No announcement yet.

Death Knell (716)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched this last night. I felt so bad for Carter and Jacob. Their last conversation before they were separated on the alpha site was not a pretty one, and they both seemed so lost after that. The alliance falling apart and Jacob leaving her is the last thing Carter needs to hear in the end after narrowly escaping death, and I thought she was going to start crying. Just depressing.

That said, I still liked the ep. Amanda and Carmen were great, and I enjoyed seeing Sebastian Spence as Delek.
    rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

The episode of which I am wholy incapable of pronouncing the title right - is the K silent or not?
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        The episode of which I am wholy incapable of pronouncing the title right - is the K silent or not?
        Nel
        rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
          Nel
          Death (K)nell -- anyone remember that movie with Jodie Foster and Liam Neeson, called Nell ... cause I have a vision of a horror version now.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            IMO its silent, like in not (Knot).

Comment

K followed by n at the beginning of a word is mute,
              Exciting, Carter fighting for survival, no alliance, explosions and a very, very bad guy.

Rescue arrives in time - nice last scene with O'Neill giving Carter a fatherly hug - so sweet!
              Great ep.
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                K followed by n at the beginning of a word is mute...
                Your point?

Comment

No question about pronunciation.
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                    No question about pronunciation.
                    Oh...

Comment

Is there somebody else who finds strange that Bra'tac (the second most important Jaffa) was missing in this episode completely? We are dealing about the next existence of this important alliance and there is only a random Jaffa who was never seen before (although I like M'zel quite). If Teal'c was not available, should not Bra'tac be there at least?

Comment

Originally posted by Manche View Post
                        Is there somebody else who finds strange that Bra'tac (the second most important Jaffa) was missing in this episode completely? We are dealing about the next existence of this important alliance and there is only a random Jaffa who was never seen before (although I like M'zel quite). If Teal'c was not available, should not Bra'tac be there at least?
                        agree, Bra'tac should have been there, maybe the actor was not available. I liked the actor/character that was representing the jaffa, he had presence and spoke very good. I also would have preferred the other Tok'ra, Malek. He really made an impression and his evolution, from tok'ra arrogant to someone trustworthy, was coming along pretty good. Alliance and the cure were pretty good episode. The cure really had a nice ending, love that music at the end. Maybe the actor Malek was too expensive, he has a higher profile than the one who represented the tok'ra on death Knell.

I think the writers missed an opportunity with jacob not being trusted by the tok'ra anymore. i would have loved to see more development on that. Make a story about it and show more on how the tok'ra society/people/organization lives/works. It was and should have been a big deal the fact that selmak one their leaders was no longer trusted. And really the reason for Selmak to lose trust was stupid, "You humans dont at like slaves, you are too confident and HARD TO CONTROL", oh really, mr goauld.

Comment

I haven't seen this episode for ages, but I haven't missed too much honestly. The A plot with Carter was a bit boooring. She bleeds a lot then the kull warrior finds a corpse in the woods. That scene was a bit stupid an unnecessary drama for the viewers.

The B plot with the Jaffa vs. Earth vs. Tok'ra then even Tok'Ra vs. Tok'Ra were more important.

By the way I discovered a couple of mistakes by myself. Ta-dam. The gate was horizontal and the kawoosh opened vertically. When they showed the active wormhole then technically that was the back part of the event horizont, so it should have been transparent not like the glowing front side :
                          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ite-new/04.jpg

The MALP has also magically disappeared which was sent at first:
                          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ite-new/05.jpg
                          But we could explain that they dialed the planet again, so the forming kawoosh desintegrated it.

Then they use a ladder to climb out from the hole during a rescue mission (!) :
                          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ite-new/06.jpg
                          While the ladder was definately next to the team when they have arrived:
                          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ite-new/05.jpg

They have also talked an al'kesh bombarding in the story, but that ship was never showed and it has disappeared. Why would they leave the kulls behind if they haven't arrived through the stargate in the first place?
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I'm a bit torn on this episode. On the one hand, I really enjoyed it and on the other it felt like it missed something, an edge perhaps.

The thing is, SG-1 PTB weren't in the habit of killing main characters (Janet doesn't count here as she's hardly there in season 7 before they axe her an episode from now) so the problem is that Carter was never in any real danger. She wasn't going to get killed by the Kull warrior (still think the armor is fantastic bit of costuming) so in that regard it fell short.

However, again everyone is actively involved in the episode, doing something either at the SGC or at the alpha site (or even the beta site even though we never see any of that on screen). And that's plenty, I guess, cause sometimes that's left much to be desired when characters are forgotten, or added as an afterthought.

The photography on this episode, by the way, is brilliant. Great framing of scenes, though as Platschu mentioned above, the scene where Carter takes a break and the Kull warrior finding that dead soldier, that needed some extra attention. Otherwise, all is good.

How would you rate SG-1's "Death Knell"?

Excellent

Good
                            Fair
                            Poor
                            Terrible

--------------EDIT---------------

3-episode quiz: Chimera, Death Knell & Heroes I

Jigsaw puzzle: Death Knell
                            Last edited by Falcon Horus; 14 August 2019, 08:47 AM. Reason: Adding quiz & jigsaw

Comment

13:27
                              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I quite like this episode. FH has a point on knowing that Sam wouldn't die but o tend to ignore these things its common for TV. Its nothing grand. Its just fun watching the Kul warrior chase Sam matter how creative she gets. If their is a compliant, this episode makes the Kul warriors weaker than the Jaffa. I also think we tend to forget that this episode is about trust. Its the mistrust between the Tokra and Jaffa that lead to the attack
                                7:19
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X