Page 1 of 253 12341151101 ... LastLast
    Stargate: Horizon Concept Artist TechnoWraith's Avatar

Question MEMBERS helping MEMBERS: General Help and Assistance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    From now on, leave the answering in this one thread to the mods. That means that if you're asking a question, it ought to be something that only the mods can answer. For everything else, let's start a new thread in this folder for members to get help from other members (such as 'Ask for Help'). That thread should probably be larger and busier than this one, since most questions about the forum and how things work shouldn't require mod attention, specifically.

Thanks!
    Well here it is: The GateWorld General Help and Assistance Thread.
    This thread is not designed to replace the "Ask the Mods" Thread. It is designed to allow members who have a question to ask other members for help or assistance. If your question cannot be answered in this thread, feel free to ask your question in the Ask the Mods thread.

Default Re: General Help and Assistance Thread

As I always seem to, I will be in here most days, not in this thread specificly but on the forum, any problems which another member can ask, just ask away!

Destiny Angel
    (Moderator)
    Body: UK; Soul: NZ; Spirt: out among the stars

I would also like to ask that, when replying to a question, do so with politness and civility. Even if it is a question that's been asked in the same day - just point them in the direction of the search tool, but without giving your answer a 'oh for goodness sake' kind of tone.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by S.G.C
    As I always seem to, I will be in here most days, not in this thread specificly but on the forum, any problems which another member can ask, just ask away!
    Likewise...I'd be quite willing to help anyone who needs it...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nerreasons.jpg
    ~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

i'm always willing to help others out, too. That is one reason i started this thread. It helps the Mods, and it helps the members. I usually hit the forum at least twice a day, so i'll be around here quite a bit.

I refuse to help
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have. so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Destiny Angel
    (Moderator)

LOL Qasim! So why did you make a point of asking about it in the other thread

^Going off topic !!!

^ is one to talk
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have. so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

*Shakes her head at the children*

Go back to your own thread!!!
    love Torri

Why are you children asking such meaningless questions in my thread?

Destiny Angel
    (Moderator)

oooh Qasim we've been modded by TW

I consider my knuckles suitably rapped.

How come no one has asked a forum-related question yet?
    love Torri

Quote Originally Posted by Qasim
    How come no one has asked a forum-related question yet?
    Most likely, people don't know this thread exists yet. And it will take time for those who are used to posting all their inquiries in the "ask the mods" thread to start posting here.

This is sort of question I have noticed people on Ask Mod thread reporting forum loading being really slow, it’s perfectly fine at my end anyone else experiencing the same problem.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

The forum has been faster for me since the upgrade
    love Torri

Same here
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Looks like we are the lucky ones then
    love Torri

I have a question! I have a question! And it's really clueless, too, so I hope I came to the right place.

I've been trying to figure out some features of the Forum that I never use, because I don't understand how they work. (Yes, I've been here nearly a year and I still don't know what all the buttons do) . For example, there's a Quick Links Pull-Down for "Today's Posts" and a Menu Bar Button for "New Posts". Right now whether I click either one I end up with the same results, when what I want is just a list of the new posts since I last visited.

What do I need to do to get the results I want?