Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um that is what is not working! It will not add anyone to the ignore list. I don't want to make a buddy I want to ignore one. I do know how to do all the other things this is the first time I have needed to add someone to the ignore list and it isn't working. I post the correct name in the space provide and submit it and it comes back member does not exist (or such and such is not a member) and the name is then presented in all lowercase.

Comment

It looks like you'll have to ignore them via their profile.
      Do an advanced search by their user name and tick to show results as posts, you should then be able to click on their profile (next to the "posted by") and ignore them from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
        Um that is what is not working! It will not add anyone to the ignore list. I don't want to make a buddy I want to ignore one. I do know how to do all the other things this is the first time I have needed to add someone to the ignore list and it isn't working. I post the correct name in the space provide and submit it and it comes back member does not exist (or such and such is not a member) and the name is then presented in all lowercase.
        did you remember to hit the "Update Ignore List" button when you were done adding names? As an experiment, i added you to my ignore list, but forgot to hit the "Update Ignore List" button, so it didn't work the first time around. It worked after i hit the "Update Ignore List" button. I know it sounds like i'm asking a dumb quesion, but a perfectly valid one in the end.

p.s. I did remove you from my ignore when i was done, however.

Comment

So guys how many people do you have on ignore - I have no-ones
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

No one. I had someone on Ignore for about 5 minutes as an experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
              31 on friends, 32 on ignore. But I know that at least a few of those on ignore are dead sock puppets. I'm just not willing to remove them.

I have an extremely low tolerance for BS. I also tend to make a lot of enemies who will go out of their way to harrass and antagonize me. Hence the large list.

Comment

29 on my buddy list (including ShadowMatt, Qasim, and all the mods), 0 on my ignore list
                sigpic

Comment

What exactly does the buddy list do anyway? I know the ignore list blocks out posts.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                    What exactly does the buddy list do anyway? I know the ignore list blocks out posts.
                    Well I know it adds a "+" to the end of each person on your buddy list (found on the bottom of the Forum main page)
                    sigpic

Comment

Well it worked that time thanks guys. Oh and don't get me wrong this is the first time I have really felt the need to add anyone and I hope it wont be forever.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                        Well, i just tried adding names to my buddy list and it seems to work. (The names are in the list, but what the buddy list does i haven't a clue. As for not being able to see the member list, that's a feature that has been disabled by the Admins. Probably because there's 12,000+ members, and loading the data file for the list would likely crash certain browsers (likely the same issue that comes up with people using Internet Explorer to "View Forum Leaders").

One way to see a limited memberlist (the users currently on the forum now) is to Right Click on Forum link and select "Open in New Window." (Internet Explorer). Then click on "Currently Active Users" near the bottom of the page. The list that comes up shows you all the currently active users, but not the ENTIRE memberlist. If you want the entire memberlist, grab a copy of Firefox and hit the "View Forum Leaders" link, right above the "Currently Active Users" link. Don't use Internet Explorer to "View Forum Leaders." You'll freeze Explorer when you do.

Long winded answer that helps you out, hopefully.
                        I can vouch that Firefox 1.5RC1 also works ok with the View Forum Leaders page just for the record.

IE will display this page as I just did it. It "froze" for a good few minutes and finally displayed it. As IE usually likes to render the page in memory before displaying it, rather than display as it renders it like firefox does, I'm wondering if it just takes a long time to display. Plus as IE is rendering, you can't access the UI anyway, I'm guessing they never made it multithreaded (IE6 codebase is actually quite old), which I'm guessing firefox is.

When using firefox 1.5RC1 I did get a dialog saying that the script was not responding, stop script or continue. I clicked continue and it finished. It could be that that's holding IE up but IE doesn't give any information back, but it has NOT crashed, just processing.

When it comes to the categories:
                        Basic Trainees
                        Enlisted Personnel
                        Officer's Class

As to what category you're in, is it purely on post count or is it on rep points as well?
                        Last edited by srg; 07 November 2005, 01:26 PM.
                        srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Post count

Basic Trainees- less than 999 posts
                          Enlisted Personnel- 1,000 to 1,999 posts
                          Officer's Class- 2,000+ posts
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                            Officer's Class- 2,000+ posts
                            People like Joe and Rainbow are also in this group
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

People like Joe and Rainbow are also in this group
                              you mean RSF. post a link to his profile page (here at the gw forum)
                              sigpic

Comment

Joe Mallozzi - http://forum.gateworld.net/member.php?u=1438

Rainbow Sun Francks - http://forum.gateworld.net/member.php?u=7379
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X