No announcement yet.

Fallout (714)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time I ever saw Fallout. I liked the episode, although surprised that was Jonas under the hair. Baron of Hell and L Michelle got concerned, but I assumed Kelowna was going through it's version of the sixties. And Kiana certainly explained similarities.

If Nemec wrote it, it was good writing. Like other movies? Most TV/Movies steal from everyone else, but I thought the need to stop the explosion and the bickering among the delegates nicely played. Some of you find it tiring, but would we on earth in say, the Cold War have been any different?

I do think Jonas was a good character, and Corin makes him stand out in every scene. I also enjoyed seeing the depiction of the planet's technology...workable, but obviously behind ours. Remember, we got to the Moon on less advanced stuff then we have today. Why ain't we going back??? And what happened to Mars???

Jack O'Neill's anger...probably a lot of resentment at losing Daniel. Said 'you were dicking around' to the delegates. You can tell SG1 made it to cable.

The Goauld character offered a good twist, although their changing character must be taken with a grain of salt. I think the Goauld, for some reason, find Jonas and his race (possibly due to his DNA) more intriguing and potentially helpful to them then us uppity, primitive Tauri. That's what's frustrating...Jona's world has so much potential, but they waste it on wars, power struggles, and which nation can best survive a catastrophe. I thought the actress playing the Kelowan representative did good eye movements.
    As the creators said, it was too expensive to have Jonas as a recurring character, but we all miss him. He should be Kelowna's president. With the hair, he could be their Kennedy.

Comment

An episode with Jonas Quinn, written by Corin Nemec, and featuring pretty much everyone in some capacity and most of all doing something to move the story forward.

Daniel and Jack doing diplomacy -- Jack a little less and more in his usual way. Teal'c, Sam and Jonas digging a hole into Langara's crust to save the planet from annihilation.

The story is simple and on a whole not complicated. The insertion of the Goa'uld was clever, and she wasn't doing it for the good of the people. She was still working for her own gain -- her own empire. That line was brilliant, "There goes my empire!".

But what is it with Goa'uld falling for Jonas. First there's Nirrti finding him fascinating, and now Kiana.
      I think he has a type -- he just doesn't know it.

I do wonder, though, how that story continues and I'm rather disappointed this is the last time we see Jonas. In that regard, this episode falls a little short. I wonder if there's an episode linked fanfic about these two. Mmmm...

How would you rate SG-1's "Fallout"?

Excellent -- hell yeah! Very much enjoyed it!
      Good
      Fair
      Poor
      Terrible

-----------EDIT---------------

3-episode quiz: Evolution II, Grace & Fallout

Jigsaw puzzle: Fallout
      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 13 August 2019, 02:13 PM.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

3:35 (Yes Really)
        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
          3:35 (Yes Really)
          No worries -- I believe you!

Comment

But do you believe I got a perfect quiz score and did puzzle in 1:35.

Can we talk about the Goa'uld is named Thanos? I want to see his gauntlet. I think I saw a movie about this episode. The B plot of the squabbling diplomats and the insight into how the problem occurred is actually more entertaining the plot. I find drilling into the planet's crust dull. It was also obvious from the start the motivation of Kianna the spy. Goodbye Jonas. I miss you already. Too bad you left on a poor episode
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              But do you believe I got a perfect quiz score and did puzzle in 1:35.
              I do.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Can we talk about the Goa'uld is named Thanos? I want to see his gauntlet.
              I tried not to think about it because I didn't like that particular Endgame -- thought it was boring as hell.

Though, I imagine, Thanos was a busy boy in his haydays.

Comment

2:43 -- another quickie

Comment

Jonas Quiiiiiin- yaaaay I was really happy to see him again. I liked him more with shorter hairstyle but never mind. Pretty ok episode.
                  Dialog between Daniel and Jonas in the end:
                  Daniel: Miss it?
                  Jonas: Yeah, I do.
                  Me: I miss you toooo
                  I hoped that Daniel would add- You can stay here, we want you back

Comment

Working...
                  X