Fallout (714)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
    That wasn't Thoth was it? Anubis shot the poor luckless SOB who tried to Macguyver a naquadria generator for the big badda boom; Thoth was off somewhere else, possibly working on the kull project already.
    Well whne i saw it a tohugh it was the same guy, could be wrong.

Anyway I'm sure Anubis has a sarc.

Also he can't be working on the SS right then because he needs the knowedge from Jonas' mind about Egeria's blank babies to do it.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Welll, for that bit of the project, sure, but I figure he's working on something of the sort. I have him working with primordial Goa'uld from somewhere in Season 6, but that's just me.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I guess that with no definite reports from his agent, Ba'al decided that Kelowna was low down on the list compared to - oh, say, super-soldiers. If Jane Bond Goa'uld had called in to say there was this super-element lying around, he would have been all over Kelowna like ugly on an iguana, but without that it's just a curiosity.
        I guess....but as the all powerful Goa'uld that he is, wouldnt he want ANY advantage over the visibly powerful Anubis, knowing that Anubis DID travel there for some reason. I'm sure he wouldn't be like "Well...Anubis must've just though it was a nice vacation spot, I will leave it be, even though I haven't heard back from my secret operative."
        "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Ba'al isn't close to all-powerful though. He's under a great deal of pressure from Anubis, and from the other System Lords; especially Yu.

Kelowna is a curiosity; it's possible Anubis only went there because of another SG-1 decoy. We know for a fact that the long-range communications system is insecure, so his agent is probably under instructions to contact him only if she had vital information. No word means nothing of interest.

Comment

I'd like to see a Goa'uld try to take over Orchard Park Mall in the real-world Kelowna!

It would be interesting if Goa'uld found a way to clone themselves (through stolen Asgard technology) because if one physical body fell, the next one would be in line -- although it does beg the question, would clones of someone as power-hungry as Ba'al fight amongst themselves?
            Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
            more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

How the hell would their minions tell the difference between the lot of them though?
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

If I was mildly interested in something and sent one of my better agents out to investigate for me and that agent disappeared... I don't know about you, but that would make me MORE interested, not less. Particularly with the kinds of rumors he may have been hearing.

Plus, he'd want to make sure the agent was actually dead and wasn't trying to steal anything for herself...
                Last edited by ShadowMaat; 06 June 2004, 01:12 PM.

Comment

I don't think we even have any evidence she was one of his better agents.

I think he just had bigger fish to fry and no-one to spare between watching his back for Yu's recovery and watching his front for Nuby's next counter attack.

Comment

Ba'al isn't close to all-powerful though.
                    He's a Goa'uld. They are "all powerful" no matter what...just like they are "Gods."

And I agree with ShadowMaat.
                    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

But they are aware of their own shortcomings, even if they hide them from others; that's why they don't let people shoot them just so they can laugh at them, or indeed stretch themselves too thin trying to do anything and everything. Ba'al's projected air of omnipotence wouldn't have any bearing on his willingness to follow up on the investigation, unless of course he'd been foolish enough to declare his 'secret' mission publically, in which case Kelowna would end up crawling with agents.

I mean, it really depends on how much Ba'al read into Anubis going to Kelowna. If he was just curious and sent an agent on the off-chance, he wouldn't be wanting to look back. That might well fit with the agent immediately throwing over her boss when there turns out to be something really big going on.

I mean, if he knew - or seriously suspected - it was something big, he would have sent someone he could trust more; in as much as he could trust any Goa'uld. Actually, he probably would have sent several agents, just to be on the safe side, if he'd expected anything to come of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Torley

It would be interesting if Goa'uld found a way to clone themselves (through stolen Asgard technology) because if one physical body fell, the next one would be in line -- although it does beg the question, would clones of someone as power-hungry as Ba'al fight amongst themselves?
                        No they probably wouldn't, because they would be just a clone of the host body, not the Goa'uld. It wouldn't contain the Goold's nasty nature or any memories, so essentially it would be a blank slate.
                        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                          No they probably wouldn't, because they would be just a clone of the host body, not the Goa'uld. It wouldn't contain the Goold's nasty nature or any memories, so essentially it would be a blank slate.
                          A whole new life, but sometimes that isn't the best thing...
                          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Would you be able to clone the host body without actually leaving the host? I guess it depends on how deeply affected (physically) the host is by Goa'uld possession.

I still say that if Ba'al sent ANY agent out on a mission and that agent suddenly failed to report back (especially if she had been sending reports) he'd want to know why. If she's trusted, it'd be because she IS trusted... to a degree. If she isn't trusted, it'd be to make sure she hadn't found something and was hoarding it for herself.

And maybe he DID send multiple agents and the others just haven't been ousted yet. Might be why he isn't overly concrened about the loss of ONE agent...

Comment

One of the things I liked about Fallout (aside from yummy Jonas...even with that haircut) was that it raised some interesting points about Gou'ald. The Gou'ald in whats-her-name seemed to be, if not good, at least conflicted. And what she did at the end was almost self-less. It would be interesting to see if a Gou'ald could legitimately become Tokra.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                                One of the things I liked about Fallout (aside from yummy Jonas...even with that haircut) was that it raised some interesting points about Gou'ald. The Gou'ald in whats-her-name seemed to be, if not good, at least conflicted. And what she did at the end was almost self-less. It would be interesting to see if a Gou'ald could legitimately become Tokra.
                                I want to see an episode about that too A Goal'ald converting into goodness Like Teal'c turning evil to good
                                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                                X