• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chimera (715)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON SEVEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 715

Daniel is plagued by dreams of his former girlfriend, who has been taken as a Goa'uld host. Samantha Carter begins a romantic relationship with a detective, from whom she must hide her life at Stargate Command.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 10:40 PM.

Did anyone ever figure out where Osiris went?
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Either she was killed or she/he/it has been taken if for questioning/torture by the tok'ra. Or so I assume.

Comment

This is the first episode where I wanted to rewrite part of the story. It could have been much better than it was. My version would have gone more like this:

The "morning after" it would have been Sam leaving after being called to the SGC on some matter. Pete would have decided to pursue their relationship even though Sam couldn't talk about her work. As "local authorities" were notified that something was going on at Daniel's house, Pete would have turned up there curious as to what kind of operation was being run from Sam's workplace. After being injured protecting Sam (I'll keep that part of the original story) he would have been told a limited amount about the SGC but certainly not full disclosure.

No background check. No stalking.

I like Pete. I like Pete and Sam. But the story...well, it lit up the exit signs for Pete's departure without killing him. The curse is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by dorien
          This is the first episode where I wanted to rewrite part of the story. It could have been much better than it was. My version would have gone more like this:

The "morning after" it would have been Sam leaving after being called to the SGC on some matter. Pete would have decided to pursue their relationship even though Sam couldn't talk about her work. As "local authorities" were notified that something was going on at Daniel's house, Pete would have turned up there curious as to what kind of operation was being run from Sam's workplace. After being injured protecting Sam (I'll keep that part of the original story) he would have been told a limited amount about the SGC but certainly not full disclosure.

No background check. No stalking.

I like Pete. I like Pete and Sam. But the story...well, it lit up the exit signs for Pete's departure without killing him. The curse is broken.
          if it were done that way. i probably wouldn't have hated pete. still wouldn't have been too keen on him. still wouldn't have liked the episode (wwwaaaayyyy over the top with the dating thing. way too much for one show. and we can probably guess my other issues with it but they aren't really relevant here) but it would have made pete considerably less evil in my view.

Comment

Yeah.. well being forced to assume as to the fate of a major Goa'uld player just doesn't sit well with me.
            The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

The sticky thing about Chimera is that it's too hazy on how long Pete has been in town and seeing Sam. Has he actually taken his whole two weeks vacation by the time he says he's heading back to Denver tomorrow? How long had they been seeing each other before the ep started? Clearly they were already up to public (morning) kissing and game playing, which has got to be a couple of weeks in, even if they're moving fast.

Unfortunately, you don't get such an impression of time passing with the short episode, so it's like: I'm Pete; relationship; stalky-stalky weirdness; resolution. It might have worked better if they'd managed to drop him in as a minor subplot in a couple of earlier episodes - so we got a real sense of time passing - then refered to him, obliquely at least, during her soul-searching in Grace.

For starters, Grace might have worked better if Sam's dillemma had been more 'am I putting off a good thing because I have unresolved boss-crush issues', rather than 'must get over Jack so I can find somebody to fill me with babies and make a proper woman of me'. Cissy Carter rides again! Yay.

<Files fanfic idea about Sam and her whiny, passive-aggressive evil twin sister/AU duplicate Cissy. Should end with Sam punching Cissy in the face.>

It just occured to me that Sam had also background-checked Pete - she'd just got the dirt on him from her brother rather than from a friend.

I would guess that Osiris is being left open for reuse. After all, if the SGC let the Tok'ra keep 'her' for questioning, then presumably she escaped after about five minutes. Muppets.
              Last edited by Mr Prophet; 20 June 2004, 03:12 AM. Reason: overuse of 'presumably'
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

This was a strange episode.....

To be totally honest I think it would have worked better without the whole Sam and Pete thing in it. That just slowed everything down for me and sort of drifted away from the topic at hand....
                "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Yeah.. I think alot of this episode could have been done better, or if not better, at least different. The two plots just, to me anyway, didn't seem to fit with each other.

Yes, of course.. But I can't seem to recall the Tok'ra even being mentioned.. It's just BOOM no more symbiote.

Comment

I think that over the 7 years that they've been saving people from goa'uld symbiotes, and only one race knows how to do that, the To'kra. i think the writers don't need to always to write dialogue about it anymore, but of course, since there're always new viewers, the 'To'kra' should be mentioned still
                    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Especially considering.. no wait, this came before "Death Knell", didn't it?

Comment

It just occured to me that Sam had also background-checked Pete - she'd just got the dirt on him from her brother rather than from a friend.
                        sam's brother set her up with pete. she knew only what her brother told her, and she trusted him. it wasn't a case of pete tells her what he can about himself and then she goes off to her brother (or worse the FBI/NID/denver PD or whatever back alley sources she might have) to double check this and find out everything that he's already told her he couldn't tell her.

pete was told that what she did was classified, so he went to the FBI to find out all about her, after he slept with her. if he didn't trust her or was just curious, he should have done this before the relationship got that serious, for her at least. you didn't see sam following him to denver or going to check out anything she could check out with his ex wife. he had just finished explaining to her that his marriage broke up partially because of his work. that he couldn't tell his wife all about what he did. then he throw's a hissy fit because she tells him that she understands what he's talking about, and that she wishes she could tell him more about her job but can't.

talking to her brother (who is also his friend) about him is nothing. in fact its completely normal. going behind your girlfriends back and checking up on her FBI file, then following her to a stakeout and interferring with an official military operation and endangering lives, when the relationship has turned (according to both petes words and sam's actions) quite serious, isn't quite the same.
                        and not answering or returing her calls, after storming out of the bedroom in a hissy fit? bad idea. and also just plain rude!

also, why oh why did we get an entire A-plot devoted to this tripe for? especially considering the importance in the arc of the show, that the B-plot has?

and yes i do have some serious issues and problems with this episode. i think its the first time (on a first viewing or otherwise) that i've seen an episode of stargate and thought, " what?" "why?" and "what!?!" especially because of the last act.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                          I think that over the 7 years that they've been saving people from goa'uld symbiotes, and only one race knows how to do that, the To'kra. i think the writers don't need to always to write dialogue about it anymore, but of course, since there're always new viewers, the 'To'kra' should be mentioned still
                          this wasn't neccessarily the tok'ra's work. if you go back to nightwalkers in season 6, you'll see that they discovered a giant syringe full of a mysterious liquid. it was later discovered that this liquid was a sort of vaccine, or cure for goa'ulditis.
                          sam used it and it worked on her, so perhaps they've been able to synthisis it.

of course if they had devoted more time to the sarah/osiris plot instead of the pointless and unrewarding drivel of the unfortunate A-plot, which also could have been done so much better, we might have known for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                            this wasn't neccessarily the tok'ra's work. if you go back to nightwalkers in season 6, you'll see that they discovered a giant syringe full of a mysterious liquid. it was later discovered that this liquid was a sort of vaccine, or cure for goa'ulditis.
                            sam used it and it worked on her, so perhaps they've been able to synthisis it.
                            No that's not entirely true. The symbiots in that town where genetically modified with a built-in "kill switch". The chemical in the needle was the "kill switch" so it wouldn't work on any goa'uld, just those that were cloned at Imunitech.
                            Last edited by bcmilco; 27 June 2004, 12:25 AM.
                            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Yes, that really didn't make any sense to me. How did they get the symbiote out? We've never really shown a good knack for doing that sort of thing. Oh....did we keep Osiris in a fish tank like we did Teal'c's symbiote at one point during...ehh....season 5? Threshold maybe?

Hmm.....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X