Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fallout (714)

Default Re: Fallout (714)

I did enjoy this episode, despite some of the issues voiced by others. Yes, I have to say, Jonas' hair had me raise an eyebrow in the best Teal'c fashion I am able to exert. ; ) although, I think that Jonas and his girlfriend are cute. matchymatchy. ; ) I am in the camp that likes Jonas. I wish they had done a better job of keeping him in the "loop" as a secondary character, mentioned and revisited once in awhile, so I was glad to see him. This is the saddest thing, IMHO, about most TV shows. Things just get dropped like lead balloons and never brought up again. Alas. Anyway, I thought it was a neat episode..with hints of those good old moral and ethical issues. I like the mess that Kelowna is always in and I like the trouble they cause for Earth. : )

Watching it again, i was more struck by Jack's reaction in the briefing room in the near beginning when he reacts so strongly about the delegates arguing and stomps out. The first time i watched this, it didn't really hit me, but this time it did. It really seemed to me that he was taking it pretty hard about having to listen to these idiots squabble after what they had gone through the first time with Daniel dying to save their planet. I really think that is a big part of why he reacted as he did and initially stalked out leaving Daniel at the elevator. He needed to deal with it all. And it struck me even more that Teal'c did too! That whole scene at the elevator struck me as odd initially and kinda mean that they would just desert Daniel, but then thinking about it more, I really think that Jack and Teal'c were pretty steamed about current situations and this new mess and needed to regroup. (probably with some jell-o!) Cuz later, Jack came and just "let'em have it" and was a lot more sympathetic to Daniel.

One more thing...just loved it on the "drill" thing when Keyanna said "Shol'va" about Teal'c and Sam looks at him and he just raises his eyebrow and looks away. I'd swear that Teal'c is SICK and TIRED of hearing that!! ; ) I just thought it was hilarious. Where in earlier seasons, he'd probably just have tilted his head, now he's looking away in a display of pure Tau'ri irritation! Priceless.
    Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

I really liked this episode, great to see Jonas Quinn again. The whole naquadria situation was interesting too. Was this the first time in history that a Goa'uld, as opposed to a Tok'ra symbiote, sacrificed itself so that its host might live?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Chief Master Sergeant GateGhost's Avatar

This episode does not sit well for me, although it was kind of nice to see Jonas again.

I was really glad to see Jonas again. I felt he should have stayed longer at SGC. Not at the expense of Daniel of course..

First Lieutenant

Since when does your average goa'uld working for a system lord become a nice guy - a Tok'ra in the making??

And what would happen once Baal and his forces return and find out what happened on the planet??

Chief Master Sergeant LeftHandedGuitarist's Avatar

Loved seeing Jonas back, it's one of the series major faults - in my opinion - that he didn't become a recurring character. That, and Kelowna/Langara is a pretty interesting planet with some good story options. The episode itself is a fairly intriguing one, at least for the first half; once the drilling starts it turns into a fairly predictable "end-of-the-world-we-need-a-crazy-mission-to-save-it" movie.

For the most part. The situation with the Goa'uld wasn't predictable, and I'm very pleased Kianna survived. And the male ambassador's beard was amazing.

RATING: 7.5 out of 10

Staff Sergeant

Good to see Jonas again, but the hair!? Poor guy. Interesting to have a nuanced Goa'uld character. And best of all was Jacks reaction to the bickering ambasadors. Nice.

Probie

May be i would be from the minority which actually likes Jonas' hair and thinks hes cut Anyway, glad to see him again and i think the story by CN was cool and interesting to follow. One of my favorite ep of the season

Second Lieutenant Lieutenant Sparrow's Avatar

Jonas! Great to see him for the last time (I think). Pity the ep was pretty average imo.

Pretty shocking that a Goa'uld would sacrifice itself.

Tuesday night...another ep of SG1.

1. Given that this was Jonas's comeback ep and I did kind of like the guy I was looking forward to this...

2. And then I saw his Gordon Tracy haircut!

3. Like that they ressurected the Sam-Jonas friendship.

4. Didn't call the Goa'uld as JOnas's girlfriend, unlucky mate.

5. Not a bad stunt with the diplomats.

6. Think some peeps may be overanalysing the backstage politics - I've been tto enough cons since SG1 S7 - someone would have let something slip by now!

