Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used both Adblock and AdblockPlus on the desktop. They don't work on smartphones. I use Microsoft Edge on the desktop with regular Adblock. Had problems with plus on Edge. I also have Firefox to listen to talkstreamlive shows since adobe isn't working on Edge. Both ad blockers remove ads from Gateworld.

Comment

I'm just going to leave Firefox alone for now because I didn't see that annoying Toyota ad in there and it's only a secondary browser.

As for Chrome, I only see the annoying Toyota ad when Adblock Plus is disabled/turned off. I just figured if I could get the banner ads to load when Adblock Plus is enabled/turned on then I would see the banners ads and only those ads.

This is close to what I am trying to do (I know I'll have to do it for each banner ad if this is the answer but that's okay.): https://superuser.com/questions/8878...pecific-iframe
      and this also seems close too: https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24459
      Last edited by planet_tv; 17 January 2018, 01:39 AM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Ok, I'm sure this has been asked and and we a zillion times in the last few months, but I can finally afford to subscribe.
        How does one subscribe to get SGO? I was at Stargate Command and I didn't see anything about paying the $20.
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
          Ok, I'm sure this has been asked and and we a zillion times in the last few months, but I can finally afford to subscribe.
          How does one subscribe to get SGO? I was at Stargate Command and I didn't see anything about paying the $20.
          Are you a resident of the USA? Yes, pay through the website's all-access pages.
          Just click on a show, choose a series and then proceed to an episode. You'll get the pop-up warning that it's all-access only and from there you can start the process.

Or you choose from the menu on the left-hand side (which is hidden behind those 3 horizontal lines in the upper left corner, there should be a link to all-access), where you can go to your profice and surf the website very fast by switching pages rapidly (or as slow as it loads) and pick all-access. This method is also the way to go if you are surfing from your phone.

If you use the app -- then it's the same method as first described above. Pick any show, any season, a random episode, hit play and you'll get the payment pop-up.

If you are a resident of the UK, Germany, Australia, Canada or New Zealand, you can only pay for all-access in the app. The USA has both options (app or website).

If you are in a country outside of the scope of all-access, you can only watch the first 20 minutes and nothing else.

Sidenote: all-access ends May 15, 2018 so it's not a one-time lifetime payment, like many think, but only a one-time limited payment.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm here in the US. Turns out I was on some weird other site. Found the correct one and all necessary links.

I so fail at internet-ing.

Thanks for the walk through.
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              I'm here in the US. Turns out I was on some weird other site. Found the correct one and all necessary links.
              LOL!! You were at the original Stargate Command site, the one about the game?
              It's not weird, it's the original one. MGM came in second.

You're welcome.

Comment

Is anyone else getting an annoying sliding video ad just about anywhere you go on the forum?

I know there was one earlier in the year and then it went away but now it seems a new one has appeared.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Where can we submit ideas to forum themes to? is there a thread for that or do we need to contact one of the moderators?

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                    Where can we submit ideas to forum themes to? is there a thread for that or do we need to contact one of the moderators?
                    Here's the handy "Submit a theme"-thread.

Comment

Thank you, I am not sure how I managed to not see that thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                        Thank you, I am not sure how I managed to not see that thread...
                        I can imagine all too vividly...

Comment

Was anyone else having trouble getting to the forum from about 7 am to 2 pm Pacific time today? I'm trying to figure out whether it's something they've done at work.

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I do not know about your times, but last night here in Australia (West) from say 7pm to midnight I could not get on here.
                            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

That is my fault. I divided by 0 again
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Had problems several times today reaching GW.

Comment

Working...
                                X