Fallout (714)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my first post! Hi guys!!

I just watched this episode for the first time in my life and one thing really struck my attention: at the point where the goa'uld decided to plant the bomb down there herself, and the other characters remind her of there being dangerous gases, high pressure and stuff in the shaft, she (the goa'uld, mind you) says something like:

My symbiote will take care of this.

Now, aren't we having a serious identity problem here? I thought that the goa'uld were actually the symbiotes themselves (the symbiote being an organism containing the memories / consciousness passed on to it by its "mother"). The Tok'ra often said things like "my symbiote will do this", but it was always the host speaking. Now it was the symbiote (goa'uld) speaking, and it says "My symbiote will take care of this".

Well, I know people sometimes say things like "my body will take care of this, my body will cleanse itself" etc, but have you ever heard anyone say "My body will heal me"? How can the symbiote see itself as its symbiote?

On the whole, I think the episode was quite good, the goa'uld part added a nice twist to the plot and all... but still, the way it ended was really weak (the symbiote dies healing the host - i.e. we, the writers, no longer have to deal with the problem of "how to carry on writing stuff about a goa'uld who would not be conveniently black-and-whitedly evil like all of our goa'uld characters are" ).

Comment

I spent the whole episode wondering what the hell happened to Jonas' hair.

I was unable to focus on anything else.

Comment

I probably missed something obvious, but why wasn't Carter able to sense the symbiote in Kyanna when she first met her?

RowanD

GateShip--Where it's all about the family. Join us!

Comment

Originally posted by RowanD
          I probably missed something obvious, but why wasn't Carter able to sense the symbiote in Kyanna when she first met her?

RowanD
          She took a drug that masked the symbiote.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
            She took a drug that masked the symbiote.
            See. I told you I probably missed something obvious.

Thanks.

RowanD

GateShip--Where it's all about the family. Join us!

Comment

Wow was it just me or was that a LOT like 'The Core'???
              [email protected]
              http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
              One nation under dog
              There of which I stand alone
              A face in the crowd
              Unsung, against the mold
              Without a doubt
              Singled out
              The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
                Wow was it just me or was that a LOT like 'The Core'???
                Yeah, and maybe Armageddon a little bit too.
                Rocky

Comment

Did anyone else notice that Jonas and his goa'uld girlfirend Kiana had the same haircut??? And who chose Jonas' wardrobe for this ep?? That person should be fired.

Comment

It's Jonas's hairstylist that should have been fired!
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
                      I spent the whole episode wondering what the hell happened to Jonas' hair.

I was unable to focus on anything else.
                      Lmfao! I know, I was shocked and dismayed also. Kyanna's hair was similarly distressing. What a bad influence she's had on him!

This episode was good, but definitely reminded me of The Core, as Jprime mentioned. It was nice to see Jonas again, though the constant bickering between the three delogates was getting annoying by this point. At least the one from Kelowna seemed more reasonable that the others. To me it seemed similar to the situation on the Alpha site with The Tok'ra, Jafar and humans. Maybe not deliberate but still interesting

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                        I hate Jonas... why is he back!
                        that kind of hurts because i happen to like Jonas if you have not noticed

Comment

WTF? Jonas' hair what happened, the spiked was nice this was just wrong!!!!!

Otherwise good episode

Comment

Hair was weird for the first 10 minutes but when I saw the ladyfriend, all became clear... Suddenly it made sense, Kelowna was in grip of a hippy fever...

A fun episode... sooo nice to Jonas again... I felt that the show really missed his boyish enthusiasm...
                            It seems like everyone in SG-1, except for Teal'c, is in dire need of relationship councilling...
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

At first, I wasn't even sure it was still Corin Nemec, that's how much different he looked, to me, with his hair that way. Yes similar in part to The Core. Was a pretty good episode though. I like how O'Neill treated the 3 ambassadors. Which planet were they going to send them too?

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                                WTF? Jonas' hair what happened, the spiked was nice this was just wrong!!!!!

Otherwise good episode
                                The Earth gel probably didn't have the same effect on Kelowna with the different gravitational forces. Jonas just gave up applying it after a couple weeks.
                                SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Working...
                                X