• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death Knell (716)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON SEVEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 716

Earth's secret offworld base is attacked by Anubis' forces, and Major Carter finds herself being hunted by the enemy. General Hammond and Jacob Carter's investigation into the incident leads to an unnerving discovery about the Earth-Tok'ra alliance.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 10:39 PM.

I thought AT did a great job portraying a person injured and on the run, trying to keep herself alive.

However the Super Soldiers are not so "Super" considering they can't even get close to hitting their targets. They look cool, but they just aren't threatening IMO.

I like what they are doing with the Jaffa/Tok'ra/Human allience, I like the fact that not everything is solved by the one moment of unity in "Allegiance"

I also liked the twist that Jacob/Selmac's loyalties are being questioned by the Tok'ra, and he's not as 'in the know' as he should be.

I thought Death Knell was a good solid episode.
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
      I also liked the twist that Jacob/Selmac's loyalties are being questioned by the Tok'ra, and he's not as 'in the know' as he should be.
      Yes, that puts a different slant on things. Even though Selmac is the oldest and wisest of the Tok'ra, is it possible for the host to have that much influence? It seems to me, in a truly symbiotic relationship, neither would be able to control the other. If anything, it would be the symbiote that could get the upper hand.
      Nola
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
        However the Super Soldiers are not so "Super" considering they can't even get close to hitting their targets. They look cool, but they just aren't threatening IMO.
        The problem I have with the SS is that it is so obvious that the accuracy of their aim is directly proportional to the needs of the plot. See the scene where SS can't hit Sam from across the stream when she is standing still (getting a drink from the river), but a short while later can shoot down the UAV (further away and moving).

Comment

Yes, that's a very good point.

I wish the SS had hit Sam while she was drinking at the stream, even if it was just in the arm.

And what was with it NOT crossing that stream and chasing after her? Will it short out if it gets wet?
          ~BCM =)

Comment

it can't get its codpiece of doom wet, it'll shrink
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xathras
              The problem I have with the SS is that it is so obvious that the accuracy of their aim is directly proportional to the needs of the plot. See the scene where SS can't hit Sam from across the stream when she is standing still (getting a drink from the river), but a short while later can shoot down the UAV (further away and moving).
              The same can be said off almost any Cannon fodder in any action programme. Any minor character can be offed easily but main characters have character sheilds and are much harder to kill.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                Any minor character can be offed easily but main characters have character sheilds and are much harder to kill.
                That's fine, and I understand that, but if I don't feel the main character has anything to worry about from the baddies then the show losses some of its tension. AT did a wonderful job, but since I didn't find the SS scary I wasn't "worried" for her safety.
                ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  it can't get its codpiece of doom wet, it'll shrink
                  I gotta say if I were the guy in the black plastic suit, in the middle of summer, in full sun, I'd be jumping in that stream shrinkage or no.

Comment

Personally, I love this episode. I've just got it on DVD today, can't wait to watch it.

Lots of Sam angst, and the little scene between Sam and Jack is nice!!

High point of the series, certainly. Well done Amanda!!
                    ------
                    Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

One would also think that Anubis would have given his Kull warriors some Thermal vision.

Comment

Forget Thermal vision I would have taken target practice!!
                        ~BCM =)

Comment

i did love the scene where AT is resting against a tree and the SS is approaching. i totally knew what was going on, but i still think it was directed very well.

and i hear in season 8 they're introducing newer, better, waterproof codpieces, so no longer will those pesky streams pose a problem.

he should have hit her in the arm though.

i very much enjoyed this episode. and even with hardly any dialogue, AT was amazing as always.

Comment

In the scene where Carter is drinking from the stream and the Super Soldier shoots at her from the other side, she jumps over a log and it gets hit by several blasts from the Kull weapon and it doesn't damage it at all. The Air Force should cover the Prometheus with that bark...it might be even better than Asgard shields.
                            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Yah i noticed that too... Haha, how funny. The Kull Warrior has like so many chances to shoot Sam, but we all know that wouldn't be good!
                              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                              X