TPTB's final attempt at embarrassing him
        now that I believe.
        sigpic

Comment

i think that was a tok'ra in the making
          too bad it had to die
          R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

I've watched this ep a few times now on DVD and get the feeling that there were few, if any, actual scenes filmed with Daniel and Jonas together. I think they used a lot of trick cuts and green-screens. Look, for instance, at the briefing scene at the beginning, especially the very end scenes with Jonas standing next to Daniel in the chair. The lighting makes it look like a green screen effect. The same for the scene at the end by the Stargate. Lots of cuts from one to the other, and the only time they stand next to each other it is a shot of Jonas with a stand-in shoulder next to him.

I think there was more going on politic-wise than we know. I'm not convinced they were ever in the same room for this ep.

Comment

I did enjoy this episode, despite some of the issues voiced by others. Yes, I have to say, Jonas' hair had me raise an eyebrow in the best Teal'c fashion I am able to exert. ; ) although, I think that Jonas and his girlfriend are cute. matchymatchy. ; ) I am in the camp that likes Jonas. I wish they had done a better job of keeping him in the "loop" as a secondary character, mentioned and revisited once in awhile, so I was glad to see him. This is the saddest thing, IMHO, about most TV shows. Things just get dropped like lead balloons and never brought up again. Alas. Anyway, I thought it was a neat episode..with hints of those good old moral and ethical issues. I like the mess that Kelowna is always in and I like the trouble they cause for Earth. : )

Watching it again, i was more struck by Jack's reaction in the briefing room in the near beginning when he reacts so strongly about the delegates arguing and stomps out. The first time i watched this, it didn't really hit me, but this time it did. It really seemed to me that he was taking it pretty hard about having to listen to these idiots squabble after what they had gone through the first time with Daniel dying to save their planet. I really think that is a big part of why he reacted as he did and initially stalked out leaving Daniel at the elevator. He needed to deal with it all. And it struck me even more that Teal'c did too! That whole scene at the elevator struck me as odd initially and kinda mean that they would just desert Daniel, but then thinking about it more, I really think that Jack and Teal'c were pretty steamed about current situations and this new mess and needed to regroup. (probably with some jell-o!) Cuz later, Jack came and just "let'em have it" and was a lot more sympathetic to Daniel.

One more thing...just loved it on the "drill" thing when Keyanna said "Shol'va" about Teal'c and Sam looks at him and he just raises his eyebrow and looks away. I'd swear that Teal'c is SICK and TIRED of hearing that!! ; ) I just thought it was hilarious. Where in earlier seasons, he'd probably just have tilted his head, now he's looking away in a display of pure Tau'ri irritation! Priceless.
              Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

I really liked this episode, great to see Jonas Quinn again. The whole naquadria situation was interesting too. Was this the first time in history that a Goa'uld, as opposed to a Tok'ra symbiote, sacrificed itself so that its host might live?
                sigpic

Comment

This episode does not sit well for me, although it was kind of nice to see Jonas again.
                  But it's clear, at least by one measure, Stargate Universe is going out with a social supersonic boom.

Comment

I was really glad to see Jonas again. I felt he should have stayed longer at SGC. Not at the expense of Daniel of course..

Comment

Since when does your average goa'uld working for a system lord become a nice guy - a Tok'ra in the making??

And what would happen once Baal and his forces return and find out what happened on the planet??

Comment

Loved seeing Jonas back, it's one of the series major faults - in my opinion - that he didn't become a recurring character. That, and Kelowna/Langara is a pretty interesting planet with some good story options. The episode itself is a fairly intriguing one, at least for the first half; once the drilling starts it turns into a fairly predictable "end-of-the-world-we-need-a-crazy-mission-to-save-it" movie.

For the most part. The situation with the Goa'uld wasn't predictable, and I'm very pleased Kianna survived. And the male ambassador's beard was amazing.

RATING: 7.5 out of 10
                        Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Good to see Jonas again, but the hair!? Poor guy. Interesting to have a nuanced Goa'uld character. And best of all was Jacks reaction to the bickering ambasadors. Nice.
                          I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
                          -Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City part 1.

Comment

May be i would be from the minority which actually likes Jonas' hair and thinks hes cut Anyway, glad to see him again and i think the story by CN was cool and interesting to follow. One of my favorite ep of the season

Comment

Jonas! Great to see him for the last time (I think). Pity the ep was pretty average imo.

Pretty shocking that a Goa'uld would sacrifice itself.
                              sigpic

Comment

Tuesday night...another ep of SG1.

1. Given that this was Jonas's comeback ep and I did kind of like the guy I was looking forward to this...

2. And then I saw his Gordon Tracy haircut!

3. Like that they ressurected the Sam-Jonas friendship.

4. Didn't call the Goa'uld as JOnas's girlfriend, unlucky mate.

5. Not a bad stunt with the diplomats.

6. Think some peeps may be overanalysing the backstage politics - I've been tto enough cons since SG1 S7 - someone would have let something slip by now!

Solid ep though.
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X