Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do people start "testing my sig" threads? Other than making sure it doesn't breach forum rules, isn't it easier to simply click on your own profile and look at it there?

Comment

They probably dont know how to get to their profile or that they even have one

They cant test in the edit signature preview because the buttons on the side make the page smaller than it is on the forum
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

There's a "testing" thread around here somewhere. It is a sig teasting thread, but i kind of evolved into testing other things, too. It's a good idea for a thread, and the thread itself is fairly large. I just forget where it is.

Comment

Newbies who have just made their first ever sig won't be able to see the sig until they post, cos their posts have sigs disabled until after the first sig's been made and making the sig doesn't un-disable the sig on those prior posts. Doing your first sig post in a testing thread means that there won't be any "Dude, you're sig's wierd!" posts to embarrass the poor wee thing if it doesn't turn out right.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
            "Dude, you're sig's wierd!"
            Hurley moment
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

I know, I said I would help, but it kinda helps if I understand what is being asked and I must say their is a distinct lack of questions

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                their is a distinct lack of questions
                You could always ask a question
                love Torri

Comment

Yes, but i dont need to know anything, thats not to say I know everything, I just dont need to ask a question

Comment

I don't seem to be able to start a new thread. I can post a reply to an old thread, but when I hit "New Thread" and type info into the box, I get the message, "You need more than two characters." Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by fan457
                      I don't seem to be able to start a new thread. I can post a reply to an old thread, but when I hit "New Thread" and type info into the box, I get the message, "You need more than two characters." Any ideas?
                      ... Are you making up a title?

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Im going with MM, you have to enter a title for your thread, and the message must be longer than two characters

Comment

The 2 character thing happens to some people because of a bug in the vb software but then Darren disabled the character limit so it shouldnt be happening

This should really be posted in http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17629
                          love Torri

Comment

Thanks for the help, but I am giving the thread a title, and the message is more than two characters. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Hit your back button (copy and paste your message first in a notepad) then do it all again... cross your fingers and submit the thread again, with the button at the bottom (don't use any submit button in the middle of the screen)
                              Hope it works

Comment

Would it be at all feasible to use this thread the same way Joe's discussion thread is used? If a non-mod wants to answer a question or someone wants to go off on a tangeant or whatever, how about bringing it over here?

Dunno about you, but I took Darren's injunction about "NO MORE CHATTER" seriously. Ditto the "NO NON-MODS ANSWERING QUESTIONS". So maybe dragging stuff over here would help alleviate some of that.

Granted, some of the people looking on the mod thread won't think to look here, but then, chances are they would prefer answers from a real mod, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X