Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Fallout (714)

Chief Master Sergeant

Default Re: Fallout Question...

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Sg1 is needed and comes to help - nice.
    Jonas Quinn is back - cute as ever and in love!
    Useless discussions not only on Earth but all over the galaxy - nice.
    O'Neill finds a way to end that - nicer.
    A Goau'ld turning good - the nicest event.
    Good ep, I liked it.
    A rare occasion were O'Neill's adolescent personality is of use.

Default Re: Fallout (714)

I just watched "The Core" in Syfy yesterday. Story about a female Air Force or Navy officer who joins an all male team of scientists and geniuses to take a very techy vehicle to the core of the earth in order to release several nuclear bombs into the core to try to get it to start rotating again. Only she and one of the scientists survive, but they accomplish the task.

I thought, when watching the female officer (Hillary Swank being the actress) in her uniform in a few scenes that she looked a lot like Sam Carter and so could see Sam in a situation similar to this. The movie came out in 2003.

Fast forward to about a year later in Season 7 of SG1 to the episode "Fallout" (which aired in 2004), which is a very similar script to the movie, but in this we have Sam, Teal'c, Jonas Quinn and his girlfriend (who has a goa'uld hiding in her) take a huge vehicle to near the center of Jonas' home planet in order to drop a nuke into some material that is causing lots of earthquakes and other problems, in order to blow it up and release the pressure that has been building.

Verrrry similar episode, written or suggested by Corin Nemec. I wonder if the producers realized how similar the movie and their episode were to each other.

Major General

While similar in a drill and bombs, they were not really similar in plot. Though i also liked the Core.. More for Ekhart than swank.

Yes it's similar to the Core, imo a very mediocre movie. But Jonas had more to do in Fallout than the whole sixth season.

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    This seems like such a dull episode for Jonas to go out on. The concept of naquadria being unnatural is interesting one but I feel like it was just glossed over to put Sam and Tealc in a drilling machine with Jonas. Kiyana being a Goa'uld was obvious the second the drilling machine was presented considering the lack of technology the Langarians have. The Langarians fighting seems to have been done before. It seems pointless to return to that. As much as I loved the Jonas character I was sadden to see such a great character to end with such a poor episode.
    I have to agree with jelgate here.

Airman

First time I ever saw Fallout. I liked the episode, although surprised that was Jonas under the hair. Baron of Hell and L Michelle got concerned, but I assumed Kelowna was going through it's version of the sixties. And Kiana certainly explained similarities.

If Nemec wrote it, it was good writing. Like other movies? Most TV/Movies steal from everyone else, but I thought the need to stop the explosion and the bickering among the delegates nicely played. Some of you find it tiring, but would we on earth in say, the Cold War have been any different?

I do think Jonas was a good character, and Corin makes him stand out in every scene. I also enjoyed seeing the depiction of the planet's technology...workable, but obviously behind ours. Remember, we got to the Moon on less advanced stuff then we have today. Why ain't we going back??? And what happened to Mars???

Jack O'Neill's anger...probably a lot of resentment at losing Daniel. Said 'you were dicking around' to the delegates. You can tell SG1 made it to cable.

The Goauld character offered a good twist, although their changing character must be taken with a grain of salt. I think the Goauld, for some reason, find Jonas and his race (possibly due to his DNA) more intriguing and potentially helpful to them then us uppity, primitive Tauri. That's what's frustrating...Jona's world has so much potential, but they waste it on wars, power struggles, and which nation can best survive a catastrophe. I thought the actress playing the Kelowan representative did good eye movements.
    As the creators said, it was too expensive to have Jonas as a recurring character, but we all miss him. He should be Kelowna's president. With the hair, he could be their Kennedy.

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

An episode with Jonas Quinn, written by Corin Nemec, and featuring pretty much everyone in some capacity and most of all doing something to move the story forward.

Daniel and Jack doing diplomacy -- Jack a little less and more in his usual way. Teal'c, Sam and Jonas digging a hole into Langara's crust to save the planet from annihilation.

The story is simple and on a whole not complicated. The insertion of the Goa'uld was clever, and she wasn't doing it for the good of the people. She was still working for her own gain -- her own empire. That line was brilliant, "There goes my empire!".

But what is it with Goa'uld falling for Jonas. First there's Nirrti finding him fascinating, and now Kiana.
    I think he has a type -- he just doesn't know it.

I do wonder, though, how that story continues and I'm rather disappointed this is the last time we see Jonas. In that regard, this episode falls a little short. I wonder if there's an episode linked fanfic about these two. Mmmm...

How would you rate SG-1's "Fallout"?

Excellent -- hell yeah! Very much enjoyed it!
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible

-----------EDIT---------------

3-episode quiz: Evolution II, Grace & Fallout

Jigsaw puzzle: Fallout
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; August 13th, 2019 at 02:13 PM.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

3:35 (Yes Really)

Quote Originally Posted by Who Knows View Post
    3:35 (Yes Really)
    No worries -- I believe you!

First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

But do you believe I got a perfect quiz score and did puzzle in 1:35.

Can we talk about the Goa'uld is named Thanos? I want to see his gauntlet. I think I saw a movie about this episode. The B plot of the squabbling diplomats and the insight into how the problem occurred is actually more entertaining the plot. I find drilling into the planet's crust dull. It was also obvious from the start the motivation of Kianna the spy. Goodbye Jonas. I miss you already. Too bad you left on a poor episode
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

But do you believe I got a perfect quiz score and did puzzle in 1:35.
    I do.

Can we talk about the Goa'uld is named Thanos? I want to see his gauntlet.
    I tried not to think about it because I didn't like that particular Endgame -- thought it was boring as hell.

Though, I imagine, Thanos was a busy boy in his haydays.

2:43 -- another quickie

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456