Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot Nola, this is really a little confusing. Nice welcome compared to other forums.

Comment

Hi all, this has no doubt been answered before but I couldn't find the answer with the searches I did. How do you "name" a link to a thread?

Thanks.
      sigpic
      Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
        Hi all, this has no doubt been answered before but I couldn't find the answer with the searches I did. How do you "name" a link to a thread?

Thanks.
        you mean like this? if so, write the word/phrase (e.g "this"), then highlight it and click the on the second line of buttons in the editor. it'll give you a little pop-up window (not blocked by any pop-up blocker, as far as i know) wheere you can paste (Ctrl+V) the URL of th thread.
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Thanks!
          sigpic
          Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

did the daniel vala ship thread disappear i can't find it

it's called start shipping for daniel vala
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

name changed. discussion is in ask the mods a few days ago. here
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Hey there

I have a problem with the latest version of mozilla firefox 1.5.0.7 because of it it won't make a connection to ANY website. Now I'm forced to use IE. I deleted FF and reinstalled it but nothing. What to do ?
                Lord Zedd

Comment

go back to 1.5.0.6 there a few bugs in 1.5.0.7

for me 7 kept freezing it's still bugging you might have to wait i went back to 1.5.0.6 no probelms
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                    Hey there

I have a problem with the latest version of mozilla firefox 1.5.0.7 because of it it won't make a connection to ANY website. Now I'm forced to use IE. I deleted FF and reinstalled it but nothing. What to do ?
                    I'm running the same version with no problems, apart from the RAM it gobbles up.

Are you using a software firewall by any chance? You might have to allow access again in the firewall settings as the firewall might recognise it as a changed program.
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                      Hey there

If you have a firewall, you may have unknowingly restricted internet access to the file: "firefox.exe", which would explain why it is only Firefox being affected.

Alternatively, try reinstalling the old Firefox version followed by using 'System Restore' to revert back to the registry settings you had just before the installation of the new version of Firefox.

Note: Using 'System Restore' may screw up any programs that were installed after the registry settings you choose to revert to.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm an amature animator /student of graphic arts. I use screen shots from my favorite science fiction movies and tv shows to create my animations. I'm in a bit of a pickle as neather yahoo nor google image searches will yeild a usable image of anubis' mind probe. If someone who has such an image siting under a stack of files in their dusty hard drive would post it I would be most apriciative. thank you

Comment

Have you tried http://www.stargatecaps.com/ ? You're likely to find something there.
                          Nola
                          sigpic

Comment

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. I used the search feature, but none of the search terms I'm using are working.

In the "Alternate Universes" forums (like Lost, and BG) there seem to be old threads that I can't see. When I check out a person's profile and look at the list of threads they've contributed to, I find these "disappeared threads". If I follow the link from their profile, then add a reply to one of these missing threads, it magically appears in the forum!

Another member mentioned that it is probably some kind of archiving thing for older threads, but I'm trying to "catch up" and want to know what has already been discussed.

How do I reset my preferences so that when I go to an "Alternate" forum, I see ALL the threads?

AT
                            thistledown
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thistledown
                              Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. I used the search feature, but none of the search terms I'm using are working.

In the "Alternate Universes" forums (like Lost, and BG) there seem to be old threads that I can't see. When I check out a person's profile and look at the list of threads they've contributed to, I find these "disappeared threads". If I follow the link from their profile, then add a reply to one of these missing threads, it magically appears in the forum!

Another member mentioned that it is probably some kind of archiving thing for older threads, but I'm trying to "catch up" and want to know what has already been discussed.

How do I reset my preferences so that when I go to an "Alternate" forum, I see ALL the threads?

AT

OK - when viewing the forum in question, go to the bottom and look for

Display Options
                              Showing threads 1 to 22 of 46
                              Sorted By [menu] Sort Order [menu]
                              From The [menu]

change the 'From The' dropdown menu from 'one month' to 'beginning' and click the 'show threads' box

edit - that's not a permanent fix ... there may be something in your control panel that will set it to permanently show all threads from the beginning.

edit 2

and here's the permafix:

go to my controls

on the left side go to 'edit options'

scroll down to 'Default Thread age cut off', and change from 'Use forum default' to 'show all threads'

go to the very bottom to click on the 'save changes' box
                              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
                                go to my controls

on the left side go to 'edit options'

scroll down to 'Default Thread age cut off', and change from 'Use forum default' to 'show all threads'

go to the very bottom to click on the 'save changes' box
                                Thank you SO much!

AT
                                thistledown
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X