Chimera (715)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
    i liked that too, but do they ever get back together? they should do at least one more episode involving her.
    Me three.

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
      they should do at least one more episode involving her.
      According to TPTB, they wanted to do a Sarah/Osiris story during season eight, but ran out of time. They have promised one if the show reaches season nine.
      Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
        According to TPTB, they wanted to do a Sarah/Osiris story during season eight, but ran out of time. They have promised one if the show reaches season nine.
        Whoohoo!

New reason for wanting Season 9!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

This would have been a better episode if for one thing. Pete getting it on with Carter. Sorry mods, but I can't think of any way to put it more delicately. If you can, edit away.

I like the idea of Jack having some competition, but the writers majorly screwed up on that one part! They should not have done that!!!!

Other then that, I liked it. Pete was kinda romantic (up to that part), and the story with Daniel/Osiris was pretty good. It also helped set up Season 8 eps. Very nice other then that part ( I know, I'm obsessing. But I seriously thought that it was so wrong)
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Sam says there is no zoo in Colorado Springs. Think CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN ZOO.
            According to the production notes for this ep here at Gateworld, that was deliberate on the writers' parts: they were trying to subtley illustrate that Sam was so wrapped up in her work that she hadn't even realized there was a zoo at Cheyenne Mountain. Obviously they were a tad too subtle!
            Last edited by zats; 04 December 2004, 10:37 AM. Reason: Depends. Who's asking?

Comment

Originally posted by zats
              According to the production notes for this ep here at Gateworld, that was deliberate on the writers' parts: they were trying to subtley illustrate that Sam was so wrapped up in her work that she hadn't even realized there was a zoo at Cheyenne Mountain. Obviously they were a tad too subtle!
              *does a head nod worthy of Teal'c* Indeed.
              Rocky

Comment

*does a head nod worthy of Teal'c* Indeed.
                *In Jack-like voice* What? No eyebrow?
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                  This would have been a better episode if for one thing. Pete getting it on with Carter. Sorry mods, but I can't think of any way to put it more delicately. If you can, edit away.

I like the idea of Jack having some competition, but the writers majorly screwed up on that one part! They should not have done that!!!!

Other then that, I liked it. Pete was kinda romantic (up to that part), and the story with Daniel/Osiris was pretty good. It also helped set up Season 8 eps. Very nice other then that part ( I know, I'm obsessing. But I seriously thought that it was so wrong)
                  SPOILERS FOR AFFINITY

Actually, Sam's 'getting it on', as you put it, was one of the few elements of the ep that didn't bother me. Not because I'm some sort of freaky lech or because I'm a hugely vocal (or for that matter, mute) advocate of promiscuity, but it was Sam's perogative. She's a big girl, she can do what she wants. I don't like Pete. I don't like the fact that she got engaged. I don't like the fact that Jack seems okay with the whole deal. But I figure that (and I'm treating Sam like she's real here) it's her business. I'm apathetic either way: don't mind that she did, don't mind that she didn't. Her choice, not mine.

I do HATE the fact that Pete walked out the next morning (actually, I hate Pete in general, but that's beside the point). A friend of mine says that an obsessive stalkerish creep (my description of Pete) is what you get for sleeping around. I disagree. I think that Pete was/is a selfish scumball and frankly I think she should have dumped him and really hope that TPTB kill him off sometime soon. In the meantime, I spend lots of time in AUs in which we have the SG version of Kill Bill, entitled Beat Pete. Minus the awakening four years later--or awakening anytime, really.

To put it frankly, I don't have a problem with Sam having sex. I do have a problem with who she was with.

Comment

not my most favorite episode, tho its a nice character development episode.

itd be nice to see more of the sarah and find out about osiris, and couldnt help but laugh wen carter hummed the theme thune!
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                      not my most favorite episode, tho its a nice character development episode.

itd be nice to see more of the sarah and find out about osiris, and couldnt help but laugh wen carter hummed the theme thune!
                      That was the best part of the whole show IMO.

Comment

I've started humming the SG theme on elevators now. It's my homage to the show!

Only problem being that no one else recognizes it and look at me rather oddly...but
                        people do that anyway, so I ignore them.

You heard that originally it was supposed to be the MacGyver theme? I think I read that in the Gateworld production notes, but I don't remember.

Comment

i prefer it with stargate theme, im not old enough to know the mcguiver theme so itd wouldnt be funny!
                          sigpic

Comment

Neither am I. AT apparently didn't know it either--it was the one she wanted to do but no one on set knew it! (No word on why RDA didn't)

Comment

well its been a qwhile since hed done it and your bound to forget stuff even if u did help make it

the dumb ass paul anderson forgot all abuot event horizon wen he was doing the commentary for the se!
                              sigpic

Comment

Or else he was just MacGyver-ed out. I would be, if I'd been such a huge part of it for so long (and it wasn't SG).

Comment

Working...
                                X