Solid ep though.

If I were a Goa'uld, I would certainly change my evil ways for Jonas Quinn.

Awesome to have him back, even if just for one last episode.

DVDs Re: Fallout Question...

This was an interesting episode.

It was good to see Jonas again, even if it is the last time we'll ever see him *fist shake*. I liked Jonas (I guess it's because Season 6 was the first season I completely watched), despite being a replacement for Daniel.

Anybody else find Kianna more sexy with all those scars on her face? I blame the makeup crew.

Tomorrow, Osiris is back to mess with Daniel. Oh, and another DeLuise guest stars.

It was good to see Jonas again, despite the 'hair'! The fashion on his planet had turned very 'Contemporary Tau'ri' casual style too!

I loved the idea of an almost 'Tok'ra' Goa'uld. I always thought that the Tok'ra had to start somehow and it only took one Goa'uld, Egeria thinking a different way, and it was displayed here again by Keyanna.

LeftHandedGuitarist: LOL, the ambassador's beard...... it did deserve its own credit at the end for its performance!!!!

I've just realised, this seems to be an episode of weird fashion statements!!!! Almost forgot about the dire situation Jonas' planet was in and how the day was saved by the Tau'ri and a Goa'uld with an idea used in the movie 'The Core', this episode was better than that though, even without the special effects budget!!!!

My LiveJournal post

Not bad, not great...
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

>-- Czechs Rock! >--

This seems like such a dull episode for Jonas to go out on. The concept of naquadria being unnatural is interesting one but I feel like it was just glossed over to put Sam and Tealc in a drilling machine with Jonas. Kiyana being a Goa'uld was obvious the second the drilling machine was presented considering the lack of technology the Langarians have. The Langarians fighting seems to have been done before. It seems pointless to return to that. As much as I loved the Jonas character I was sadden to see such a great character to end with such a poor episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

I really dug this episode, but let me drill down into it more. It was great seeing Jonas again even though he had a stupid haircut. I agree with some of the people that said he got the cold shoulder from everyone except Sam.

One problem with the episode was they never said anything about messaging baal. You might say they really dropped the Baal on that one. I also didn't like how Jonas haircut matched his girlfriend's haircut. Couldn't stop thinking how silly it looked. Thought they were going to breakout in beetles songs.

The main storyline was really good. They got to the core of the problem quickly. The b plot with the Goa'uld turned good was also nice. I wish that she survived for future episodes.

Probie

Finally there is a good goauld(not the Tokra).I cant help but to think what will Jonas do if the goauld is still alive after the drilling work. A sad but touching ending is predictable, but I dont really appreciate it.

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Jonas Quinn is back! And so are the Langarians... oh gosh, I'm with Jack on this one. No patience in the world is enough to stick it out with these people.

It's also the his and her-style episode. So, that's what's fashionable on Langaria now... hairstyle wise anyway.
    But they were such a nice pair together. Too bad his girlfriend turns out to be a Goa'uld. Good thing, we're best friends with the Tok'ra who can help out when it so pleases them.

And we learn a bit more about naquadria and naquadah. Interesting science!

I really enjoyed this episode, and I loved seeing Jonas again even if it's only for one episode.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Major General

Default Re: Fallout Question...

Quote Originally Posted by Shipperahoy View Post
    One of the things I liked about Fallout (aside from yummy Jonas...even with that haircut) was that it raised some interesting points about Gou'ald. The Gou'ald in whats-her-name seemed to be, if not good, at least conflicted. And what she did at the end was almost self-less. It would be interesting to see if a Gou'ald could legitimately become Tokra.
    I wonder if it was cause she seemed smitten with Jonas that she was 'turning'.

As far as the ep goes.. it was decent (better than bloodlines or grace imo) but lacking for impact.

Default Re: Fallout Question...

Sg1 is needed and comes to help - nice.
    Jonas Quinn is back - cute as ever and in love!
    Useless discussions not only on Earth but all over the galaxy - nice.
    O'Neill finds a way to end that - nicer.
    A Goau'ld turning good - the nicest event.
    Good ep, I liked it.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast