Affleck as Kirk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affleck as Kirk?

This is just a rumour not solid news but.... http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...8&obj_id=51139

.. some others had heard that Ben has also been talking to Paramount about possibly playing a lead role in a new Star Trek film from J.J Abrams. Apparently Abrams is coming down to visit the set in a few weeks, to visit Michelle Monaghan, whom he directed in Mission : Impossible 3, so that might add some more fuel to the fire. If it comes off, he's apparently playing the hero. Don't know if that's Captain Kirk or some other nameless male protagonist...but that's the gist of it. So possible that Affleck's going to go onto doing a new Jack Ryan, and possibly a "Trek", after he finishes with this film....
    I doubt this will happen but.... if it did I think this would be bad for the franchise. I don't have the level of hate and disrespect many seem to have for Ben Affleck but his current reputation won't do much for Star Trek's credibility and I almost feel his attachment to any film in a lead role at this point would work against it. Although he is a big name, which is nice, I don't think he has the creds that Star Trek needs to be a success. On the other hand, I think he'd be decent in the role.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Ben Affleck in Star Trek.....oh god no.

Comment

Ben who? Ain't no James T Kirk IMHO.
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Ben Affleck as Captain Kirk just sounds so.....wrong.....evil? Evil, yes, EEVVIILL!!

Comment

I don't think Ben Affleck has the right personality for that role. He always seemed like a jerk, to me.

Comment

i agree he would make a really crap kirk
            sigpic

Comment

Not to mention Abrams pretty much said to ignore the rumours because they're not true.

Comment

Originally posted by Eye Of Ra
                i agree he would make a really crap kirk
                He makes a crap everything.

Powers that be, is this like Abraham's test of faith?

Comment

Please make this be nothing more than a stupid rumour.

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!! PLease GOD

Ben Affleck? Arrrghhhhhhh*running away-fast!*

Comment

I think William Shatner should reprise his role and get it over with. A little hair dye and it'll be fine...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Ben Affleck is too old to play a younger Kirk anyhow!! And too weak an actor to play the bad guy so I guess he was just doing what the article said...talking!

I'm trying to stay positive here people!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                          This is just a rumour not solid news but.... http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...8&obj_id=51139

I doubt this will happen but.... if it did I think this would be bad for the franchise. I don't have the level of hate and disrespect many seem to have for Ben Affleck but his current reputation won't do much for Star Trek's credibility and I almost feel his attachment to any film in a lead role at this point would work against it. Although he is a big name, which is nice, I don't think he has the creds that Star Trek needs to be a success. On the other hand, I think he'd be decent in the role.
                          Ack, bite your tongue, no, duct tape your mouth. Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, but Affleck is simply not scifi hero material. Nope, nada, zilch. Leave Trek dead if that's how they're going to cast. What next? Chris ROck as Spock?!

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                            Ack, bite your tongue, no, duct tape your mouth. Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, but Affleck is simply not scifi hero material. Nope, nada, zilch. Leave Trek dead if that's how they're going to cast. What next? Chris ROck as Spock?!

Comment

Ben afleck is a horrible choice! that guy needs acting lessons

Comment

Working...
                              X