No announcement yet.

Aversion (219)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this episode was really good but let me ask you this Alex is the two-part season finale be like Crusade and Camelot and will you guys be blowing stuff up in the finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
      I thought this episode was really good but let me ask you this Alex is the two-part season finale be like Crusade and Camelot and will you guys be blowing stuff up in the finale.
      Oh, we'll be blowing up looooots of stuff.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Well I read it. David and Sivea seemed oddly off character, and Toms change in personality was expected though, but it seemed a little extreme. I did like Lennys moment with the Rileen(sp?) however.

Loved the story, but like said, the pacing was rather odd, sometimes really fast and drawing in, others slow and not that interesting. It's a hard episode to comment on, but it's good for Vincents first episode.

PS: Ya know the pictures on the website for the episodes, try to keep em all the same sizes, it looks horrible when yave got all different sized ones.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Yeah, I've been working on that actually, but whenever I edit them in, say, Paint, in says that it must be in one of a few certain formats. So I usually make it a jpg file, and it says jpg works, yet it still refuses to work for me.

If there's a way to fix it, I could get right down to shrinking the ones such as 2.18, 2.14, 2.15, 2.16, etc.

and Toms change in personality was expected though, but it seemed a little extreme. I did like Lennys moment with the Rileen(sp?) however.
          Well, I think the fact that Tom's attitude throughout the episode is so overblown and extreme shows that, as he says, perhaps he's been feeling this way all along, just not revealing it. I think that at the end of the episode we get the idea that the normally cheery Tom is a bit... unstable, perhaps.
          Last edited by SierraGulf1; 14 May 2006, 06:14 AM.
          Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
          Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
          Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
          Stargate Destiny, Fan
          Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Yeah, that's definitely true. It seems extreme because he's been keeping all this to himself normally. And that's, I believe, very realistic. Too often you can tend to have characters displaying their feelings and emotions much too obviously on film and TV, when in real life - from my experiences - it's not always that way. Very often people tend to keep things to themselves, and they don't really make it too obvious how they really feel.

If you think this was drastic, you should have seen the first draft, and the original outline. I think I did mention that this was one of the toughest episodes we've ever done. It took a very, very long time to get the Tom aspect of the story straightened out to a point where it was working.

I don't really see where Sivea and David would have been out of character, EAG. Especially since they hardly appeared in the episode. I'm curious to see what scenes you're exactly referring to.
            Last edited by Alex Rubit; 14 May 2006, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Just the way they talk really, David really didnt seem like David.
              sigpic

Comment

Anyway, like I said, I'm going to write a review for this episode after I re-read it. I hardly remember it right now (I read it when I was nearly exhausted). Expect this to happen at some point around thursday or friday night.

Comment

I kinda have mix feeling for this ep, for some reason I kept thinking of Atlantis ep-Allies.

Though I have to admit that Tom's character was a bit extreme in that there was really no build up in previous ep (that I can recall) for him to act in such a manner at the end of the ep.

I personally didn't notice much different in other character's as others has mention as I was more focus on Lenori and Tom. Great character development between Tom and Lenori.

I found the Rileen character to be hot and cold in a sense that her dialogue and the portraying of the character did'nt blend smoothly. All in all not a bad read
                  sigpic

Comment

I re-read it and it amazes me how fast I can get through the oversized S2 episodes. Thank God for S3s 60 pages. I assume S4 will be similar lengths? Anywho, everything said before stands. Dodgy pacing in the last 2 acts, Tom seemed very extreme. But that all said, it did have some really good character moments - the last act with Tom when he lets it out - Lenny and the Enoly.

Not my favorite, but then S2 wasn't really.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                      I re-read it and it amazes me how fast I can get through the oversized S2 episodes. Thank God for S3s 60 pages. I assume S4 will be similar lengths?
                      The Season Two episodes aren't any longer than the Season Three episodes, they're just in a different format. If you took the episodes of Season Three, and reformated them to Season Two style, they'd be somewhere around 80 pages long. So the episodes were never any longer than a normal one hour episode. It's probably the reason it doesn't take you any longer to read them.

Oh yeah, there's no reason for the Season Four episodes to seem any longer or shorter, as we're sticking with the same screenwriting software that we started using with "...Shall We Not Revenge?"

Not my favorite, but then S2 wasn't really.
                      Hmmm. I thought you said a while ago Season Three wasn't your favorite.

Comment

Damnit. Don't confuse me. I mean, the ending of S2 wasn't one of my favorite arcs.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                          Damnit. Don't confuse me. I mean, the ending of S2 wasn't one of my favorite arcs.
                          That was the whole biosphere/Kih'andari thing right? It was actually my favorite arc thus far

But I guess everyone has different opinions. Just out of curiosity, what was your favorite?
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

For me, it was just the massive Star Wars similarities that made it very meh. Same went for the S7 opener. I think my favorite arc was the opening of S3.
                            sigpic

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents
                              I love Stargate episodes that pose moral problems. So naturally this episode was a enjoyable episode. On one hand we've got a means to destroy one of our enemys while on the other hand we will performing genocide and killing millions of innocent bystanders. What is right thing to do. It proves that there is no line between good and evil and there is a shade of gray. It also had made me really respect the Callen character. He weighed the pros and cons and never looked back on his decision. I think I would have supported him if he had choosen the oppisite because we realize the danger the Enloy have presented. I have been wondering why we haven't seen Tom's emotions about his Enloy experence. Obviously it was a tramuatic experence and I wanted to see more of the Tom's emotional tramua that he induced while being a a prisoner. David said it best when he said anger is a powerful emotion. You can use anger to fuel you or to consume you. In Tom's case, he used it consume himself and resorted to ultimate mean. Someone said David was out of character and I have to disagree. He is clearly a caring person who presents the image of a solder. But deep down he is a caring person who is concerned about his friend(Tom). This was a superb episode that deserves 4/5.
                              Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                              Oh, we'll be blowing up looooots of stuff.
                              Sweet. Can we blow up Zach Hoffman
                              Last edited by jelgate; 15 December 2007, 07:22 PM.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X