Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Death Knell (716)

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

>-- Czechs Rock! >--

Loved this episode. Amanda did a great job as someone who was running for their life. The scene where she is leaning against the tree as the super soldier approaches threw me as I thought she was gonna bite the dust until you see the person the super soldier is approaching is someone else.

At the end after she fires the rocket, and that soldier gets back up, you can see Sam visibly give up and that was haunting to think she had decided to resign herself to her fate. Then Teal'c and O'Neill show up! Loved the ending where Jack just puts his arm around her and then the camera pulls away.

This a pretty good episode. It showcases the military resourcessfulness Sam has while trying to outrun a super soilder. I never really saw her the greatest in that capacity. It always seemed more of Jack's thing to have a military mind. But still it was interesting to see her fight like that. A big compliant is how easy we got a technology to fight off the super soliders. It happened too soon and too fast. The Jaffa and Tok'ra fighting is nothing new and I am glad that it was followed up on. Kind of sad to see everyone going thier separate but that happening was obvious. I am also disappointed we never truly found out where the leak was from
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Uncertain Re: Death Knell (716)

Where did the MALP disappear to when SG-1 gated in to the alpha site? It was in the foxhole just moments before...

Major

The kawoosh got it.

Seaboe

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    The kawoosh got it.

Seaboe
    Ahh. Makes sense.

This ep was creepy, and Amanda did a great job...

Didn't really like this one. The warrior with his super bad aim against targets a few feet away but able to shoot down flying drones ruin it for me. If you don't want the main characters to get hit then don't put them in these situations. The show is starting to get boring knowing there is no real danger. Might be one of the reasons I stopped watching the show the first time.

Breaking up the alliance was kind of dumb. Everyone had some valid concerns but there was nothing that couldn't be worked out. Tokra can't replenish there numbers so we keep them off of the front lines and use them mainly for science and tech support. Jaffa feel like they aren't free give them a base, home, world to do whatever they want. When it is time to fight send some guys over and rock and roll. Their problems were so small in the face of pending doom.

Horrible writing, horrible plot, horrible warrior. This is second episode so far where I didn't like anything about the episode.

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

This episode is Carter whump galore, and we get the family discount too. Kick-ass Carter trying to blow Kull warrior (Dan Payne rocks it good!) to kingdom come, and it almost works. That scene where he rises from the sand is just awesome. Carter's so frakked in that moment.

Other Carter is out cold under half a tree but I'm sure he got his kicks in too.

And the alliance between the Tok'ra, the Jaffa and the Tauri is now officially kaput! Well, it's not entirely dead but they do go each their separate ways. I do agree with the Jaffa that they need to find their place again, he does have a good point. The Tok'ra are just arrogant little weasels who haven't changed a bit since we first met them.

Anyhow, lots of explosions in this one... lots of whump which I lurve! And then some. Not bad.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Staff Sergeant

Apart from the alliance plot this was a weak ep. But then, I generally do not like eps. that focus on Carter.
    Looking back, season 7 might well be the one with the most disliked eps.
    Thank God for "Heroes".

Watched this last night. I felt so bad for Carter and Jacob. Their last conversation before they were separated on the alpha site was not a pretty one, and they both seemed so lost after that. The alliance falling apart and Jacob leaving her is the last thing Carter needs to hear in the end after narrowly escaping death, and I thought she was going to start crying. Just depressing.

That said, I still liked the ep. Amanda and Carmen were great, and I enjoyed seeing Sebastian Spence as Delek.
    rest easy now

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

The episode of which I am wholy incapable of pronouncing the title right - is the K silent or not?
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    The episode of which I am wholy incapable of pronouncing the title right - is the K silent or not?
    Nel
    rest easy now

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Quote Originally Posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
    Nel
    Death (K)nell -- anyone remember that movie with Jodie Foster and Liam Neeson, called Nell ... cause I have a vision of a horror version now.

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    IMO its silent, like in not (Knot).

K followed by n at the beginning of a word is mute,
    Exciting, Carter fighting for survival, no alliance, explosions and a very, very bad guy.

Rescue arrives in time - nice last scene with O'Neill giving Carter a fatherly hug - so sweet!
    Great ep.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    K followed by n at the beginning of a word is mute...
    Your point?

No question about pronunciation.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    No question about pronunciation.
    Oh...

Staff Sergeant

Is there somebody else who finds strange that Bra'tac (the second most important Jaffa) was missing in this episode completely? We are dealing about the next existence of this important alliance and there is only a random Jaffa who was never seen before (although I like M'zel quite). If Teal'c was not available, should not Bra'tac be there at least?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast