No announcement yet.

Chimera (715)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I, for one, miss Osiris. She cracked me up.

Comment

I liked the episode, but I was more interested in the Daniel/Sarah/Osiris story line. The Sam/Pete story didn't grab me, Pete didn't seem like Sam's type anyway.

Seeing Daniel and Sarah's back story even though it was controlled through dreams was great. It's nice to know what people were like before the stargate.
      Life Too Short to drink bad coffee!

Any man smart enough to understand women is also smart enough to keep quiet about it

Comment

The Pete thing was annoying I hate PETE !! My opinion
        Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
          I guess they didn't think that he was important enough to introduce yet. In Chimera they *cough* did stuff, and Pete was told of the Stargate program. They were getting serious. No real point to introduce him earlier.
          Still seemed v. sudden. They could've at least had Sam mention him a few eps before; the elevator scene was great, but it could have been used a few episodes ago, then forgotten Pete, then used him in 'Chimera'. Or would continuity be too much to ask?

Comment

Where were the Tok'ra when Sha're needed them?
            Sha're had to be killed or she would have killed Daniel. She was already dead so nothing could be done for her, as the Tok'ra don't use saracophagi.

I did not like this episode all that much -- it felt very jumbled, like they were trying to combine too many different ideas.

I liked the bit with Osiris/Sarah/Daniel and I would have preferred that they had focused on that more. I do hope that Sarah and Daniel get back together, especially as she's way hotter than any of the other women he's been involved with, and she's actually an intellectual with similar interests.

Pete....ugh. What a total slimeball for doing a background check on her and following her/spying on her. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND why Sam doesn't give him any crap for this??! No WAY would I continue to date someone (let alone knock up the relationship a few notches) who did something like that.

Also, Pete just does not strike me as Sam's type *at all*. I don't think she would ever fall for someone like him, it seems sooo out of character. Their relationship seemed totally surreal to me.

Plus, he's not very attractive. Sam could do way better (Jack, anyone?). *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              Exactly my feelings too!

Sally
              Agree with both of you

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                Plus, he's not very attractive. Sam could do way better (Jack, anyone?). *sigh*
                Aw, I thought he was! Especially when he smiled

Anyway, I liked how they intertwined the two storylines here, it worked well. But I feel more could have been done with Osiris, and would loved to have seen more of her. Actually I think she should have appeared more between Revelations and Chimera, I would have liked to see more on how she dealt with Daniel's death. And here we get none of that, just flashbacks and "how unfortunate for you". Not that I'm complaining too much, Anna Louise Plowman is great all the time but it just felt a bit sudden to bring back Sarah/Osiris from nowhere.

It was still an interesting concept though, and the elevator scene with Sam and Jack was definitely the funniest moment of Stargate ever for me!

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

Comment

To quote O'Neill

"Nice"

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that Jack asks Sam what she was humming, but I didn't see that in the scene.

Nice to see they got Osiris out of Sarah. Too bad they never followed thru with more of her and Daniel.

Comment

True - to have been able to capture Osiris and then evict the rotten little reptile must have been immensely satisfying for Daniel after the outcome of his attempts to do the same for Sha're.

The interesting thing for me was just how deeply Daniel seems to sleep. From previous evidence, attaching one of those memory devices is hardly a painless procedure - but he never once woke up!

Loved the 'Hey, Daniel - you asleep yet?' sequence, too.

"Yes Jack. I'm fast asleep."
                      sigpic

Comment

GO SAM, WOOOOO!!!!!!

Sorry, I just saw the episode last night for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                          Neither am I. AT apparently didn't know it either--it was the one she wanted to do but no one on set knew it! (No word on why RDA didn't)
                          I think I read somewhere that he knew as per the script, that she was supposed to hum something, but not what. AT was planning to surprise RDA with the McGyver theme tune....

As to this episode in general. I quite liked the Daniel/Sarah-Osiris storyline, but the Sam/Pete storyline really bugged me. And not just because I'm a sam/jack shipper. Pete getting a background check done on Sam was really low-even my husband thought so and he never comments on these things. If anyone else really finds it difficult to watch this episode, then I suggest that you watch it with the DVD commentary on. It's very good!
                          always and forever
                          My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                          My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
                            The interesting thing for me was just how deeply Daniel seems to sleep. From previous evidence, attaching one of those memory devices is hardly a painless procedure - but he never once woke up!
                            I think Osiris subdued Daniel with her hand device before implanting the memory device. After many years serving with the military, Daniel has probably trained himself to be a light sleeper. I doubt he would have slept through the attachment without the ribbon device's effects.
                            SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

By the way there was a error in the scene where Sam was first talking to Pete which was where Sam said there was not a Zoo in Colorado Springs which is incorrect. There is a zoo and it is actually at the base of Cheyenne Mountain, there website is http://www.cmzoo.org/. Takes a local to notice these subtle things.

Rex

Comment

Originally posted by sdoorex
                                By the way there was a error in the scene where Sam was first talking to Pete which was where Sam said there was not a Zoo in Colorado Springs which is incorrect. There is a zoo and it is actually at the base of Cheyenne Mountain, there website is http://www.cmzoo.org/. Takes a local to notice these subtle things.

Rex
                                You think they'd've noticed it as they drive to work every day... LOL!
                                sigpic
                                "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Working...
                                X