Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout (714)

Stargate Fallout (714)

Visit the Episode GuideDISCUSS ...
    FALLOUT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 714

When the Kelownans discover that a massive underground vein of naquadah is being converted into naquadria, Jonas Quinn seeks help from Earth in avoiding the total destruction of his planet.

Visit the Episode Guide >>
    Last edited by Darren; January 24th, 2007 at 06:51 PM.

Default Fallout Question...

Maybe I just missed it like 10 times, but what ever happens with Baal? Do they just not say? Wasn't he waiting for whats-her-name to send him a message back, but then she died?
    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Default Re: Fallout Question...

I guess it's an unanswered question, which might be touched on in Season 8 if they decide to revisit Jonas again. Ba'al probably decided she'd failed and either sent another agent or gave it up as a bad job and pretended he was never interested.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Spoilers, Season 8;

Well, we already know that Ba'al is returning in season eight. That would be great if he question Earth about that situation. Perhaps it gives Jonas a reson to return for a episode! YAY

"Oi! Where's my spy?"

Exclamation Re: Fallout Question...

Personlly i have more urgent questions, whent they drilled thorugh that magma pocket why didn't it pout down on top of them when they were through???

Banner By JME2

You host a good question. Where does all that rubble and rock disappear to. It can't be pushed down through the ground. A large amount was at the sides but nowhere near the amount there should be

I seee....this Baal thing is the only lleft out thing that has really bothered me. They made such a big deal about Baal maybe going to Kelowna in the ep....

...and he never did. It's a shame really. I would have like to have known how that would have been dealt with since their security was meant to be better since the attack of Anubis

I guess that with no definite reports from his agent, Ba'al decided that Kelowna was low down on the list compared to - oh, say, super-soldiers. If Jane Bond Goa'uld had called in to say there was this super-element lying around, he would have been all over Kelowna like ugly on an iguana, but without that it's just a curiosity.

I guess you're correct. With Anubis taking over the entire galaxy in a matter of weeks Ba'al will be more concerned with the strength of his fleet. Who would care about one secret operative on the planet?

Yeah, but Anubis's superweapon and who-knows-what else was powered by naquadria. If you could take the planet that Anubis depended on, and occaisonally popped in to say 'hi', you could do some damage.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Quote Originally Posted by SGSlugger
    Yeah, but Anubis's superweapon and who-knows-what else was powered by naquadria. If you could take the planet that Anubis depended on, and occaisonally popped in to say 'hi', you could do some damage.
    Anubis' superweapon was power by "Eyes" These were blown up in "Fallen." In "Fallen" he proped the mind of Jonas Quin and learned of Kelowna and naqaudria. He invaded Kellowna and tried to use naquadria to power the main gun, however not even Anubis or Thoth could account for the instability of the naquadria and Anubis Supermothership suffered damages when the waepon overloaded.

Banner By JME2

That wasn't Thoth was it? Anubis shot the poor luckless SOB who tried to Macguyver a naquadria generator for the big badda boom; Thoth was off somewhere else, possibly working on the kull project already.

I thought that they didn't have enough time to get it working? I dunno I haven't seen it in a while; I'll have to go back and rewatch it. Spoilers (highlight): they could have been expirementing with it if they took some with them when they escaped.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Prophet
    That wasn't Thoth was it? Anubis shot the poor luckless SOB who tried to Macguyver a naquadria generator for the big badda boom; Thoth was off somewhere else, possibly working on the kull project already.
    Well whne i saw it a tohugh it was the same guy, could be wrong.

Anyway I'm sure Anubis has a sarc.

Also he can't be working on the SS right then because he needs the knowedge from Jonas' mind about Egeria's blank babies to do it.

Banner By JME2

Welll, for that bit of the project, sure, but I figure he's working on something of the sort. I have him working with primordial Goa'uld from somewhere in Season 6, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Prophet
    I guess that with no definite reports from his agent, Ba'al decided that Kelowna was low down on the list compared to - oh, say, super-soldiers. If Jane Bond Goa'uld had called in to say there was this super-element lying around, he would have been all over Kelowna like ugly on an iguana, but without that it's just a curiosity.
    I guess....but as the all powerful Goa'uld that he is, wouldnt he want ANY advantage over the visibly powerful Anubis, knowing that Anubis DID travel there for some reason. I'm sure he wouldn't be like "Well...Anubis must've just though it was a nice vacation spot, I will leave it be, even though I haven't heard back from my secret operative."

Ba'al isn't close to all-powerful though. He's under a great deal of pressure from Anubis, and from the other System Lords; especially Yu.

Kelowna is a curiosity; it's possible Anubis only went there because of another SG-1 decoy. We know for a fact that the long-range communications system is insecure, so his agent is probably under instructions to contact him only if she had vital information. No word means nothing of interest.

I'd like to see a Goa'uld try to take over Orchard Park Mall in the real-world Kelowna!

It would be interesting if Goa'uld found a way to clone themselves (through stolen Asgard technology) because if one physical body fell, the next one would be in line -- although it does beg the question, would clones of someone as power-hungry as Ba'al fight amongst themselves?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast