Smallville: Season Five DVD Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallville: Season Five DVD Thread

Amazon.co.uk have posted the release date for the UK Season Five DVD boxset.

The release date for the UK is the August 28, 2006 with a price of £42.57

Amazon.co.uk

Sendit.com

No News on an American Release Date - but it is most likely to be before the UK Date.

Too expensive for a DVD boxset in general.
    I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Cover-art is now available

The US have a release date of the 12th September 2006

Comment

That cover art looks cool. I personally like it. However, it should be in Slim Box Set (Like the SGA Season 1 DVD Box Set
        sigpic

Comment

I think it should be the way it is the same as the other Smallville boxsets. Also It should have a picture oi Brainiac on the cover since he rules !!!!
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

DVD Extras are annouced - not much detail at the moment but more soon.

Audio Commentaries on two episodes
            Smallville’s 100th episode: The Making of a Milestone featurette
            Deleted Scenes
            Vengeance Chronicles Webisode Gallery.

Comment

neeeeds more features
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                DVD Extras are annouced - not much detail at the moment but more soon.

Audio Commentaries on two episodes
                I hope the commentaries are for Arrival and Reckoning, and I hope Tom Welling does at least one of them
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                  That cover art looks cool. I personally like it. However, it should be in Slim Box Set (Like the SGA Season 1 DVD Box Set
                  I too like the cover art, it's very appropriate for the season. The Smallville DVD sets are small, not as small as the new slimlines, but that's fine with me.
                  z

Comment

The Cover-art background colour has been changed to blue

Comment

I like the blue better.
                      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
                        I like the blue better.
                        Agreed, it does look better.
                        sigpic

Comment

KryptonSite have posted the back cover-art for the Season Five DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                            KryptonSite have posted the back cover-art for the Season Five DVD.

http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/2...ckcover7yu.jpg
                            Cool, thanks for the update, Warrior
                            sigpic

Comment

Annoucement from R2 Projects

Welcome students to Central Kansas University where looks can be deceiving, love can be tragic and the mystery of the Man of Steel unfolds.

The ‘off the wall’ reinterpretation of Superman mythology and its classic characters continues on the 28th August 2006 when Warner Home Video presents the critically acclaimed, fan-requested SMALLVILLE: The Complete Fifth Season on DVD, featuring a collectable 6-disc set with all 22 thrilling episodes!

Witness the miracles, fantasy and drama of Smallville, featuring a supreme cast including Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, Annette O’Toole, John Schneider, John Glover and Erica Durance.

Smallville: The Complete Fifth Season is great entertainment for both die-hard fans and new fans of the series, with illuminating bonus features including the featurette ‘Smallville’s 100th Episode: Making of a Milestone’, unaired scenes, a Vengeance Chronicles Webisode Gallery and much, much more!

Fourteen years ago, a meteor shower burst from the heavens, raining destruction on the unsuspecting citizens of Smallville, Kansas. The intervening years have left the town’s inhabitants with scars and secrets. In Season Five, Clark Kent (Tom Welling) finally begins to accept his destiny and takes giant leaps towards becoming the Man of Steel. This Season features Superman ‘in training’. Viewers will be enthralled experiencing Clark’s struggle alongside him every step of the way.

During this exciting pivotal season: Clark faces rogue Kryptonians and Lex Luthor (today Kansas, tomorrow the world) launches a vicious political campaign. The Fortress of Solitude rises. Clark’s love for Lara Lang deepens and he and Lois Lane remain friendly adversaries. AC (aka Aquaman) resurfaces. A spaceship mystery unfolds. A dark tragedy,one even Clark’s powers can’t prevent-strikes. These and more key elements of Superman lore fall into place. Don’t miss out on this must-have DVD!

Packed with all the Smallville action and much much more, the latest box set is wonderful counterpart to the adult adventures of Superman and the perfect way to indulge yourself and others! Smallville: The Complete Fifth Season will be flying off shelves when it is released to own for the first time on DVD.

The name Clark Kent is recognizable to generations of fans, but never before has there been an interpretation of the Superman legend quite like Smallville. Growing up in Smallville, Kansas, Clark Kent (Tom Welling) is a teenager who is slowly discovering his destiny as the champion of justice who will one day be known the world over as Superman. Someday, he’ll master his powers and true calling, but for now he just has to get through adolescence. With realistic portrayals and state-of-the-art special effects reinterpreting the Superman mythology from its roots, Smallville was written and developed by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar, based on the DC Comics characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. Smallville is produced by Tollin/Robbins Productions and Warner Bros. Television Production Inc.

PRODUCT DETAILS

Title SMALLVILLE: The Complete Fifth Season
                              Format DVD Retail Box Set
                              Release Date 28th August 2006
                              DVD RDP £38.19 RDP
                              Certificate 15
                              Aspect Ratio TBC
                              Audio Track TBC
                              Running Time 1012 mins

Special Features

* Smallville’s 100th Episode: the Making of a Milestone
                              * Commentary on two episodes
                              * Unaired Scenes
                              * Vengeance Chronicles Webisode Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X