No announcement yet.

Chimera (715)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter's just too busy theorizing the possible matrix to house the unstable electro-protons they found on P61-742 to notice it.

No, I don't know what I'm talking about.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
      Carter's just too busy theorizing the possible matrix to house the unstable electro-protons they found on P61-742 to notice it.

No, I don't know what I'm talking about.
      That makes 2 of us
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

A cut scene from Ripple Effect was suppose to have Landry talking to Lam about visiting that zoo again.

Mattathias

Comment

I think the zoo reference was meant as a joke to enforce that Sam doesn't have a life. She's so focused on her work that she's never even taken a stroll around the mountain she works in every day.
          SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

I liked this episode especially for "degoa'uldisation" of Sarah, but I would have prefered to see a bit more her relations with Daniel after this... whatever, it was very emotional
            Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

what's really lame about the whole Sam/Pete thing is that the morning after their first time having sex, Pete is talking about commitment. That's very un-guy like. If anything, that's what a chick would do. Maybe that's why people don't like Pete - he's a wimp. He should have just been happy he got laid and try to hit it again in the morning before bolting out of there - that's what I'd have done.

Comment

Thank you for the very bad images that I have just gotten.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I saw this episode for the first time several weeks ago. (I was watching all of SG-1 for the first time, from the beginning. I just rewatched it now that I've seen all the episodes so far.

My initial reaction is still the same - I liked the episode a lot. I didn't hate Pete the way a lot of other people did. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt when he was trying to find out about Sam (yes - some would call it stalking). He's crazy about her and really wants to know. More than anything I just kept thinking, "Poor schlub. There's no way there's going to be a real future for you and Sam." He was funny and sweet and I liked how he and Sam were together.

Someone commented that he doesn't seem her type. True - he seems pretty different from all the aliens that have been interested in her thus far, but does anyone remember Capt. Jonas Hanson from The First Commandment? It was an old flame of Sam's that had gone off the deep end and was making a planet of less advanced people think he was a god. No THAT GUY - I never could imagine him and Sam. Pete - I can see the interest.

Oh - and the one thing I kept thinking through my second viewing - AMANDA TAPPING LOOKS GORGEOUS IN THIS EPISODE!!!

Also - love that Sam brings up that most of the guys she has dated recently are dead.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us View Post
                    I think the zoo reference was meant as a joke to enforce that Sam doesn't have a life. She's so focused on her work that she's never even taken a stroll around the mountain she works in every day.
                    Yes, it was a joke to show that Carter has no life. Of course, I didn't get the joke until I read that there actually was a zoo. Now it's funny scene to me knowing that it's making fun of Carter having no life.

Comment

They used to bring up Carter having no life a lot in the early seasons. There was more than one early episode where Jack would pop in and ask Carter what she's going to do with her downtime and she says she's hanging around on the base. (Well, one of those times she wasn't doing work - I think she was working on her motorcycle. Now why couldn't we ever see Sam on her motorcycle?!?!?!)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                        They used to bring up Carter having no life a lot in the early seasons. There was more than one early episode where Jack would pop in and ask Carter what she's going to do with her downtime and she says she's hanging around on the base. (Well, one of those times she wasn't doing work - I think she was working on her motorcycle. Now why couldn't we ever see Sam on her motorcycle?!?!?!)

According to the insurance rules actors can't even sit on the bike. In In Space Race they only showed Sam in the SGC after arriving on the bike. It's all said/implied, not shown.

Momento Mori:
                        Spoiler:
                        Which is why you see Mitchell going to the bike but only see "him" on it when the stuntman has the helmet on.

Suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

after all this time since chimera was first aired, and three things still sit with me.

a- the writers shouldn't have had pete go from curious to super spy. it permanently damaged his character, and, it made sam look needy *for putting up with it*.

b- it seriously hurt to see sam with another guy (instead of jack). yes, i'm an s/j shipper.

c- MISCASTING of pete!

just my opinions.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=meredithchandler73;5995422]
                            Oh - and the one thing I kept thinking through my second viewing - AMANDA TAPPING LOOKS GORGEOUS IN THIS EPISODE!!!
                            QUOTE]

I agree!! She does look amazing in this ep. And they've FINALLY given her a nice warderobe!! In earlier seasons when she was in civvies, they were always horrible jeans with ill-fitting jackets or cardigans, or too bright colours, or something.. I just don't think it suited her. But in this she was wearing nice girly things, halternecks, a DRESS! It was really nice!

Can't stand Pete.... He's KINDA sweet (before he does the background check, and he should know better than to follow her to a STAKEOUT!! For goodness sake!)... But what about poor Jack! She loves him really!

I did NOT like the "bedroom" scene. It was just too much, I think.

LOVED Tea'lcs discussion on dreams with Daniel: "well, that conversation was disturbing on many levels.."
                            Sig by SamJackShipLover, thank you!!

"The Titanic lies in 13,000 feet of water on a gently sloping alpinelike countryside overlooking a small canyon below. Its bow faces north and the ship sits upright on the bottom. There is no light at this great depth and little life can be found. It is a quiet and peaceful and fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tradgedies to rest. May it forever remain that way and may God bless these found souls." - Robert D. Ballard, 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                              itd be nice to see more of the sarah and find out about osiris, and couldnt help but laugh wen carter hummed the theme thune!
                              It was so funny that Carter was humming the Stargate theme. In fact, that whole elevator scene was awesome!

Originally posted by zats View Post
                              AT apparently didn't know it either--it was the one she wanted to do but no one on set knew it! (No word on why RDA didn't)
                              I wonder if anyone actually asked RDA how the MacGyver tune went? Would have been great if Carter had hummed that too, but I think the Stargate theme worked well and it was something everyone knew.

Originally posted by LMichelle View Post
                              Whomever decided to have Amanda hum the Stargate theme deserves a cookie.
                              Agreed!

Originally posted by fair_nymph View Post
                              Plus, he's not very attractive. Sam could do way better (Jack, anyone?). *sigh*
                              Hehehe, agree too.

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
                              Loved the 'Hey, Daniel - you asleep yet?' sequence, too.

"Yes Jack. I'm fast asleep."
                              Those lines were hilarious

I liked the scenes with Daniel and Osiris/Sarah and I'm glad they got the symbiote out of her. It was quite a surprise to see her turn up again though at the beginning.

I can maybe understand why the Sam/Pete thing was introduced, but it seemed to just happen all of a sudden. I thought I'd skipped an episode on my DVD and missed when he'd been introduced to the show. Even though I'm an S/J shipper, Pete didn't seem like a particularly bad guy until he did a background check on Sam. I really hated that and it made me dislike his character. I never wanted Sam and Pete to be together, but that particular part gave me a good reason for not liking the relationship besides wanting Sam to be with Jack.
                              "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
                              S/J all the way!
                              Big Honkin' Resolution!
                              sigpic
                              John/Teyla Shipper!
                              SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

According to the Wikipedia article for this episode, this is the last ever we see of Sarah/Osiris. That's a shame. It seemed like a bit of an abupt end for those characters. When the episode ended, I thought that it was a bit rushed, and I assumed that Sarah and/or Osiris would be back again, but I guess not. (That aside, it was good to see that Sarah was saved from the Goa'uld, as that doesn't seem to happen often for hosts.)

As for the Pete side of this episode - he does not make a good first impression. Doing a FBI check on her, then interrupting her on a mission, that was a bit lame. I know it must of been frustrating for him that she couldn't tell him everything (and she really couldn't), but he should of tried to build up trust with Sam, instead of running off and using his contacts to check up on her, which ultimately led him to finding out about the SGC and the Stargate Programme, which isn't great, IMO.

I loved the lift scene however, which was the highlight of this ep for me. There were two great moments - Sam humming the SG-1 theme, and Jack saying "Speeding again, are we?" when Sam mentioned that Pete is a policeman. That bit cracks me up for some reason.
                                "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

Working...
                                X