X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MEMBERS helping MEMBERS: General Help and Assistance Thread

Originally posted by Darren
    From now on, leave the answering in this one thread to the mods. That means that if you're asking a question, it ought to be something that only the mods can answer. For everything else, let's start a new thread in this folder for members to get help from other members (such as 'Ask for Help'). That thread should probably be larger and busier than this one, since most questions about the forum and how things work shouldn't require mod attention, specifically.

Thanks!
    Well here it is: The GateWorld General Help and Assistance Thread.
    This thread is not designed to replace the "Ask the Mods" Thread. It is designed to allow members who have a question to ask other members for help or assistance. If your question cannot be answered in this thread, feel free to ask your question in the Ask the Mods thread.

As I always seem to, I will be in here most days, not in this thread specificly but on the forum, any problems which another member can ask, just ask away!

Comment

I would also like to ask that, when replying to a question, do so with politness and civility. Even if it is a question that's been asked in the same day - just point them in the direction of the search tool, but without giving your answer a 'oh for goodness sake' kind of tone.

Thanks.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
        As I always seem to, I will be in here most days, not in this thread specificly but on the forum, any problems which another member can ask, just ask away!
        Likewise...I'd be quite willing to help anyone who needs it...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

i'm always willing to help others out, too. That is one reason i started this thread. It helps the Mods, and it helps the members. I usually hit the forum at least twice a day, so i'll be around here quite a bit.

Comment

I refuse to help
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

LOL Qasim! So why did you make a point of asking about it in the other thread
              sigpic

Comment

^Going off topic !!!

Comment

^ is one to talk
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

*Shakes her head at the children*
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Go back to your own thread!!!
                      love Torri

Comment

Why are you children asking such meaningless questions in my thread?

Comment

oooh Qasim we've been modded by TW

I consider my knuckles suitably rapped.
                          sigpic

Comment

How come no one has asked a forum-related question yet?
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                              How come no one has asked a forum-related question yet?
                              Most likely, people don't know this thread exists yet. And it will take time for those who are used to posting all their inquiries in the "ask the mods" thread to start posting here.

Comment

Working...
                              X