No announcement yet.

Death Knell (716)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no they left that in with the other women!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
      no they left that in with the other women!
      lol that obviouly happpened when I looked away then. I did have my back turned for a quite a while. I can't think of anything else that might have been cut then.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

No, i didn't see that either. DAMN YOU T4!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode--everything from the "Oh crap, he's sneaking up on her!" to the moment at the end where she puts her head on Jack's shoulder. At first I was like, "WHOA, get that shippy stuff out of there!" But then I realized (Sci-fi Friday has majorly messed up my sense of order) that it's right after the ep where she hooks up with Pete, so it's more of the kind of thing between Jack and Daniel in Need. I love moments of weakness; it makes the characters so much more human, like Jack with Daniel when he's being tortured, Daniel with Sha're, or Teal'c in his dealings with Ryac. And this is the best such moment for Sam since Divide and Conquer, IMO.

Comment

I'm guessing you're not a shipper.
            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

You would be correct.

I'm still holding out for Fifth, in an alternate reality where she actually set 5 minutes on the time-thing. Or else she stays behind with him, and they live out thousands of real-time lifetimes together.
              So our Sam somehow gets to meet THAT alternate reality self, and realizes what she missed in that sweet formerly-innocent Replicator.

Hehe...
              Last edited by yasureubetcha; 28 February 2005, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Death Knell

The first time we get to see Carter avoiding the SuperSoldier.
                There is no dialogue - the expressions on ATs face simply *make* these scenes.
                The relief on her face as he walks away is superbly acted.

AT portrayed the wounded and exhausted soldier perfectly.

Just getting a drink of water is dangerous!

Signalling the UAV.

MacGyvering the UAV's weapons into something she can use against the SuperSoldier.
                This scene displayed Carter's technical expertise under pressure.

For me, this is one of the best AT acting scenes in the entire episode. She looks exhausted... there is no exhultation and no arrogance at having (apparently) nuetralized a SuperSoldier... AT portrays the battle-weary soldier superbly.

Love the part where she flips the weapon's special matrix crystal at Jack before he finishes asking for it. Of course, I have to be honest, I would have preferred for Jack to hand the weapon to Carter - then she snapped the crystal in and then she fired it at the SuperSoldier... I know she was exhausted, but if the episode had had Jack chased all over the planet by the SuperSoldier, Jack would have been the one written to fire the final 'kill shots' that took it down permanently.

Is it...(dead)? More excellent acting by AT here.

-----------------

The scenes with Jacob were wonderful!

I love the scenes with Sam and her Dad... Jacob is cranky and when Sam asks if he's had his coffee... he admits that Selmak doesn't like coffee...

Jacob: (Crankily) Where's the matrix crystal?
                Sam: Next to the primaries.
                Jacob: I can't find anything in here, I had a system back at the old Alpha site.
                Sam: The location of the old Alpha site was compromised when Anubis used his mind probe on Jonas. You didn't really wanna' hang around there did you?
                Jacob: I just want to be able to work as efficiently as possible. Anubis' drones are kicking the crap out of the System Lords and we're next. This prototype should have been done weeks ago.

Sam: It's done, it's just not finished.
                Jacob: Interesting distinction.
                Sam: We only got Telchak's device a month ago, I'm surprised we were able to come up with something so quickly.
                Jacob: In its current configuration, the weapon is only 70% effective at countering the reanimation technology.
                Sam: The power unit you were using hasn't been properly calibrated, this one will be better.
                Jacob: Maybe.
                Sam: Have you not had your coffee this morning?
                Jacob: Selmak doesn't like coffee.
                Sam: You gave up coffee for your symbiote? I didn't know that.

---------------

Infirmary -Sam wakes up to find Jacob sitting there.

Jacob: Howdy kid. You were asleep for a long time. You gave me quite a scare.
                Sam: I'm sorry.
                Jacob: Jack told me what happened. I'm proud of you. Look Sam, I may not be able to come around as much for the next little while.
                Sam: What do you mean?
                Jacob: Things kind of got screwed up while you were out there. The alliance is in trouble.
                Sam: I don't understand.
                Jacob: You don't need to know the details right now. Let’s just say we're going our separate ways for a while. If I stay with the Tokra, I can at least try to mend some fences.
                Sam: You sure?

Jacob: I'm not ready to give up on this just yet.
                He kisses her.
                Jacob: Don't worry, I'll be back eventually.
                Sam: I'll miss you.
                Jacob: I'll miss you too. Bye.
                ------------------
                I highly recommend the following Jacob-Sam online music video montage:

>>> 'In My Daughter's Eyes'
                http://www.creative-insanity.net/voi...s/daughter.wmv
                From the website: http://www.creative-insanity.net/voi...rgatevids.html

The video is superbly crafted and wonderful to watch and enjoy.
                (It makes me cry! )

Photos are screen captures from the episode Death Knell
                Transcript excerpts are from the Stargate SG-1 Transcript website

Comment

I felt that this was another nice episode of the season. it was great to see Carter get really dirty and beat up, normally thats reserved for the guys or something but this was great. i really liked the ending of it, i thought it was sweet.

Comment

Great Episode, it just shows how vunerable we are to attack!!!!!!!!

Comment

I liked the episode. Good seeing Jacob/Selmak again, don't know why someone doesn't like him. It was too bad about the aliiance coming apart. It seems the personal issues of the Jaffa, Tok'Ra and Tau'ri are interfering in the bigger picture, just like the 3 countries on the Kelownan planet.

Comment

This episode was the best Standalone Sam Episode in a while. The peices all fit together making it so great.
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

This is my first time posting on this site. I am new to SG1 just got all the seasons and started watching them. Was not easy to get on television for me. I really liked this episodes it was one of my favorites. Sure it had some issues but I was entertained from start to finish. Love AT acting in this one and wished they had developed the show a little more. Look forward to seeing things continue in such a great movement forward.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer
                            This is my first time posting on this site. I am new to SG1 just got all the seasons and started watching them. Was not easy to get on television for me. I really liked this episodes it was one of my favorites. Sure it had some issues but I was entertained from start to finish. Love AT acting in this one and wished they had developed the show a little more. Look forward to seeing things continue in such a great movement forward.
                            Welcome to Gateworld! I'm kind of a newbie too...I completely agree. Sam showed why she's one of the best in this episode. She used her intelligence, military training and no doubt some tactics picked up from Jack as she was trying to evade the Super Soldier. Using the UAV to try to destroy it-Awesome!

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
                            My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
                            My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
                            My Stargate Videos
                            It's meant to be!

Comment

Predator, reminded me of that.

Run Carter, run Carter, run, run, run
                              Here comes the Kull Warrior ith his gun, gun, gun.
                              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

i thought the storyline in this ep was really good, and AT was was great. i liked when sam puts her head on jacks shoulders, but then again i like the jack and sam ship. i liked the uav part too.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Working...
                                X