No announcement yet.

Affleck as Kirk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He wasn't up to the same calibre of Alec Guinness though... It just wasn't the same. No one can replace Sir Alec IMO.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
      Ewan MacGregor was great as Obi-Wan- best thing about the prequels.
      Well, he did get better as his beard grew longer. In the first film, he tried to sound too much like the great Sir Alec Guinness.

*edit* Yup, totally agree Anubis.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
        He wasn't up to the same calibre of Alec Guinness though... It just wasn't the same. No one can replace Sir Alec IMO.
        Of course no one could replace Alec Guiness, but I thought he did an amazing job. Especially in Revenge of the Sith- considering the dialogue he was given.

Comment

he had dialogue

Comment

I was on IGN looking at the trailers for the new X-Men movie and I saw a article on a spin-off movie about young Magneto.

So who would McKellen like to see portray the young Magneto? Be advised, this next part gets a little SPOILERISH. "I'll be playing the part. [laughter] I don't know if it's in the [press] notes, the first time that Patrick Stewart and I appear in this film [X-Men: The Last Stand], we appear to be 25 years younger than we are. And that's been done by a technology never used in film before, which involves no makeup, no special effects whatsoever. We just go into the studio and do the scene as is, and then they morph our faces on to photographs of ourselves 25 years ago. Lo and behold, there we are."

He continued, "They can take any shaped person and they can slim you down, they can build you up, they can bring out your shoulders, change the style and color of your hair. Remove every wrinkle. They removed so many wrinkles from my face, I looked so young that [X-Men director] Brett Ratner said, 'You've got to put a few wrinkles back. It's looking ridiculous.' So it would mean that I could play myself at 25, feasibly. As long as I can keep myself lithe and sounding young."
            Maybe they could do this with Shatner.

Heres the link.
            http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/704/704451p1.html

Comment

Bent Asscrack? No. Matt Damon? Yes.
              Don't green it unless you mean it.

Comment

Imagining Ben Affleck as Captain Kirk is one of the more painful excersizes I've attempted.

Where do we start?

-Affleck is too tall.
                -He doesn't have a face to speak of.
                -He seems boring, deadpan... and boring.
                -He has no Kirk-like qualities to him.

If ya ask me, they should find someone completely unknown... not to mention someone with a bit o' talent.
                [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

If it wasn't for the British accent, I'd say Jude Law. But now that I think about it, Orlando Bloom.
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Orlando Bloom as Captain Kirk?

I have a very, very hard time imagining that.
                    [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Originally posted by Syera
                      Orlando Bloom as Captain Kirk?

I have a very, very hard time imagining that.
                      So do I.....and if he was Captain Kirk Star Trek would turn into a screaming thirteen year old fan girl thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                        So do I.....and if he was Captain Kirk Star Trek would turn into a screaming thirteen year old fan girl thing.
                        Urk...

Comment

How about Colin Ferrell as Capt Kirk although I am not sure if he can do an American accent for the role?.

Or maybe George Clooney as Kirk?.
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I dunno... he's just too cute for the role, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                              How about Colin Ferrell as Capt Kirk although I am not sure if he can do an American accent for the role?.

Or maybe George Clooney as Kirk?.
                              Actually, George Clooney might work- he's too old for young Kirk though.....

Comment

Working...
                              X