No announcement yet.

Fallout (714)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We know that a Goa'uld can legitimately become Tok'ra. Her name was Egeria.

IIRC, it was never stated that the spy had ever sent a report. If I'm honest, I basically agree with you, but I do think that Ba'al probably has many more important things to worry about.

Ba'al has lost - to our certain knowledge - a secret gravitic research facility and a powerful sidekick (which reminds me that Prophecy suggests that thorough espionage is not his strongest suit), a gang of ships and Jaffa in fighting against Yu and almost certainly a whole mess more against Nuby. Now he has to contend with holding together the alliance of System Lords against Anubis, finding out what exactly happened to Yu, possibly hiding Yu's infirmity from the rest of the SLs so that the power in the alliance doesn't enter into the more terminal forms of interstellar diplomacy, watching his back in case Yu forgets they're supposed to be buddies, watching his back in case the rest of the SLs remember they're Goa'uld, finding new Jaffa, breaking in new lieutenants, building new ships and generally positioning himself for the next break in the pack. He's going to be kinda swamped.

I just feel Kelowna might look an awful lot like a couple of deflector generators in the Hoth system.

Of course, now that Nuby's gone and he's apparently settling himself into the top spot, the super soldiers might give him the breathing room to start wondering about it again.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
      One of the things I liked about Fallout ........... was that it raised some interesting points about Gou'ald. The Gou'ald in whats-her-name seemed to be, if not good, at least conflicted. And what she did at the end was almost self-less. It would be interesting to see if a Gou'ald could legitimately become Tokra.
      For me, that was the most interesting thing about the episode. Right from the begining we've been told that the Gou'ald are evil , no shades of grey, just evil. Now we have a Gou'ald who seemed to take on the feelings and conflicts of the host and who sacrificed itself so the host could live. For me, that's a huge deal and one that I would like to see explored. I was very disappointed that it wasn't even really commented on as being unusual to the point of being unheard of and has never been followed up. I would like to think that it would be followed up in S8 but I think it would cause too many ethical/moral dilemmas for the structure of the show to be able to cope with as it is now. It reminds me of all the debates that went on in fandom after Spike chose to get a soul in BtVS, sadly, I don't think the present PTB are capable or are interested in, looking at the implications of a Gou'ald acting in a selfless and good way. I think the days of Stargate exploring moral/ethical dilemmas such as Scorched Earth or Red Sky are long gone.

Comment

It's because Jonas is so irresistible he can even turn a goa'uld good! Now that's what I call charisma! hehe

Comment

Perhaps there is some uncertainy in the ranks of the younger Goa'ulds?
          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Presumably the fewer times a Goa'uld has been through a sarcophagus - and the longer it has been since they were last in one - the more 'decent' they'll be. Most of them would probably still be pretty vile - Tanith had after all never been in a sarc - but not exclusively, invariably and irredeemably evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
              Presumably the fewer times a Goa'uld has been through a sarcophagus - and the longer it has been since they were last in one - the more 'decent' they'll be. Most of them would probably still be pretty vile - Tanith had after all never been in a sarc - but not exclusively, invariably and irredeemably evil.
              Personally, I doubt that the sarc has much to do with it. That's too easy an excuse, in my book. I prefer to think of it as more akin to what happened in Unnatural Selection: sometimes a "flaw" simply develops.

Comment

Hmm. Clearly the sarcophagus does have an effect - we saw that effect on Daniel - but that's only a part of what makes the Goa'uld tick. My personal theory is that it relates to a conjunction of:

a) the effects of the sarcophagus;
                b) the exact content of the genetic memory which the Goa'uld can access; and
                c) general life experience.

So basically, a Goa'uld's personality is the product of their own experiences + the 'experiences' of their ancestors, held in their genetic memory. Most of them are so steeped in blood that they can't see any way but death and craziness. What the sarcophagus does is skew that personality towards the 'evil sadistic *******/*****' setting.

Comment

I've always thought it would be interesting to see what sort of Gou'ald Teal'c's symbiot would have made. How much effect would his time spent with the Tau'ri influence the mature Gou'ald's view of humans. Along the same lines, it would be intersting to see what sort of Gou'ald Yu's First Prime's symbiot would be. He seems quite different from other First Prime's and remains in his service and is very protective of him, even though he must know that his Master is not a God. I wonder how much symbiosis there is between a Jaffa host and it's symbiot. (we should probably open up a new thread for this as it's getting way off topic )

Comment

I hate Jonas... why is he back!

Comment

awww... the only nice goa'uld dies.

Comment

or they turn out to actually be evil.

Comment

I didn’t like this episode, ok storyline, but didn’t like watching much, also, Jonas what a complete muppet, just cause he went back home doesn’t mean he has to have hair like that! I didn’t like that Goa'uld much, why on earth would she risk her life for good.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

I liked parts of it. The nfo about turning Nq into Nr was nice, since it means we could do it ourselves.

Comment

I thought this was a poor episode, with more holes than a swiss cheese. It was nice to see Jonas, but I wish he had been in a better episode.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                                One of the things I liked about Fallout (aside from yummy Jonas...even with that haircut) was that it raised some interesting points about Gou'ald. The Gou'ald in whats-her-name seemed to be, if not good, at least conflicted. And what she did at the end was almost self-less. It would be interesting to see if a Gou'ald could legitimately become Tokra.
                                I agree with Shiperahoy with this.

If they do a season nine, maybe they could dwell on this aspect.

Comment

Working...
                                X