This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things you thought when you were young.

I am interested to hear about peoples quirks they picked up while they were young, or perhaps certain words they didn't quite understand the meaning to.

For example, ever since school i have developed a rather annoying habbit, and one that is surprising hard to break. Whenever i am asked i question and i am in a group of people, i instinctive put my hand up, and not one of those weak ones where you sort of bend your elbow and your hand never goes above your head. I'm talking arm shotting up in there air as soon as i have an awnser. I don't think i need to say that a 22 year old putting there hand up to anwser a question as a 10 year old would do can look pretty stupid.

Also, being an only child, my naive parents, because the swore so much decided it was best to trick me into the actual meaning of these words. It wasn't till about 8 where i started getting to the real truth.

I don't have anything partiularly funny myself, but im sure someone else does, and i would like to be amused.
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

I still say 'the f word' or firetruck instead of the real thing.

Comment

i used to say the joke about what do you call a dog with no ears
      and instead of saying anything you want, because he can't hear you, i said kitkat, i was young and stupid

Comment

I thought Barbie was real, tried to write a letter to her once but didn't know the address so I put my own down hoping the postman would know where to find Barbie and she would know where to reply back

sigpic
        Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
        Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

i wrote Father Christmas' address on a parcel and i tried to post myself to see him i almost suceeded as well

Comment

A quirk that I have picked up at some point, although I have no idea when it for when I talkt to someone, I use my hands to emphise points, and to tell the truth it's kind of annoying!

Comment

I believed in Santa until an embarassingly late age but I have a good excuse. My three older brothers and my older sister secretly got together and said, "When Amy stops believing, we all start getting clothes for Christmas". My oldest brother was ten years older than me and they were highly motivated to keep me believing--noises on the roof and in the house, scientific explanations for the time problem of getting all the toys to all the houses, and even had neighbor kids in on it. And since I had secretly read all his "In Search of Ancient Astronauts", Nazca plains, bigfoot books and such and believed all that, Santa wasn't so unbelievable.

Now, this is sort of an opposit to the thread title, but I was in high school before I noticed that the "K-9" unit of the police stood for "canine".
              amytay
              Fort Ancient, Ohio
              (It's a real place)

Comment

i remember when i was little thinking that the people on tv actually lived in the tv and would spend ages looking through the tele vents to see if i could see them...LOL LOL..... i'd forgotten i used to do that untill i read this post! LOL
                SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                  A quirk that I have picked up at some point, although I have no idea when it for when I talkt to someone, I use my hands to emphise points, and to tell the truth it's kind of annoying!
                  That's not that bad. I do that as well, it really sells a joke if you use the right actions.

One of mine is saying "Eh..." before answering most question. It's really annoying when you realise that you did it constantly after ordering a particularly complex subway...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I'm still young but I remember some stupid things I used to do.
                    I used to walk up the stairs with my eyes closed ust so I could get that creepy feeling when you step up to another step and there reall isn't a step there
                    I also used to have any imaginary friend whose name was Frank and the reason the other kids couldn't see him was because he lived on the moon and I was the only one who could hear him yelling from all the way down here was because I had super good hearing.
                    I used to eat playdough....those were the good ole' days when playdough was a snack and your best friends aren't real.

Comment

@ SGC:I do that thing with the hands too. I for the most part notice it. Also, when I'm called on to voice an opinion or something, I feel...watched. I get all shaky and nervous.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

LOL i do the hand up thing to me and my friend where going into a bar once and the bouncer asked a question and there was about 8 of us and 2 of us put our hands up and then the next day in our hotel when a guy asked who was english we did the same thing.

I remember thinking that peach was a new colour that was only invented when i was about 8 i really don't know why lol

I used to think that my teachers lived in the school

I remember meeting Kylie when i was really young and i just couln't understand that her and charlene where differnt people and i was so confussed

I can rmember sitting in the back garden at my nans and macking mud pie's with my cousins, we also used to sit under her kitch table and swear coz if we wheer under the table people couldn't hear us lol

for some odd reason i belived that micheal myers lived in the attic and if i needed to go upstairs for anything i would make one of my oarents stand at the bottom of the stairs and close my eyes when i was under the attic.

XXX

Comment

Originally posted by fan of jack
                          i remember when i was little thinking that the people on tv actually lived in the tv and would spend ages looking through the tele vents to see if i could see them...LOL LOL..... i'd forgotten i used to do that untill i read this post! LOL
                          This is so cool, another TV person. Not only did I think the characters lived in the TV, I used to think they could see eveything that I did. When my favorite TV shows were on I had to be sure I stayed on my best behavior, which wasn't easy with four brothers who loved to pick on me.
                          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

lol this thread is great

when I was young I used to believe my mommy had eyes in the back of her head... so when she turned her back to me she could still see what I was doing

and theres this tunnel near where we used to live that went under a large river and each time we went through it my mommy made me close the window cos she said the "fishies would get in" - and I didn't catch on until I was quite old that she meant the fishies in the river and there wasn't just random fish flying around the tunnel
                            Ses
                            James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk
                              This is so cool, another TV person. Not only did I think the characters lived in the TV, I used to think they could see eveything that I did. When my favorite TV shows were on I had to be sure I stayed on my best behavior, which wasn't easy with four brothers who loved to pick on me.
                              LOL...i have 3 younger brothers and used to enjoy freaking them out by telling them monsters could come out of the tv....lol....they forgive me now of course...
                              SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

Working...
                              X