Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was down.... being retrofitted by daloreans i imagine to be shinier and full of

Comment

The forum was down for me as well. Obviously someone didn't feed the hamster.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Gateworld.net and the forum were not accessible all day yesterday -- UK time -- from 9am onwards.
        At the moment the main page is still off-limits to me. I'm still getting an error message.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

What was weird is that I could get to the front page if I typed in the url, but not if I went to the home link given in the error message.

Thanks to all for getting it running again. I'd really miss it if anything happened.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Can someone please tell me how to edit a post for spelling or typos? I do not see an edit icon next to my posts. Is this option not available to Probies or am I missing something?

Comment

You should have an "Edit Post" icon to the left of the "Reply" icon.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

You can't edit as probie. What would happen back in the old days, a spammer would wait until a mod approved the post and then put the spam in
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I know we've got a SC-Fi and Fantasy Books Discussion thread, but do we have ones for regular fiction and non-fiction?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    You can't edit as probie. What would happen back in the old days, a spammer would wait until a mod approved the post and then put the spam in
                    Sad but true!
                    For more re Probie Status: Thread link.

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                    I know we've got a SC-Fi and Fantasy Books Discussion thread, but do we have ones for regular fiction and non-fiction?
                    We used to have a few general non-scifi book discussion threads in Off Topic Chatter but they haven't been used for at least a decade.I remember there being one for their Book Club discussion and one that was about novels and poetry.
                    Go ahead and start a new one over there!
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      Sad but true!
                      For more re Probie Status: Thread link.

We used to have a few general non-scifi book discussion threads in Off Topic Chatter but they haven't been used for at least a decade.I remember there being one for their Book Club discussion and one that was about novels and poetry.
                      Go ahead and start a new one over there!
                      Finally a place to post my dirty limericks
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

There once was a young man from Australia...
                        sigpic

Comment

Now, I'm curious... how dirty can a limerick really be?
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Now, I'm curious... how dirty can a limerick really be?
                            Very, very dirty, filthy in fact.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

There once was a young man from Nantucket...
                              sigpic

Comment

Started a thread for non sci-fi/fantasy books, "Wha non sci-fi/fantasy book are you reading?" but I just noticed I left out a "T" in the title.

How do I correct this?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X