Grace (713)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anja View Post
    None, it's his curiosity and being a cop that makes him do this just in combination with the biiiiig secret she is hiding and he senses that. I don't think he must be judged that negatively.
    I keep thinking that since Pete was a friend of Sam's brother, that Mark must have told him she worked for the AirForce and did some sort of mysterious work because she couldn't even tell him about it.

I do judge him negatively, because even though we never heard anything about it, his background check on her must have rung some big bells with the Air Force and made them wonder who was checking into one of their top officers/scientist. I really wish the story would have gone into the backlash from something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      But not a boyfriend - that's bordering on creepy.

Edit: not creepy, stalkery

If any girlfriend of mine would be doing what he did, and I don't even work in top secret projects, she'd be out the door faster than she could walk out herself.
      I think you would be surprised how many people run background checks on their dates these days. Criminals hide their past all the time
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I think you would be surprised how many people run background checks on their dates these days. Criminals hide their past all the time
        I probably would be.

Nevertheless, wrong move.

For the record, I'm all clear - background checked for my sister's job at the airport. If anything had popped up, she wouldn't have been hired.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
          Anja, to my mind, that's called "blaming the victim."

Pete knew she worked on classified material. He knew she was not allowed to discuss it (with him or anyone else). So he goes behind her back and pries, and follows her. He didn't care that she could lose her job (or worse) for telling him.

Her behavior was irrelevant to my judgment of his.

Seaboe
          I agree.

Comment

I think the biggest problem with Pete was that he wasn't that intelligent...He probably didn't even stop long enough to think "running a background check on this woman I barely know could be construed as a bit creepy!"

Not the sharpest was he.
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
              I think the biggest problem with Pete was that he wasn't that intelligent...He probably didn't even stop long enough to think "running a background check on this woman I barely know could be construed as a bit creepy!"

Not the sharpest was he.
              Right, more of a cop but of a lover - nevertheless I wouldn't judge him that hard as others did before.
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

O-kay... "a woman can't be happy on her own, but needs someone to love her in order for true happiness to be reached" -- eh... what now?

Great piece of advice there, Jacob Carter!
                Even for a hallucination, you're a jackass. Well, it is Sam's hallucination so it's basically her thinking it... but still... really?!?

Anywho... moving on...

Ingredients of this episode:
                1 empty ship
                1 hallucinating Major
                5 hallucinated side-characters, 4 of which we know, 1 we don't
                1 gas cloud

Extra but unnecessary ingredient -- if you want to bring a little spice in the mix:
                1 alien ship to abduct unnecessary crew so we have the set to ourselves

That's basically it.

It's a bottle episode, as it takes place on one or two standing sets, and we have one main character and the rest is filler. Carter got the short straw and ends up hallucinating her teammates, and was that gas cloud personified in Grace... Who knows?

It has a beginning, a middle and an end, and that's all I have... Fair to say, this episode is easily forgotten.

How would you rate SG-1's "Grace"?

Excellent
                Good
                Fair
                Poor
                Terrible

-----------EDIT---------------

3-episode quiz: Evolution II, Grace & Fallout

Jigsaw puzzle: Grace
                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 13 August 2019, 02:12 PM. Reason: Adding quiz & jigsaw.

Comment

You are reading to into FH. The point is that their is more to life than just work.

I hate this episode so much. I like this episode like FH likes demons. Its dull and boring. I Don't care about Sam and her subconscious. I definitely didn't care about jack/Sam. The plot seems nonexistent and the Earth scenes are pointless. Its a terrible with 8 minutes 35 seconds
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    You are reading to into FH. The point is that their is more to life than just work.
                    Well, yes... of course... there is more to life than just work. He could have suggested a vacation.

Comment

14:09
                      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

10:24

Comment

Good episode. Pretty interesting that we can "see" to Sam´s head and her thoughts are formed into members of SG1. I really liked Amanda´s acting, she was brilliant. Shipper´s moments warmed my heart, even when we knew that everything was just in Sam´s head.
                          But pity that we don´t know more about that alien ship and also Nebula. It could be very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                          X