Foreston - Factory Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreston - Factory Town

This is the small town that has grown up around the factories that were established before Earth was destroyed. It's a nice, quiet little town. It has small stores and a large church and a two-room school and a restaurant / bar. (With an owner who doesn't LIKE people who brawl in his town.)

NPC: Sheriff Mike Anderson
    NPC: Mayor Laura Goodwin (Jynjyr)
    NPC: Councilman Kevin Cooper
    NPC: Jack O'Harris - Restauranteur - Floor plan (SilverRider)
    NPC: Captain Jensen Winchester, MD (ShelBel)
    Last edited by Gen Blue; 16 October 2007, 03:55 PM.
    Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
    sigpic

<<Brig>>

Charles started the long walk from the base to the factories in relative peace. Many of the military people forgot that there was basically a whole town out there. Not that it mattered to them much, they were just civilians who didn't fit in with the military or scienetific life style.

Charles had befriended the shrief of the town when he was sent out there to help out with a few robberies. Mike Anderson was a good man. Ex military, who happened to get invited to come to a new planet. He had taken the job because he was getting bored with his early retirment after having taken a bullet to the knee killing his abilty to run. His had become sour, during the years before he had come to the alpha site, but he apperently he was given in his opinion a second chance on life, and he took it.

Charles, liked the town. It felt almost like something out of the wild west. With just a sheriff, and a few things to keep the town going. There was of course a bar in town, though it was a well kept secret from the military personnel or everyone would be leaving the base to get a drink. Charles liked the peace and quite the town offered, and on days like this it felt good to get away.

Charles walked into the center of town to find it was busy as usual. Charles had to strain to figure out that it was probably a thrusday. He had lost use of the dates not leaving the base much. As Charles walked he past civilians that were a little put off by his military clothing, I wonder why? Thought Charles as he entered the sheriffs office.

((OOC: More to come later. Just waitng for the mission. I do have a radio so he can be there pretty much when he is called.))
    Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

((A bar and a church. And SG7. All within walking distance of each other. This sounds.... interesting? Dangerous? Like Blue is feeling suicidal? ))
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

((OOC: The sheriff will be watching you.))

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          ((A bar and a church. And SG7. All within walking distance of each other. This sounds.... interesting? Dangerous? Like Blue is feeling suicidal? ))
          (( NO 'Rooms-for-Rent' ))
          sigpic

Comment

(((OCC- How about the local town floosie )))

Comment

((OOC: More info to come. Blue, and I are hammering it out.))

Comment

It seems that this needs to be posted here as well.

Originally posted by Gen Blue
                <snip> It's NOT going to be a "Liberty town" full of bars and brothels. Capish?
                sigpic

Comment

(((OCC- No brothels, just suspicous massage parlors, just kidding)))

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
                    (((OCC- No brothels, just suspicous massage parlors, just kidding)))
                    *not smiling* You better be. I'll call the Mods for any posts like that and strip this whole thread. Harsh but True.
                    sigpic

Comment

((OOC, it wouldn't make sense anyway, they dislike the military right? Why would they want to attract any soldiers? Not to mention the fact that the screening process probably weeded out anyone who's commited any serious offence.))

Comment

((I have a question that is actually ligiment. Is there more than one town because my character is supposed to be from a power plant a fair distance away. Just checking))
                        I doubt my sanity; then again I doubt yours as well!

Comment

((Yeah I guess.))

Comment

Introductory post: everyone welcome the newest member of the RPG, Capt. Jensen Winchester, MD.

Shrugging into his light jacket, Jensen pried his youngest nephew off his knee with a laugh. "Come on Sammy. I'm really sorry, but Uncle Jensen has to go away for a couple of days, and if I don't get going soon, then I'll be walking in the dark and you don't want that, do you?"

Big blue eyes bored into his, and suddenly somber, Sammy released his leg. "Unca Jensen," his little voice pleaded, "I'm gonna miss you."

"Oh darlin'," Jensen sighed, bending down and scooping the litte boy into his arms, "I'm gonna miss you too. I promise I'll be back as soon as I can. I need to go back to the base and get some supplies to make sure you and your friends don't get sick this winter, okay?"

"Don't forget his little sister on the way," came another voice. Jensen grinned and stood up to embrace his eldest brother John. Little Sammy made a face.

"I wanna brodder!" Jensen just laughed and released his brother, dropping oen hand to muss Sammy's hair.

"You keep Mary off her feet for a while," he told John softly, then turned to Sammy. "And YOU- behave for your mom and do what she says. She doesn't feel good right now, so its very important that you do what she asks until I get back, okay?"

Eyes wide, Sammy nodded. "'Kay, Unca Jensen."

"I knew I could count on you." He pressed a kiss to the boy's forehead and stood again, settling his mostly-empty backpack on his shoulder.

"Be careful Jensen." His brother's tone was low and concerned. Jensen flashed his best carefree grin at him.

"Always. I'll see you in a couple days." With that, he turned and walked outside, closing the small home's door behind him. Sucking in a deep breath, Jensen squared his shoulders and walked away, heading into the nearby forest.

<< to the base>>

Last edited by ShelBel; 09 May 2006, 12:13 PM.

Comment

(( OOC - Ooooo, this is cool. Does the town have a name? Is the restaurant / bar called "Jack's Place"? Obvious, I know. I couldn't help myself.))

You're never too old to do something goofy.
                              sigpic
                              Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Working...
                              X