Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephen Colbert speech. For liberals and republicans with a sense of humor.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen Colbert speech. For liberals and republicans with a sense of humor.

I just thought this was one of the funniest things I'd seen in years. Enjoy-

http://www.democracynow.org/article....6/05/03/145234

Stephen Colbert is the 2nd best journalist out there. The Colbert Report should get an Emmy in both the comedy and news categories.
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
    Caboose: They could be worse?
    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
      Stephen Colbert is the 2nd best journalist out there. The Colbert Report should get an Emmy in both the comedy and news categories.
      I definetly agree, however they'd have some tough competition from Democracy Now, the show I got the clip from.

Comment

Originally posted by Battousai the Manslayer
        I definetly agree, however they'd have some tough competition from Democracy Now, the show I got the clip from.
        I'm just thinking about the big smile on Amy Goodman's face as she presented the Steven Colbert clip.

Comment

I loved the speech. I thought it was brilliant, funny and on point. Some people don't agree. A large number have chosen to ignore it but I loved his daring. It takes guts to humorously insult the president and his friends to their faces.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Colbert is my new hero.

"Then you write, "Oh, they're just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic." First of all, that is a terrible metaphor. This administration is not sinking. This administration is soaring. If anything, they are rearranging the deck chairs on the Hindenburg!"

Pure brilliance.

And TONY SNOW is the new press secretary??!! I'm speechless.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
              Colbert is my new hero.
              So are you now a member of the "Colbert Nation"?

Comment

WOOOO HOOOO COLBERT ROCKS!!! GO COLBERT REPORT!

You can ask him anything, but he's going to say what he wants at the pace that he wants. It's like boxing a glacier. Enjoy that metaphor, by the way, because your grandchildren will have no idea what a glacier is.
                lmao
                sigpic
                Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Thank for posting this! I love the Colbert Report. The Word is The Best. I am glad the Commedy Channel re-runs it the next day.
                  amytay
                  Fort Ancient, Ohio
                  (It's a real place)

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                    And TONY SNOW is the new press secretary??!! I'm speechless.
                    Codename...Snowjob.
                    Oh, what an honor. To speak at the White House Press core dinner, some body pinch me. No, wait...I'm a heavy sleeper. Somebody shoot me in the face.
                    There's just so many great lines in there, I was stunned. I'm glad other people liked it aswell.

Comment

I think the Tek Jensen Adventures stuff is funny.

Other than that, I don't really care for the show. Then again, I spent two years as a government major and I'm pretty sick of politics. Hence the change to history. I still have to put up with it, but not nearly as much.

Comment

Jon Stewart-Secretary of State
                        Stephen Colbert-Press Secretary
                        Carlos Mencia (not sure yet)
                        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
                          Jon Stewart-Secretary of State
                          Stephen Colbert-Press Secretary
                          Carlos Mencia (not sure yet)
                          And Lewis Black can be Ambassador to the United Nations.

Carlos Mencia...I'm thinking he should be President of the Senate. That would be interesting. I would never turn off C-SPAN.

Comment

And Wayne Brady could be the entire cabinet.
                            amytay
                            Fort Ancient, Ohio
                            (It's a real place)

Comment

I love it! But who for president? Not Dave Chappelle because of reliability. But never the blue collar comedy guys. We're close enough to that already.

Comment

Working...
                              X