No announcement yet.

Fallout (714)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone else notice how uncomfortable the 'briefing' scene was when Jonas came back? RDA barely even looked at CN, and didn't say anything to him once.

CN's sendoff in "Homecoming" didn't really seem all that chummy either, even as far as Jack's character goes.

Could there be some bad blood here that no-one has spoken about?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I don't think Jack ever really forgave Jonas on some level for what happened to Daniel. Even after Daniel came back, he still felt that because the folks from Jonas's planet had caused his death, Jack could hold the grudge. However, in this episode, we can guess that Jack did say something to Jonas;it just wasn't shown in that particular scene.
      SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Well what I really meant was bad blood offscreen between RDA and CN.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

We got to see Jonas again, which is good! Was a little startled over his hair. However, the story wasn't that bad.
          The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

I didn't mind this episode, but mainly because it was really great to see Jonas again. It was also good to see a goa'uld who wasn't completely evil and actually changed for the better because she had feelings for Jonas. It was quite an interesting development and wished it could have been explored more.
            "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
            S/J all the way!
            Big Honkin' Resolution!
            sigpic
            John/Teyla Shipper!
            SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Did anyone else notice how uncomfortable the 'briefing' scene was when Jonas came back? RDA barely even looked at CN, and didn't say anything to him once.

CN's sendoff in "Homecoming" didn't really seem all that chummy either, even as far as Jack's character goes.

Could there be some bad blood here that no-one has spoken about?

I thought the briefing room scene was awkward too. No one looked that happy to see Jonas. That seems weird to me especially since he spent a year on the SG-1 team and proved his loyalty, integrity and kindness many times over.

Maybe Jack et al couldn't get past Jonas' hair. It must be the style for young, hip Kelownan academics.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                Maybe Jack et al couldn't get past Jonas' hair. It must be the style for young, hip Kelownan academics.

yep. it's the hair. i wish they would have explored more about the goauld. i believe she must really have some feelings for Jonas. she may still be a power hungry goauld, but it's possible for her to feel some form of affection towards jonas.

and what did she say about her host being amazing or something. does this have something to do with jonas's dna? are all kelownan like jonas?

the council annoyed me. my goodness! their planet is about to go boom and they are still arguing politics?! jack did the right thing. where were they suppose to evacuate the people?

Comment

I love to see Jonas again and glad to know he started a new life and with a new love. I didn't quite see Jack's uneasiness towards Jonas. I just think it's his inclination to not showing too much care towards anyone, at least superficially.
                  sigpic
                  Sign by me

Comment

Also liked to see Jonas, but for me the main point of the episode was the attempt at "humanizing" the goa'uld.I hope they do it more in the future.
                    My blog:Nuno Barreto's Blog

Comment

i thought it was an ok episode.
                      it was good to see Jonas again.
                      loved his hair.

-Kat

Stargate SG-1

The best thing to ever happen to TV...and LIFE!

Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

I like this episode. I never had a problem having Jonas around, so it was nice to see him again. Also this episode didn't had this "forced vibe" in it, which could have been expected when bringing Jonas back all of the sudden. But like said - I didn't get that kind of vibe at all. And the Goa'oul twist was definitely good in the story. So this is one of the better episodes from season 7 for me.

Comment

i like this episode. we found out how naquada turned to naquadria and we got to see Jonas again that is always good in my book
                          sigpic

Comment

Amanda Tapping portrayed Carter as fairly happy to see Jonas again, but I agree with Digi. I didn't really see that with anyone else. I found it rather jarring upon rewatching the episode last night. I hope there wasn't any bad blood. I know Corin Nemec still goes to cons and all; I'd imagine he would have said something, at some point, about... something. Even just a little bit.

In my mind -- and indeed, I believe the writers did reasonably well at between-the-lines implying this -- Jonas saw SG-1 every few months or so, if nothing else than just to keep in-touch and for trading, etc. It's things like this later on into SG-1 that are a bit awkward for me, though. I'm reminded of the Season 9 mention of Langarra's Ori occupation. And where is Ish'ta in 9, 10 and beyond? Argh!
                            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

With regard to Jack being uncomfortable, possibly it's just he was totally disgusted with the politics on that planet...perhaps it was a painful reminder of how much we squabble here on earth over "things".

I have to agree with everyone who hated Jonas' hair... it was really unbecoming as were those outfits. Their stylists (Kyanna as well) should be fired...although I don't suppose it really matters now.

Comment

What is up with Jonas' hair???
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X