Chimera (715)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    FH, can I assume you mean you think Pete was badly written, or are you referring to Teal'c as badly written?
    Sam and Teal'c, but any character which lacked in the writing department really (like for example Teyla and Ronon -- and basically anyone that wasn't Rodney McKay in Atlantis).

As far as Pete goes -- he was a wee bit creepy at best. However, I think SG1 established Carter liking the bad boys if her crazy fiancé was any indication in the first season. Notwithstanding her curse of course. They always got what they had coming.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

i liked the episode, especially seeing Sarah saved, and I liked the use of the dream sequences, but also how Daniel slowly begins to realize he's being manipulated, since Sarah wasn't THAT wild about him. I also liked he he could set a trap for Osiris. It was enjoyable.
      Shame Sarah couldn't be in the series anymore, since the actress wasn't available. SG production seems to have had problems getting actors to return,and doing continuity.
      I think Sarah would have been a great assistant to Daniel. really, with all she experienced, you couldn't
      just turn her lose.

However, when everyone closed in on Osiris, there should have been A LOT of back-up troops. It seemed odd only Jack and Teal'c were used. Osiris is big game.
      Now, to Sam and Pete. This got top billing, and it seems more an echo plot then the first. Daniel/Osiris is BIG.
      I think it was nice to show Sam finding romance, and being normal, although I wonder if she'd have a house. She seems more a BOQ type to me. Also, a lot of people dislike Pete. Sometimes, people can be opposites and have an attraction, although I still had problems with Pete as a marriage possibility. Also, why is it every other romantic possibility on TV is a cop? I would have written a math/astronomy teacher, ex USAF pilot missing a leg or something… there would be some commonality there. Also, it would be the kind of character you'd let into the Stargate program.
      Pete was kind of normal…not really sleazy. i think feelings that he is a stalker are over exaggerated, but his going to a buddy to check up on Sam didn't make him look good. She's USAF in a classified job…he should have let it go.
      He seemed to be shooting for marriage sooooo fast. it seemed out of character. I saw Pete as a going for the fun kind of guy. Also, sad to say, a lot of cops do background checks on people and use channels to spy on them. My brother was a cop, and he liked to go through DVM files to look up ex-girlfriends and show how ugly they looked now. Yuck. Cops, like doctors, think they're god.
      Pete following her on a stakeout and butting into it really killed him as a likable sort. I think I'd be less happy with him if I was Sam in the infirmary. Pete seemed like the type who'd go and sell the Stargate secret to the Enquirer. Just kind of ordinary and has a price. Not bad, that's just who he is. is he De Louise's brother? Somehow, they seem a kind of ordinary, go for the gusto kind of guys.
      Teal'c and doughnuts…he adapts very well to our culture, but why not? Isn't a Stargate kind of a doughnut?

Comment

Originally posted by altair View Post
        iJust kind of ordinary and has a price. Not bad, that's just who he is. is he De Louise's brother? Somehow, they seem a kind of ordinary, go for the gusto kind of guys.
        Yes, David DeLuise is a Peter DeLuise's brother. Their 3rd brother (Michael) played the "hero" in "Wormhloe
        X-treme".
        Last edited by hedwig; 09 September 2018, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Hello Pete! You started okay and then you weren't. Why did you have to go and do that background check, and tail Carter?

Anywho... I find this episode quite excellent, at least the bit with Daniel and Osiris/Sarah, and Teal'c and Sam trying to help him.

A bit sad to see Osiris go, and fairly annoyed that Sarah is pretty much forgotten after this. I mean, working her way back into a "normal" life after having been a host for near on 3 years and the things she's done as Osiris -- come on, PTSD anyone... there's no way she'd ever be able to pretend all is well with the world.

Also, that brilliantly awkward scene in the elevator between Carter and O'Neill...

How would you rate SG-1's "Chimera"?

Excellent

Good
          Fair
          Poor
          Terrible

--------------EDIT---------------

3-episode quiz: Chimera, Death Knell & Heroes I

Jigsaw puzzle: Chimera
          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 14 August 2019, 08:46 AM. Reason: Adding quiz & jigsaw

Comment

10:42
            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Ah this episode. Hated by the shippers everywhere. I will never understand the Pete hate. My whole feelings to those two is indifference. Their are shows that I care about a person's relationships. Stargate is not one of them. I really like the whole Osris part. I love seeing the integration of Asgard tech and advancement of the Lost City story. Its a fair with 7:01
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Pete turns out quite alright after his tailing-moment of fail.

I quite like the relationship, but it's okay it's just a side story. I have no feelings for or against really.
                I'd stick it to the S/J-shippers but I'm not that person anymore.

Comment

I don't like Pete in this episode because of the stalkerish behavior. During the middle of the relationship, he's okay. At the end, he's controlling again, and I didn't like him for that.

In some ways, I'm a shipper, but I also don't think either party would ever violate the regs.

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Nonsense. If we ignore the context of the show, Sam was hiding stuff from him. That would be enough for anyone who is dating to be suspicious.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Being suspicious is one thing. Knowing that she is required to keep secrets, and being suspicious anyway, is also one thing. Knowing that she is required to keep secrets, being suspicious, and acting on that suspicion by following her and doing a background check--that's stalker behavior. It's saying "how dare you have secrets from me."

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I would think that since Sam's brother got Sam and Pete together, that her brother told Pete that she was in some kind of secret operation where she worked. So Pete should have known before hand that what she did was none of his business. And, also, being a cop meant that Pete himself was sworn to secrecy about some of the work he did, and doing a background check on her was waaaay out of line. I really do wish there had been some fallout from what he did and that he got in big trouble over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                          Being suspicious is one thing. Knowing that she is required to keep secrets, and being suspicious anyway, is also one thing. Knowing that she is required to keep secrets, being suspicious, and acting on that suspicion by following her and doing a background check--that's stalker behavior. It's saying "how dare you have secrets from me."
                          I think, what it showed, for me anyway, was that this relationship showed us the strain both their jobs might have on a relationship between someone who works on a classified project and a cop who won't be able to divulge everything about his job either.

There has to be an enormous amount of trust and I think the relationship was bound to fail from the start, especially when Pete off the bat shows us as a character he's unable to deal with Sam's secret work.

Comment

7:10 on the jigsaw.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Ah this episode. Hated by the shippers everywhere. I will never understand the Pete hate. My whole feelings to those two is indifference. Their are shows that I care about a person's relationships. Stargate is not one of them. I really like the whole Osris part. I love seeing the integration of Asgard tech and advancement of the Lost City story. Its a fair with 7:01
                              You must have put some effort into that one
                              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              7:10 on the jigsaw.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

It's Osiris... I have to honor her in some way.

Comment

Working...
                                X