Clear All

Aversion (219)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Two
    "Aversion"

"Aversion"
    Ep: 2.19
    Release Date: May 11th 2006
    Written by Vincent Dedoyard

The discovery of a mysterious Enoly Female in stasis on an alien planet, brings back dark and painful memories for Tom. How far will his deep down desire for revenge go?
    Outstanding
    50.00%
    Good
    16.67%
    Fair
    16.67%
    Poor
    16.67%
    Terrible
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

The thread is now open for discussion. You can expect the episode to be released at the regular time.

Comment

Expect the unexpected...

Uh, there's no link on the site, and the episode doesn't seem to even be uploaded.

Comment

Hmmm, it appears it wasn't released around the regular time. Since I don't usually have much to do with episode releases, I'm not sure what's happened, but I'm sure it will be up soon.
        Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
        Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
        Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
        Stargate Destiny, Fan
        Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Still not up... odd.

Comment

still not up, what happening.

Comment

Readers: What Happen!!
              Holizon Staff: Somebody Set Up Us The Schedure Fairure!

Comment

Well, I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm sure once Alex returns home from work and comes online tonight he'll notice and fix the problem. On behalf of the staff, I do apologize for the delay, but it shouldn't be too much longer now.

Thanks for the patience.
                Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

Until the problem with the website is fixed, the episode can be downloaded here!

I too have to appologize for this. The way it works now is that I actually don't have anything directly to do with uploading the episodes, as I'm not home at the time they usually go up. I haven't heard from our webmaster yet, but I'm sure there was a perfectly good explanation for the delay.

But either way, the episode is now available on the temporary link. Hopefully it will be on the site soon as well.

Comment

Told ya.
                    Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

So I'm halfway through and i got admit this episode is cool.

Comment

Well... it was... okay. The first two acts were fabulous, but then the pace got bogged down in the third act. The fourth and fifth acts felt the same to me. This episode had the potential to make me absolutely love it, and on page 34, I said to myself how excellent it was, but by the end, I wasn't thrilled. The most annoying thing, though, was that the script told me how I was supposed to feel. If the scene is good enough, it'll carry itself, regardless of whether or not it's a PDF document, but the scenes at the end, while they had potential, just didn't make the cut. On reflection, I like it a bit more, but it all seemed to be one-big-samey-blur in the end.
                        Granted, some of the stuff was very good - the very very end, with Lenori and Tom, and of course, Callen being told that he was fixin' to be replaced because of those damn blood-sucking tics - I mean, er, politics.

Hm... It was great until it lost its pace, and then although it had its moments from then, it didn't live up to expectations.
                        Overall: **1/2

EDIT: It should be noted, though, that the story itself was extraordinarily sound, although I would have liked to find out more about those alien people.

Comment

I doubt we've seen the last of the creators of this Enoly virus.

On another note, you read this one pretty quickly. Always nice to see your comments, and your's as well, Sheppard. It was indeed a quiet a quiet episode, although the pacing didn't bother me too much when I read it. To each his own, eh?

Yeah, it seems whether you're in the deepest, darkest reeches of space, or right here at home on Earth, politics can be *******s. Callen bested them this time around, though.

I also liked the moments with Tom and Lenori. I think this experience will have changed their relationship for the future, with them being able to communicate on a more personal level. The fact that Tom spontaneously attacks Rileen and then just as quickly regrets his actions hints that perhaps his years in the Enoly Prison Camp were more harsh on him than we though at first.
                          Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

Indeed. I read quite quickly, to say the least. And for just that reason (combined with the factors of an extreme lack of sleep that's been accumulating over the last few days), I'm going to read the episode again before posting a review on SGU. I don't want my opinion of it to be different because of personal choices that may affect my judgement.

Comment

Well, it's not an action episode, and it doesn't have to be. Our show is about so much more than just blowing things up all the time.

I'm not sure what you mean by the script telling you how to feel, Ryu. The way I recall it, it just tells readers how the characters feel in those particular scenes. But if it does tell it to the reader, then that's perfectly fine from a screenwriting point of view. What I'm saying is, there's no rule against that. But it must have happened unintentionally, since I didn't notice it, and I read the episode just about three thousand times.

About those aliens who created the virus. I do hope that it at least comes across a little that this might just perhaps be... how should I say, a set up for... uh, something at a later point in the series.

We actually talked about that a long time ago, as early as the beginning of the season. Nothing's been decided yet, but as Mike said, I doubt we'd ever leave any plot threads hanging like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X