No announcement yet.

Fallout (714)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were a Goa'uld, I would certainly change my evil ways for Jonas Quinn.

Awesome to have him back, even if just for one last episode.

Comment

This was an interesting episode.

It was good to see Jonas again, even if it is the last time we'll ever see him *fist shake*. I liked Jonas (I guess it's because Season 6 was the first season I completely watched), despite being a replacement for Daniel.

Anybody else find Kianna more sexy with all those scars on her face? I blame the makeup crew.

Tomorrow, Osiris is back to mess with Daniel. Oh, and another DeLuise guest stars.
      sigpic

Comment

It was good to see Jonas again, despite the 'hair'! The fashion on his planet had turned very 'Contemporary Tau'ri' casual style too!

I loved the idea of an almost 'Tok'ra' Goa'uld. I always thought that the Tok'ra had to start somehow and it only took one Goa'uld, Egeria thinking a different way, and it was displayed here again by Keyanna.

LeftHandedGuitarist: LOL, the ambassador's beard...... it did deserve its own credit at the end for its performance!!!!

I've just realised, this seems to be an episode of weird fashion statements!!!! Almost forgot about the dire situation Jonas' planet was in and how the day was saved by the Tau'ri and a Goa'uld with an idea used in the movie 'The Core', this episode was better than that though, even without the special effects budget!!!!

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Not bad, not great...
          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

This seems like such a dull episode for Jonas to go out on. The concept of naquadria being unnatural is interesting one but I feel like it was just glossed over to put Sam and Tealc in a drilling machine with Jonas. Kiyana being a Goa'uld was obvious the second the drilling machine was presented considering the lack of technology the Langarians have. The Langarians fighting seems to have been done before. It seems pointless to return to that. As much as I loved the Jonas character I was sadden to see such a great character to end with such a poor episode.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I really dug this episode, but let me drill down into it more. It was great seeing Jonas again even though he had a stupid haircut. I agree with some of the people that said he got the cold shoulder from everyone except Sam.

One problem with the episode was they never said anything about messaging baal. You might say they really dropped the Baal on that one. I also didn't like how Jonas haircut matched his girlfriend's haircut. Couldn't stop thinking how silly it looked. Thought they were going to breakout in beetles songs.

The main storyline was really good. They got to the core of the problem quickly. The b plot with the Goa'uld turned good was also nice. I wish that she survived for future episodes.

Comment

Finally there is a good goauld(not the Tokra).I cant help but to think what will Jonas do if the goauld is still alive after the drilling work. A sad but touching ending is predictable, but I dont really appreciate it.

Comment

Jonas Quinn is back! And so are the Langarians... oh gosh, I'm with Jack on this one. No patience in the world is enough to stick it out with these people.

It's also the his and her-style episode. So, that's what's fashionable on Langaria now... hairstyle wise anyway.
                  But they were such a nice pair together. Too bad his girlfriend turns out to be a Goa'uld. Good thing, we're best friends with the Tok'ra who can help out when it so pleases them.

And we learn a bit more about naquadria and naquadah. Interesting science!

I really enjoyed this episode, and I loved seeing Jonas again even if it's only for one episode.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                    One of the things I liked about Fallout (aside from yummy Jonas...even with that haircut) was that it raised some interesting points about Gou'ald. The Gou'ald in whats-her-name seemed to be, if not good, at least conflicted. And what she did at the end was almost self-less. It would be interesting to see if a Gou'ald could legitimately become Tokra.
                    I wonder if it was cause she seemed smitten with Jonas that she was 'turning'.

As far as the ep goes.. it was decent (better than bloodlines or grace imo) but lacking for impact.

Comment

Sg1 is needed and comes to help - nice.
                      Jonas Quinn is back - cute as ever and in love!
                      Useless discussions not only on Earth but all over the galaxy - nice.
                      O'Neill finds a way to end that - nicer.
                      A Goau'ld turning good - the nicest event.
                      Good ep, I liked it.
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                        Sg1 is needed and comes to help - nice.
                        Jonas Quinn is back - cute as ever and in love!
                        Useless discussions not only on Earth but all over the galaxy - nice.
                        O'Neill finds a way to end that - nicer.
                        A Goau'ld turning good - the nicest event.
                        Good ep, I liked it.
                        A rare occasion were O'Neill's adolescent personality is of use.

Comment

I just watched "The Core" in Syfy yesterday. Story about a female Air Force or Navy officer who joins an all male team of scientists and geniuses to take a very techy vehicle to the core of the earth in order to release several nuclear bombs into the core to try to get it to start rotating again. Only she and one of the scientists survive, but they accomplish the task.

I thought, when watching the female officer (Hillary Swank being the actress) in her uniform in a few scenes that she looked a lot like Sam Carter and so could see Sam in a situation similar to this. The movie came out in 2003.

Fast forward to about a year later in Season 7 of SG1 to the episode "Fallout" (which aired in 2004), which is a very similar script to the movie, but in this we have Sam, Teal'c, Jonas Quinn and his girlfriend (who has a goa'uld hiding in her) take a huge vehicle to near the center of Jonas' home planet in order to drop a nuke into some material that is causing lots of earthquakes and other problems, in order to blow it up and release the pressure that has been building.

Verrrry similar episode, written or suggested by Corin Nemec. I wonder if the producers realized how similar the movie and their episode were to each other.

Comment

While similar in a drill and bombs, they were not really similar in plot. Though i also liked the Core.. More for Ekhart than swank.

Comment

Yes it's similar to the Core, imo a very mediocre movie. But Jonas had more to do in Fallout than the whole sixth season.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                This seems like such a dull episode for Jonas to go out on. The concept of naquadria being unnatural is interesting one but I feel like it was just glossed over to put Sam and Tealc in a drilling machine with Jonas. Kiyana being a Goa'uld was obvious the second the drilling machine was presented considering the lack of technology the Langarians have. The Langarians fighting seems to have been done before. It seems pointless to return to that. As much as I loved the Jonas character I was sadden to see such a great character to end with such a poor episode.
                                I have to agree with jelgate here.

Comment

Working...
                                X