build a ship that can transport amor vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

build a ship that can transport amor vehicles

if we bulid a ship that can carry amor vehicles like the M6 Bradley,LAV-25,HMMWV and the bet of the best the M1A2 Abrams tank. i want to see a Ori troop go against a abram tank.

Not so sure about ground vehicles, Staffs are very innacurate vs Infantry but even a semi-skilled Jaffa probably could take out a tank with that kind of Fire Power.

Comment

Originally posted by lord O'neill
      if we bulid a ship that can carry amor vehicles like the M6 Bradley,LAV-25,HMMWV and the bet of the best the M1A2 Abrams tank. i want to see a Ori troop go against a abram tank.
      Of course it the ori soldier would be no match for a frigging tank, we could just plow right over him, no need to waste ammo when you can commit autocide.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Just beam the Abram tanks and bradley into the hanger of the Daedulas class ship and ferry it to the battlefield. Although it will take longer, but it's worth it. There's a fanfiction on that subject.
        sigpic
        The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

The Dropship from Aliens.
          sigpic
          I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
          'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
          'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

Put some light shielding over the tanks using naqudah generators so they can protect against staff blasts and such.

Would be pretty interesting.
            I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

That would be so awesome

Ori warrior versus Abrams tank division with shields.

The Sci-Fi geek would be satisfied and my War films geek would love it too

Eye candy
              For those who want peace, prepare for war

S.P.Q.R. Senatus Populusque Romanus

Comment

mmmmm. My stomach is hungry for some action with Ori warriors vs an Amored division.
                sigpic
                The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

That does sound sweet. I would love to see it, but I wouldn't count on it. Budget constraints, you know?
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

hey now baal is on earth is he studying the way we fight on earth. damm he could build a tank and could kick sgc team a s s.

Comment

I think a better use for the tanks is to beam them above a whole group of Ori troops and squish 'em.
                      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

I imagine the armor on an abrams could handle a few staff blasts just by its thickness. We've seen what ori and jaffa staff weapons do to an unarmored human when hit, and the damage, though often fatal, is minimal to the damage an abrams can handle.

And there is no need to build a transport, an abrams tank is just small enought to fit through a stargate. 12ft wide by 8ft high, a gate is 22ft diameter on the outside. It'd be a tight fit, but doable. Imagine the site of an armored infantry division pouring through a gate and blasting an ori army to oblivion.

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
                          And there is no need to build a transport, an abrams tank is just small enought to fit through a stargate. 12ft wide by 8ft high, a gate is 22ft diameter on the outside. It'd be a tight fit, but doable. Imagine the site of an armored infantry division pouring through a gate and blasting an ori army to oblivion.
                          I dunno, the stargate being 28 floors down, and being in a small room could make it a bit of a problem to get any usable amount through the gate quickly, unless of course they sent them all to the Alpha Site first.
                          An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Just beam the gate to the surface, what ever base the division is at, send'em through then beam the gate back down.

Comment

Better yet, there a new type or armored vehicle developed by the army that replaces the humvee. It's called M1117 ASV. Check it out. It can fit through a stargate for a force recon mission or a assault mission.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X