Page 1 of 133 12341151101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stargate: Horizon Concept Artist TechnoWraith's Avatar

Question MEMBERS helping MEMBERS: General Help and Assistance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    From now on, leave the answering in this one thread to the mods. That means that if you're asking a question, it ought to be something that only the mods can answer. For everything else, let's start a new thread in this folder for members to get help from other members (such as 'Ask for Help'). That thread should probably be larger and busier than this one, since most questions about the forum and how things work shouldn't require mod attention, specifically.

Thanks!
    Well here it is: The GateWorld General Help and Assistance Thread.
    This thread is not designed to replace the "Ask the Mods" Thread. It is designed to allow members who have a question to ask other members for help or assistance. If your question cannot be answered in this thread, feel free to ask your question in the Ask the Mods thread.

Default Re: General Help and Assistance Thread

As I always seem to, I will be in here most days, not in this thread specificly but on the forum, any problems which another member can ask, just ask away!

Destiny Angel
    (Moderator)
    Body: UK; Soul: NZ; Spirt: out among the stars

I would also like to ask that, when replying to a question, do so with politness and civility. Even if it is a question that's been asked in the same day - just point them in the direction of the search tool, but without giving your answer a 'oh for goodness sake' kind of tone.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by S.G.C
    As I always seem to, I will be in here most days, not in this thread specificly but on the forum, any problems which another member can ask, just ask away!
    Likewise...I'd be quite willing to help anyone who needs it...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nerreasons.jpg
    ~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Stargate: Horizon Concept Artist TechnoWraith's Avatar

i'm always willing to help others out, too. That is one reason i started this thread. It helps the Mods, and it helps the members. I usually hit the forum at least twice a day, so i'll be around here quite a bit.

I refuse to help
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have. so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Destiny Angel
    (Moderator)
    Body: UK; Soul: NZ; Spirt: out among the stars

LOL Qasim! So why did you make a point of asking about it in the other thread

Exclamation Re: General Help and Assistance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Qasim
    I refuse to help
    Well, I'd help the other members, I'll answer other people's questions to the best of my abilities. Hell, I've been here longer than Qasim, but ShadowMaat has been here longer than I. So I'll help if I can.

Probie

Could you please elp me i have watched sargate atlantis 1-3 and stargate sg-1 1-10 and i have recently seen stargate ark of truth i dont know what next,either stargate atlantis season 4 or one of the movies .
    And i don't know the order of the films
    p.s please reply in [email protected] at [email protected]
    thanks -jamie

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

Ark of Truth takes place after between Unending and First Strike.

Continuum takes place after S&R
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Probie

I have no idea how to reply to someone who writes to me, not on a thread. I pretty much don't know how to do anything on this website. I feel very inadequate. Not a good feeling. Help please!

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Default Re: MEMBERS helping MEMBERS: General Help and Assistance Thread

Seeing this post was queued and cleared,I'd say you already figured out how to use the "Reply" button..and even how to change an inner title by using "Go Advanced", so what else do you need to know?

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Default Re : MEMBERS helping MEMBERS: General Help and Assistance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stargateobsessed View Post
    I have no idea how to reply to someone who writes to me, not on a thread. I pretty much don't know how to do anything on this website. I feel very inadequate. Not a good feeling. Help please!
    ^
    Also : To requote a post in your replies - click on the "Reply with Quote" button.

You'll find out a lot more by reading through the Forum FAQ,and the help threads "Stickied" in this section :

Examples :
    Probie Status for New Members
    How To Reply to a Post
    NEWBIES Handy Forum Tutorials!

Quote Originally Posted by Stargateobsessed View Post
    If you want to reply to someone in this manner (by quoting their message) you must click the "reply with quote" button in the lower right corner of their post. The "reply" button has the same effect as the "quick reply" box underneath the thread. The "+" button is for multiquoting several posts; you simply click it when you see several messages in the same thread you want to reply to in one post and click the "reply with quote" for the last one. Then you'll get all the quotes in your reply box. You can also use this feature through different threads (by quoting someone's post from thread A into thread B, along with other quotes you want in thread B) and other people can go to the original post by clicking on the blue/white ">>" after the poster's name in the quote.

If you want to send a personal/private message (which you can't yet as you're still a probie but you will after another 20 posts or so) you can click on the person's name and then choose "private message", that way only that person will be able to read it as it will end up in their inbox. If you want to say something off-topic specifically to that person but don't care who reads it then you can also go to their profile and leave a visitor's message, unless they have disabled that function on their account.

I think the rest is pretty much self-explanatory but if there's anything else I've overlooked then feel free to ask so that I or someone else can help.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories. /

Hi all, I'm relatively new here but can someone tell me of a thread to answer this question - What is the meaning of green boxes to the bottom of the post count, and how does one increase these?

Sorry, follow up Q - What is the meaning of the 'nicknames' under our user names?

Thanks all,
    Tony

You would really help yourself a lot by reading the first page at least of the Newbies X Treme Guide to Gateworld - it's choc-full of great info on just these sorts of questions and many, many more!
    Nola

p.s. - welcome aboard!

Thanks a lot Nola, this is really a little confusing. Nice welcome compared to other forums.

In arbitration with the voices in my head

Hi all, this has no doubt been answered before but I couldn't find the answer with the searches I did. How do you "name" a link to a thread?

Thanks.

Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

*Shakes her head at the children*

Go back to your own thread!!!
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have. so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri