No announcement yet.

Death Knell (716)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, the Tok'ra are such a$$holes. I get the Jaffa reason for not staying at the Beta Site, but the Tok'ra are just being... Oh, I hate them so much. (except Jacob)

Comment

I could be extremely facetious at this point and say it's chagrin and envy 'cos we've bagged more System Lords than they have.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco View Post
        I thought AT did a great job portraying a person injured and on the run, trying to keep herself alive.

I like what they are doing with the Jaffa/Tok'ra/Human allience, I like the fact that not everything is solved by the one moment of unity in "Allegiance"

I also liked the twist that Jacob/Selmac's loyalties are being questioned by the Tok'ra, and he's not as 'in the know' as he should be.

I thought Death Knell was a good solid episode.
        Yeh, this was a pretty good episode. I like the Tok'ra/Jaffa/Human issues that have come up and felt pretty sorry for Selmak/Jacob for being left out. Poor Sam waking up to be told her Dad is going away. Hope he doesn't go away for too long!

AT did a great job in her scenes and it was good to see her all hurt and dirty since we don't often see it. It's also good that a weapon has finally been developed that can take the super soldiers down.

Also, the scene with Jack putting his arm around Sam was really sweet.
        "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
        S/J all the way!
        Big Honkin' Resolution!
        sigpic
        John/Teyla Shipper!
        SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Two_L's View Post
          AT did a great job in her scenes and it was good to see her all hurt and dirty since we don't often see it. It's also good that a weapon has finally been developed that can take the super soldiers down.

Also, the scene with Jack putting his arm around Sam was really sweet.
          Yes, Amanda really did a great job. You could really the desparation in her face and the pain she had.

A scene that was terrible to me is the one where we see Sam sitting next to a tree first and then the super soldier approaches a similar tree. When I first watched the episode I was frightened that something might happen to Sam.

Because of this interesting cuts and also the great story the episode is one of my favorites.

Comment

Yes - it's a neat scene, isn't it? All the time you are convinced that the Super-soldier is on the verge of discovering Sam as she sits and rests. Then, he steps out of cover and finds - someone else's body.

And we all sit back with a collective sigh of relief.

Even though, deep down, you just know he isn't going to find Sam at that moment, you still can't help getting all tense. Or at least I couldn't!

It's interesting to note that, at the beginning, there's some new tension starting to creep in between Sam and Jacob - when she discovers that he's given up coffee because it disagrees with Selmak. She says that he never mentioned it, and he hints that they never really talk any more.

I don't imagine that lasted any longer than the time taken by Jacob to get back to Sam once she returned to the SGC, though.
            sigpic

Comment

Planet_tv writes: “I would just like say that my favorite episode that you wrote and directed of SG-1 is Death Knell. Now here are my questions.
              . Where did you get the idea to stick yourself in the background of the Stargate episodes you direct?
              . What would say was your favorite episode to write of SG-1?”

PDL: 1) I got/stole the idea from Sir Alfred Hitchcock. He did cameos in many of his films.
              ) My favorite episode to write was Evolution Part 2. Specifically the character of Burke, a character from Jack’s past, played so well by Enrico Colantoni. When writing for the character I felt as though I was channeling the spirit of Burke… It was strange and wonderful!
              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...guest-blogger/
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Very good episode, back up to standard after a couple of below-par eps.

Comment

I love this episode. Definitely one of my all time favorite SG-1 episodes.

Comment

For a reason that's still unclear to me, this is my all-time favorite SG-1 episode.

I love Carter's journey to keep herself safe, and giving her team enough time to reach her and give her help.
                    I love how Teal'c knows he can't kill the warrior with his gun, but shoots at him anyway to distract him enough give Sam time to get away and seek cover.
                    I love the Jacob/Selmak not being trusted by the Tok'ra storyline.
                    I love the Carter/Jacob scene at the beginning where she realizes her dad gave up coffee for Selmak
                    I love Mark Gibbon (M'zel), Eric Breker (Reynolds), and Nels Lennarson (Major Green)
                    I love Sebastian Spence (Delek), even though he's a meanie (and annoying) Tok'ra here. I first saw him in a 2002 tv movie, First Shot, with Mariel Hemingway.
                    And I totally admire Dan Payne's role as the Kull warrior, and realizing what a chore it must have been for him to be in that role in the extreme heat - especially with Peter's comments of not giving Dan any kind of breathing tube when they covered him up with dirt.
                    Most of all - I love Amanda & Peter's dvd commentary for this episode - especially the 'farting looks' in the opening credits, and the ending comment of AT's doe eyes.
                    The only thing missing that would make this one perfect, for me, would be a Janet Fraiser appearance.

ETA:
                    I was just watching this episode on SyFy, and was wondering what the heck they just did with the editing.
                    After Carter fires the missle at the Super Soldier and she goes to sit down by the pile of sand he's buried under, they showed the soldier's hand come up right in front of the camera and her shocked face in the background. Then they went to commercial. I don't remember ever seeing the part where his hand comes up like that. Normally, it's just the Super Soldier coming up out of the pile of sand.

That was weird.
                    Last edited by KayLyne; 11 March 2010, 02:57 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good episode. So sad about Selmak/Jacob being out of the loop.
                      sigpic

Comment

the tok'ra's actions are understandable. the tau'ri did not ever experience being cut down to only hundreds-thousands of individuals with zero population growth. this leaves the tok'ra with only one option, to fight in the way they do and conceal themselves to avoid being completely exterminated. clearly the jaffa have even a harder time comprehending this with their universal proud warrior race mindset. ironically the two would make a near perfect team if they would attempt to understand each other
                        Last edited by asdf1239; 04 April 2010, 02:39 AM.
                        R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Good ep, loved Sam's tense journey with the Kull warrior chasing her. It does bother me a bit that the Kull armor wouldn't look out of place in Star Wars. That's how Darth Vader should've looked like!
                          sigpic

Comment

It has me nearly in tears every time I watch this show.
                            But it's clear, at least by one measure, Stargate Universe is going out with a social supersonic boom.

Comment

Indeed a good episode.
                              Now the plot-arcs are beginning to pay of in earnest. When do you think they started to write the eps with a little more eye towards arc? The early seasons are very much Goua'old of the week, but later they get more and more complex.
                              I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
                              -Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City part 1.

Comment

Originally posted by xathras View Post
                                The problem I have with the SS is that it is so obvious that the accuracy of their aim is directly proportional to the needs of the plot. See the scene where SS can't hit Sam from across the stream when she is standing still (getting a drink from the river), but a short while later can shoot down the UAV (further away and moving).
                                Well put. I couldn't get past this. Also wondering, is it allergic to water? It can't wade across a tiny little stream?

Comment

Working...
                                X