Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chimera (715)

Default Re: Chimera (715)

Quote Originally Posted by MartoufMarty
    I guess they didn't think that he was important enough to introduce yet. In Chimera they *cough* did stuff, and Pete was told of the Stargate program. They were getting serious. No real point to introduce him earlier.
    Maybe they were friends before this.

I didn't care for the show except Pete getting told what Sam does and the freedom of Sarah from Orisis.

Less than that I think. More a like a week or so. They wouldn't have him down in Colorado Springs investigating a case for a month. Also, my two gripes about this ep. Sam says there is no zoo in Colorado Springs. Think CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN ZOO. Also, Pete leaving and going back to Denver seemed like a big deal. Denver is about an hour away from Colorado Springs, so there shoudn't be a problem seeing each other every weekend (unless Sam is off-world).

Lieutenant Colonel MartoufMarty's Avatar
    "Tell me what you don't like about yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by greytop
    Maybe they were friends before this.

I didn't care for the show except Pete getting told what Sam does and the freedom of Sarah from Orisis.
    True.

She did meet Pete from her brother, Mark. So Pete and Mark were friends and maybe Mark wanted Sam to have somebody so he set them up...?

So go forth all, and go after Mark!

Captain lionel_pendergast_rocks's Avatar

Stargate Re: Chimera (715)

Quote Originally Posted by greytop
    i liked that too, but do they ever get back together? they should do at least one more episode involving her.

Second Lieutenant GeneralJackO'Neill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
    i liked that too, but do they ever get back together? they should do at least one more episode involving her.
    Me too.

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
    Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
    "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
    My deviantART profile

Me three.

they should do at least one more episode involving her.
    According to TPTB, they wanted to do a Sarah/Osiris story during season eight, but ran out of time. They have promised one if the show reaches season nine.

Lieutenant Colonel MartoufMarty's Avatar
    "Tell me what you don't like about yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by rocket4477
    According to TPTB, they wanted to do a Sarah/Osiris story during season eight, but ran out of time. They have promised one if the show reaches season nine.
    Whoohoo!

New reason for wanting Season 9!

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Chimera (715)

This would have been a better episode if for one thing. Pete getting it on with Carter. Sorry mods, but I can't think of any way to put it more delicately. If you can, edit away.

I like the idea of Jack having some competition, but the writers majorly screwed up on that one part! They should not have done that!!!!

Other then that, I liked it. Pete was kinda romantic (up to that part), and the story with Daniel/Osiris was pretty good. It also helped set up Season 8 eps. Very nice other then that part ( I know, I'm obsessing. But I seriously thought that it was so wrong)
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Sam says there is no zoo in Colorado Springs. Think CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN ZOO.
    According to the production notes for this ep here at Gateworld, that was deliberate on the writers' parts: they were trying to subtley illustrate that Sam was so wrapped up in her work that she hadn't even realized there was a zoo at Cheyenne Mountain. Obviously they were a tad too subtle!
    Last edited by zats; December 4th, 2004 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Depends. Who's asking?

Quote Originally Posted by zats
    According to the production notes for this ep here at Gateworld, that was deliberate on the writers' parts: they were trying to subtley illustrate that Sam was so wrapped up in her work that she hadn't even realized there was a zoo at Cheyenne Mountain. Obviously they were a tad too subtle!
    *does a head nod worthy of Teal'c* Indeed.

*does a head nod worthy of Teal'c* Indeed.
    *In Jack-like voice* What? No eyebrow?
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Zat Re: Chimera (715)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel's_twin
    This would have been a better episode if for one thing. Pete getting it on with Carter. Sorry mods, but I can't think of any way to put it more delicately. If you can, edit away.

I like the idea of Jack having some competition, but the writers majorly screwed up on that one part! They should not have done that!!!!

Other then that, I liked it. Pete was kinda romantic (up to that part), and the story with Daniel/Osiris was pretty good. It also helped set up Season 8 eps. Very nice other then that part ( I know, I'm obsessing. But I seriously thought that it was so wrong)
    SPOILERS FOR AFFINITY

Actually, Sam's 'getting it on', as you put it, was one of the few elements of the ep that didn't bother me. Not because I'm some sort of freaky lech or because I'm a hugely vocal (or for that matter, mute) advocate of promiscuity, but it was Sam's perogative. She's a big girl, she can do what she wants. I don't like Pete. I don't like the fact that she got engaged. I don't like the fact that Jack seems okay with the whole deal. But I figure that (and I'm treating Sam like she's real here) it's her business. I'm apathetic either way: don't mind that she did, don't mind that she didn't. Her choice, not mine.

I do HATE the fact that Pete walked out the next morning (actually, I hate Pete in general, but that's beside the point). A friend of mine says that an obsessive stalkerish creep (my description of Pete) is what you get for sleeping around. I disagree. I think that Pete was/is a selfish scumball and frankly I think she should have dumped him and really hope that TPTB kill him off sometime soon. In the meantime, I spend lots of time in AUs in which we have the SG version of Kill Bill, entitled Beat Pete. Minus the awakening four years later--or awakening anytime, really.

To put it frankly, I don't have a problem with Sam having sex. I do have a problem with who she was with.

not my most favorite episode, tho its a nice character development episode.

itd be nice to see more of the sarah and find out about osiris, and couldnt help but laugh wen carter hummed the theme thune!

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Anubis Guard
    not my most favorite episode, tho its a nice character development episode.

itd be nice to see more of the sarah and find out about osiris, and couldnt help but laugh wen carter hummed the theme thune!
    That was the best part of the whole show IMO.

I've started humming the SG theme on elevators now. It's my homage to the show!

Only problem being that no one else recognizes it and look at me rather oddly...but
    people do that anyway, so I ignore them.

You heard that originally it was supposed to be the MacGyver theme? I think I read that in the Gateworld production notes, but I don't remember.

i prefer it with stargate theme, im not old enough to know the mcguiver theme so itd wouldnt be funny!

Neither am I. AT apparently didn't know it either--it was the one she wanted to do but no one on set knew it! (No word on why RDA didn't)

well its been a qwhile since hed done it and your bound to forget stuff even if u did help make it

the dumb ass paul anderson forgot all abuot event horizon wen he was doing the commentary for the se!

Or else he was just MacGyver-ed out. I would be, if I'd been such a huge part of it for so long (and it wasn't SG).

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast