Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Staff Sergeant

Default Will we ever be able to build a ZPM?

I know a lot of people will bash me for asking this but i thought i'd get peoples thoughts. We've seen a human with ancient knowledge (o'neill) build a less advanced version of a ZPM in SG1 S3 using naquada and earth equipment. So it is possible but just we have less advanced technology (duuuuhhhhh). But how long do you ppl think it will take us to learn how to build a fully functional one if we ever do? years? decades? centuries? Mil... ok i'm stopping there

The thing that made me wonder this is that i've been reading a few of the virtual stargate spinoffs: horizon, destiny etc and noticed that whenever talk about zpms come up the characters say "we don't have any" so i'm not sure whether to believe there aren't any found or they just don't have the parts to make it.

Your thoughts...

Default Re: Will we ever be able to build a ZPM?

Quote Originally Posted by MiniHerc
    I know a lot of people will bash me for asking this but i thought i'd get peoples thoughts. We've seen a human with ancient knowledge (o'neill) build a less advanced version of a ZPM in SG1 S3 using naquada and earth equipment. So it is possible but just we have less advanced technology (duuuuhhhhh). But how long do you ppl think it will take us to learn how to build a fully functional one if we ever do? years? decades? centuries? Mil... ok i'm stopping there

The thing that made me wonder this is that i've been reading a few of the virtual stargate spinoffs: horizon, destiny etc and noticed that whenever talk about zpms come up the characters say "we don't have any" so i'm not sure whether to believe there aren't any found or they just don't have the parts to make it.

Your thoughts...

the notes on how to build a zpm, schmatic, materials needed and instruction manual, is somewhere in the ancient Database, but i having a feeling that it may be Passworded???!!!!! only time will tell. keeping watching for your answer. i guess 4 more seasons. and to build one would take 6-12 months.
    http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7116/zpm3lg2ib.gif
    Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
    pps = power per second
    The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
    xfire = zpm
    [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
    http://m2kclan.com
    vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
    port: 3785
    P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
    halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
    Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

IMO, not for a very, very long time.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Probie Brigadier General jackson's Avatar

When O’Neill had the repository of the ancients download in to his mine he built one in the fifth race

y can't we just build those, they where quite powerfull and it was built out of things from earth and T's staff weapon.

I still reckon theres a processing plant somewhere in the unactivated parts of the city!

Quote Originally Posted by Brigadier General jackson
    When O’Neill had the repository of the ancients download in to his mine he built one in the fifth race
    Not a ZPM, just a really really strong naq generator. A ZPM is a bit more complex, also it would ruin alot of the plot (same reason why they cant just make another generator).

Yeh I don't think that theyll be able to build one or very very long. The good thing about Stargate is that it is science fiction and fantasy that is set in our time here and now. If they are able to build an unbelievable power source it will make the show too futuristic. So I doubt that they'll be able build it for time. But I have no doubt that they will find ZPM's whether in SGA or SG1, but yeh and they use it to power atlantis.
    I HATE SY-FY

they will be able to make a zed.p.m i belive sooner than you think(i no ill get killed for sayin this)but it says in season 3 i think you all no about te asurans but it says that they have the cableity to make zed.p.m.s my idea is that its in part of there city-ship and they show us it then we fianly get back to atlantis we use are part to try and make some but havent anoth power then that part hapens to get destoyed when the asurans attack atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by SmallTimePerson
    Not a ZPM, just a really really strong naq generator. A ZPM is a bit more complex, also it would ruin alot of the plot (same reason why they cant just make another generator).
    They're completely different types of energy sources.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

i honestly can't see us being able to make a ZPM until a newer, more efficient power source is introduced. i mean, if we could make ZPMs at will, woudln't that be a little too convient story-wise? too many stories could be resolved by simply plugging in a ZPM.

10-50 million years

Lieutenant Colonel 2ndgenerationalteran's Avatar
    In the back of your neck, controling your brain

short answer... no

reason, even though its less than 40 million years old we are far behind that, though the data base can give blue prints we dont know what that crap is and we have no one telling us if we are building it right
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

i think they may a factory, in a couple of seasons time and then uild one or two before it breaks/gets destroyed, just to get them out of an extreme situaion. probably once the current zpm runs out

Thumbs up Re: Will we ever be able to build a ZPM?

Soon or late we would find where the ZPM produced by ancients, as we found where they build the gunship, so just matter of the time we would find it. and after we find if there are any ZPM ready we would pick them up and if there are any chance to produce more with current technology what ancient left we would produce more if wraiths give us a chance to do that.

That’s all we see.
    Real power inside of us

Just try to imagine how much older & advanced that Asgard race is compared to ours, and then realize that they still haven't figured it out. That said, I would measure our time to be in the thousands and thousands of years without the Asgard's help.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by The Ori
    Yeh I don't think that theyll be able to build one or very very long. The good thing about Stargate is that it is science fiction and fantasy that is set in our time here and now. If they are able to build an unbelievable power source it will make the show too futuristic. So I doubt that they'll be able build it for time. But I have no doubt that they will find ZPM's whether in SGA or SG1, but yeh and they use it to power atlantis.
    Oh but learning how to and building enormous starship after starship in the space of a few years isn't unbelievable?

Trust me, knowing the writer's they'll reveal an easier way to make ZPM's when the story suits it.

Probably, but that'll kill the show.

Recall, Carter referred to Ancient tech as being waay out of our league to reverse engineer.

Staff Sergeant

Arrow2 Re: Will we ever be able to build a ZPM?

Of all ancient tech, one of the ones that gets me the most if the ZPM.
    As Mckay said about recharging one, it's like recharging a universe, can't be done. So it will be interesting in the future to see how we end up magyvering one, man that's irony considering RDA is the best stargate character of all time.

I can honestly see the writers in the future bringing in some kind of primative version of a zpm, like mankinds first attempt at a real zpm, something really big that somehow plugs into altantis' zpm trinity. ...

Lieutenant Colonel 2ndgenerationalteran's Avatar
    In the back of your neck, controling your brain

i dont think we will find a factory for ZPMs, they were valueable shown in 'Before i sleep' where the lantians had places where they had hid ZPMs. If they had a factory (which are used to mass produce things) theyd be spitting out new zpms very freaquently, which they didnt need to do because one zpm could last for thousands maybe even closing on to a million years with no defensive measures in place. but i still would have thought they would keep atleast one back up in the city.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!