Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Death Knell (716)

The Jaffa/Tok'ra/Taur'i alliance has to be address in s8.
    Last edited by Selmak; July 15th, 2004 at 08:35 PM.

I don't like how the High Consul didn't inform Jake.

I was just rewatching Death Knell on DVD today and I noticed something very strange and something that is weird.

Carter has been trapped here and has been through loads of dirt and is extremely dirty on her face, clothes, hair and basically her entire body. Yet, her SGC badge on the shoulder is perfectly clean, and it's white so I doubt it would stay clean at the very least. Just being a bit nit-picky!

I got really tired of the Jaffa and the Tok'Ra acting like children, with the younger people of the Tau'ri having to act as mediator.

They both need to swallow their pride (and in some cases their tongues) and move on!

Quote Originally Posted by aschen
    I got really tired of the Jaffa and the Tok'Ra acting like children, with the younger people of the Tau'ri having to act as mediator.

They both need to swallow their pride (and in some cases their tongues) and move on!

True, they do babble a lot and ultimately, it leaves them in a difficult position at the end of the episode. Yet, their alliance is pretty screwed, it couldn't have turned out any other way. Everyone has their different paths and futures, and we have ours as much as anyone else has theirs!

Airman

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    Everyone has their different paths and futures, and we have ours as much as anyone else has theirs!
    Awww, thats so deep and spiritual

I agree though, their (bad) history dates back to over 1000 yrs and we've been involved for like less than 10 yrs. In light of that we can't judge them for poor relations because I think the short time the alliance lasted was pretty good considering how long they've been enemies. Maybe in 50 yrs time they can patch it up (50yrs being converted to 1-2yrs of TV time).

Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    Awww, thats so deep and spiritual

I agree though, their (bad) history dates back to over 1000 yrs and we've been involved for like less than 10 yrs. In light of that we can't judge them for poor relations because I think the short time the alliance lasted was pretty good considering how long they've been enemies. Maybe in 50 yrs time they can patch it up (50yrs being converted to 1-2yrs of TV time).

HEHEHE!!! lol Luvlee thoughts!

Their history does go back far but they have accomplished more with the alliance and in the episode they say something like they've accomplished more together than in the past few hundred years, yet at a price that cannot be paid.

Default Re: What was that log made of?

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tyler
    In the scene where Carter is drinking from the stream and the Super Soldier shoots at her from the other side, she jumps over a log and it gets hit by several blasts from the Kull weapon and it doesn't damage it at all. The Air Force should cover the Prometheus with that bark...it might be even better than Asgard shields.
    I think they should try covering it with Kull armour. That stuff can withstand anything, bullets, zats, staff weapons, C4, missiles.

I must admit, the shooting ability of the Kull warrior kind of bugged me, too. They can hit anything or anybody they aim at, until they point at some-one important, then it goes all squiffy. SC should have got a flesh wound, at least.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29235&d=1297874202

Default Re: What was that log made of?

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBee
    I think they should try covering it with Kull armour. That stuff can withstand anything, bullets, zats, staff weapons, C4, missiles.

I must admit, the shooting ability of the Kull warrior kind of bugged me, too. They can hit anything or anybody they aim at, until they point at some-one important, then it goes all squiffy. SC should have got a flesh wound, at least.

I agree. The Promethus could certainly do with something like Kull shields. Their ship would be invincible, well almost.

Their aiming is pretty pathetic. I said this earleir, Sam should have at least one wound from the warrior.

Stop saying, I agree, bla bla bla. Lol, why would they put the kull armour on Prometheus? Yea the armour can stand gun fire, but the shooting of a mother ship? I don’t think so, and Prometheus won’t be getting many people shooting machine guns at it lol.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Quote Originally Posted by Replicarter
    Stop saying, I agree, bla bla bla. Lol, why would they put the kull armour on Prometheus? Yea the armour can stand gun fire, but the shooting of a mother ship? I don’t think so, and Prometheus won’t be getting many people shooting machine guns at it lol.

Yeah, I agree! lol But a mothership weapons are simular to a staff weapon except much more powerful!

Yes, exactly, much more powerful, the shields they have know are very powerful, they withstood Anubis’ battle barge, so all they need to a bigger power source, and secondary shields.

The shields Promethus used in Lost City used were pretty rubbish, considering they're Asgard technology. I remember them saying that the shields were failing which doesn't proove that they're good quality.

I know that Anubis's ship had Ancient enhancements but the general weapons didn't look like they were much different to a standard mothership.

They probably were, but because of the ancient modification they were probably really really powerful.

I'm not sure if those may have been modded because they didn't seem much different. They seemed like normal blasts and they hit like normal. Perhaps they were enhanced because I rememebr at the end of season five when Anubis flew away from Thor's powerful ship with better weapons and shields, he left. The Ancient enhancements may have done some good.

Lieutenant Colonel Blue Banrigh's Avatar

I think it's a good thing that they all decided to get their own base. Autonomy is important, esp for the Jaffa. It's not like the alliance is over, they just need some space.

I wonder which Tok'ra supports Jacob/Selmak. I betcha one of them is Malek.

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Death Knell (716)

Poor Carter. She went through all that (spoiler; highlight to read) and woke up to find that the alliances are crumbling. They aren't quite to the point of breaking apart, but things are definitely going downhill.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

This was a good action epsiode. Poor Sam. I wished there was a bit more of the Sam and Jacob scene at the end. Amanda and Carmen do great scenes togther.

Watch the director's cut after the episode. LOL!

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Death Knell (716)

Could you please just say? I'm not gonna get the DVD's anytime soon. Like say, for another thirty years.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Quote Originally Posted by bcmilco
    I thought AT did a great job portraying a person injured and on the run, trying to keep herself alive.

However the Super Soldiers are not so "Super" considering they can't even get close to hitting their targets. They look cool, but they just aren't threatening IMO.

I like what they are doing with the Jaffa/Tok'ra/Human allience, I like the fact that not everything is solved by the one moment of unity in "Allegiance"

I also liked the twist that Jacob/Selmac's loyalties are being questioned by the Tok'ra, and he's not as 'in the know' as he should be.

I thought Death Knell was a good solid episode.

Yeah it was a really good ep

i loved the last scene with sam and Jacob i though that was really well done .
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/moorgl...mer3banner.jpg
    Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast