my theory is that both of them have seemingly accepted what the island wants them to do so the others are satisfied with them?
                          But Locke is beginning to doubt it. Besides which, he was one of the expedition that first met Mister Friendly, so he could clearly be perceived as some kind of threat.

As to there being different tribes of Others, I suppose it's possible, but I have my doubts that any of them have our survivors' best interests at heart. We KNOW the primitive lifestyle is just an act, a cover for something else. And we know Mister Friendly and others are in on it, and trying to maintain the illusion for some purpose.

My theory? Each of the six stations was doing some different kind of research, with different subjects. The subjects were given a controlled situation in which to live, assigned tasks to perform and decisions to make, all of which was observed covertly. But then something happened - the Incident - and the observers lost control of the situations. The subjects, not realizing their situations were artificial, kept on going doing what they were supposed to be doing with no one to tell them otherwise. As things began breaking down, they began to resort to more and more desperate measures to continue performing their assigned tasks, never questioning why they were doing them or even suspecting there was no reason behind it.

Mister Friendly, Ms. Kleugh, and quite possibly Henry all seem to be in on the true nature of the Island, which leads me to believe that the experiment is still going on in some form. Maybe the Hanso Foundation decided to continue to observe the societies evolving after the Incident, and sent some researchers in disguise to infiltrate the Others.

That's what I think is going on, anyway.
                          Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                          I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                          What have these years left to me?
                          Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Good episode, it's nice to see the story FINALLY move. The middle of this season was very slow, and not much happened. Nice to see Sayid finally get some screen time again, and being involved with the events. He was silent for way too long, nice that someone saw through Michael's very clear lies. His flashbacks were interesting with stuff about the "others" but there was nothing about what happened to him that we didn't already know.

Comment

I really liked this ep. I was seriously hating on Michael for a while, but when I saw the scene with Walt I got it a little better; not that I excuse his actions. He killed Ana Lucia in cold blood, accidently shot Libby then left her there to die.

Did anyone else notice that both Michael and Charlie checked their watches?

I think that the boat belongs to the Others. Michael said he wanted the boat and who knows, maybe they have two or repaired Desmond's.

Can't wait for next week!!

"I will follow you to the ends of this world and into the next. I will not leave you."

Comment

Working...
                              X